PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Trip

zamochit
10-29-2010, 11:14 PM
So yesterday I loaded up a Uhaul and headed down to Toledo to meet up with a guy to pick up the Triumph I listed awhile back. Well, the trip was pretty interesting....

First of all, I had Uhaul install a hitch on my Jeep, but that was a huge mistake!! I got lazy and didn't feel like messin with it, ok!

Anyway, I picked the trailer up the night before so I would be ready to road trip first thing Thursday morning. On My way to the gas station in the morning the trailer was acting sloppy. I was pumping gas and reached over and gave the tongue a tug and the entire hitch moved. The ass at Uhaul never even tightened the damn bolts up to the hitch and the trailer had my Fucking Bike in it! So, I had to go to Uhaul and have them tighten the damn thing up.

A half hour later I was back on the road and on my way. It was almost exactly 2 hours to our meeting spot at River Crest Park in Perrysburgh, just outside Toledo. When I got there I opened the trailer and there was my bike sideways in the trailer. A hook in the trailer fucking broke and my bike was damn near laid down.

Then, that beautiful trump I been dreaming about for a month, a fucking Terd! That thing looked nothing like the pictures he had been sending me. The frame was all botched up with some jive ass welds. I swear a preschooler could do better. The tins were mudded up and half ass sanded with spray paint. I was so damn pissed. The bike looked damn near show in the pics and the guy talked it up like it was bad ass and he had offers coming out his ass for $7000. No fucking way was this bitch worth close to even $700 in my opinion. I swear the guy had no idea it was as shitty as it was. He still thought I was gonna trade him. WTF?

Gas Man
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
WOW... one of those days you should have never gotten out of bed for.

So you took your bike home and all is back to normal now?

zamochit
10-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Yea, bike is back home and I'm ordering up some spacers for the rear wheel and sprockets. Then its getting blasted and painted.

WILEY
10-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Sorry bout your bad luck.

Pictures can hide alot of sins.

Some folks selling stuff make it sound great. Looked at lots of junk over the years that the owners touted as great.

just finish your damn bike would ya??LOL

Bob
10-30-2010, 08:15 AM
That sucks man. That's how that FZR of mine was. The guy sent these pics that looked awesome and when I got there it was a pile of shit.

telecast
10-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Glad you got out in one piece Zam, I hate to see people get hosed on trades.

Plus, I told ya not to trade the damned thing to begin with!

zamochit
10-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Glad you got out in one piece Zam, I hate to see people get hosed on trades.

Plus, I told ya not to trade the damned thing to begin with!

I know I know.. Its just since I started building the bike I realized I wanted something more vintage. I love the old triumphs and shovelheads. I guess I can just finish what I started and build one of the others next;)

junkyardjon
10-30-2010, 03:33 PM
so now your a dick for not trading haahahahahahahaha
thats some funny stuff there. i'm still amazed how people thing there JUNK is worth money.

Bob
10-31-2010, 09:45 AM
I know I know.. Its just since I started building the bike I realized I wanted something more vintage. I love the old triumphs and shovelheads. I guess I can just finish what I started and build one of the others next;)

Just watch like a days worth of American Chopper and you'll be able to have a gaudy extravagant chopper in like 60 minutes! haha!