PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do carpet cleaning?

Bob
10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Anyone here do residential carpet cleaning?

Gas Man
10-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Best place you can call PERIOD

RJ Carpet Cleaning
313-220-9565

Tell him I sent ya. He's owner/operator.

Those places like stanley and such... most of them are "one pass n go". Where as my guy CLEANS it. Trust me on this Bob.

Mudpuppy
10-18-2010, 11:06 AM
i do my own..

Bob
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
i do my own..

I have a Bissel or something like and a really heavy duty automotive one but they just don't seem to do the trick as the pros do.

telecast
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Rent a Rug Doctor.

Bob
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Rent a Rug Doctor.

I hate to do that because where I used to work we used to rent them and they where nasty.

junkyardjon
10-18-2010, 09:16 PM
or just shave it and shower.... might help, no?

Gas Man
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Trust me on this Bob... call RJ

Bob
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I will man. We might wait a while now but at least I have the info. Thanks!

Gas Man
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
He charges like 100-125 to do my house... so his prices are in the range but the quality is above par.

Mudpuppy
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I have a Bissel or something like and a really heavy duty automotive one but they just don't seem to do the trick as the pros do.

i hear you.. the van units are $50,000 for a reason - they work.. i used to clean carpet on the side using one of the vans and portable ninjas (next best thing to the van).. unfortunately my friend, best god damn carpet cleaner in the world, moved to tennessee and sold his business.. so now i just do my own with a rental unit from aco or home depot or wherever.. its not as good as a van but i do a better job than most of the companies with the vans do anyways.. they are typically hacks..

Mudpuppy
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Trust me on this Bob... call RJ

does he dye carpet as well?

Gas Man
10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
does he dye carpet as well?
IDK Mud. Call him and ask him.

And forget those rental jobs. You spend what $$ to rent it, then more for cleaner soap, then have to do it all yourself. F that. He comes in, does it all, moves the furniture unless you say not to. Plus he deodorizes the carpet.

When he comes, make sure you go and look at his van. The condition of his van will tell you how he is. It's dirty to him, but spotless to most. He is on my level of craziness when it comes to clean/organized. Every year he is re doing the inside of his van, just to keep it clean and fresh.

He's getting ready to or maybe already has installed a new powered hose reel that is leaps better than what most guys run.

And you're right, most of these van companies are a joke. But most of them aren't RJ. Most of them have a teenager or young guy doing it for $12 an hour or worse yet, comission on how many he does a day. It's 1 spray & pass. It's a show with not enough real work being done. Not CLEAN the carpet, keep running the tool over it till it's clean. That is what RJ does. Remember, he is THE company.

And NO, we are not gay lovers nor am I a paid sponsor. But he is a rider as well.

telecast
10-19-2010, 02:18 PM
After that resounding review, I'm thinking someone ought to check Gas' knees for rug burns...

Mudpuppy
10-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Rental jobs are what they are - they are a cheap way to do it yourself.. Trust me its not as good but better than not doing it.. And it is NOWHERE near the cost of having that guy come in with the van.. No fucking way.. Think about it - the guy has overhead - a $50,000 van, insurance, taxes, etc. etc. I am renting a unit for $20 and adding $5 worth of solution. No fucking way can he clean my whole house for that. It helps to know what you are doing with the carpet cleaner. I can do it fairly quick, without a ton of effort and get it done as good as the rental will do anyways. I GUARANTEE I can do 100x better job than most of the hacks do with their vans with a rental unit. But sounds like your buddy has a great operation. Maybe I need to look into a once a year cleaning from him and then every month or so just keep up on it by using the rental - maybe that is a good compromise..