PDA

View Full Version : Any dynos in SE Michigan?

vortech302
10-09-2010, 11:24 PM
I went to DynoJet's site and pretty much all the dyno's are at HD dealers and I don't want to go through the full court press to sell my sport bike for a Harley right now, if they'd do my jap bike at all. You guys have anywhere you've been to that you'd recommend that doesn't cost $250 (Rosenau)?

Gas Man
10-10-2010, 01:58 AM
$250 is light actually.

There is a guy in Southgate... that has one in his garage... I MIGHT have his number at home. Otherwise I can ask my buddy at the HD dealer if he has it.

meinschaft
10-10-2010, 07:15 AM
I was just at TT Motorcycles last Friday. The owner, Bob Leppan, showed me his new, state-of-the-art dyno. IIRC, Bob said it's the same dyno the Ducati factory uses on the $72K Desmosedici. The dyno comes with its own sound-proof room, ventilation, etc. Pretty impressive.

You can get contact info here:

http://www.ttmducati.com/index.php

Bob
10-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Washtenaw Community College has a really sweet dyno setup. Not sure if they are open to the public but they might be. I'd give the shop teacher a call.

horrorbusiness
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Go to Dyno jets website and search by zipcode.

Bob
10-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Go to Dyno jets website and search by zipcode.

"I went to DynoJet's site and pretty much........."
:p

vortech302
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
$250 is light actually.

There is a guy in Southgate... that has one in his garage... I MIGHT have his number at home. Otherwise I can ask my buddy at the HD dealer if he has it.

A garage setup is more my speed. The $250 was with tuning and all that but I'm debating on selling it so that's a little steep. I might get some cylinder head work done this winter if I keep it and I'm really looking for a number and power band to compare for next year.

meinschaft I was just at TT Motorcycles last Friday.

That place is sweet, I didn't even know it existed

Bob
10-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Isn't TT the place that worked on Rosey Lackey's MV Augusta? I met that Rosey guy at Eyes on dEsign a few years ago and got an autograph.

Chris300s
10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I was just at TT Motorcycles last Friday.

TT is literally 1 mile from my house but I've never been there. I do lust after the 1098 they park out front....

Icemann
10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Theres a Ducatti Dealership just south of Hall Rd on Groesbeck. They have a dyno there. Not sure how close that is. I'll talk to Craig from Gibraltor Trade center. He has a guy that brings a dyno to the bike nights.

Gas Man
10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
A garage setup is more my speed. The $250 was with tuning and all that but I'm debating on selling it so that's a little steep. I might get some cylinder head work done this winter if I keep it and I'm really looking for a number and power band to compare for next year.

That place is sweet, I didn't even know it existed
Call John, aka Beezer, and talk to him. Not only can he do your head work but he knows of the guy that does it in his garage! I know he's a HD & BDM guy but he may be able to help. Great wrench!
http://beezerscycle.com/

Tell him I sent ya.