PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping up Riding season twenty-ten

horrorbusiness
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I was without a car most of the summer so Instead of my normal 3500 ish miles per year I rode ten thousand. Since my bike is ten years old this month the math was easy to do. I don't know about you guys but I got caught in the rain alot. The last couple of weeks the mornings have been very cold. Friday I got my buick fixed up and I got to drive in the freezing cold rain. I will miss the 45 miles per gallon that the bike gets over the who knows what the 92 buick roadmaster with a 350 TBI. I didn't get a chance to do alot of fun rides but what the hay, Me and the fat boy ain't spent this much time together since the summer of 2001. Knock on wood no close calls.
As I read this before I hit submit, I see I said "most of the summer" My Taurus was totaled in November, I got the buick on the road in October, so it was eleven months without a car. From Mid december to May I was doing 3 days a week of Psyical threapy for a detached Rotator cuff.
So lets hear you season wrap-ups, they don't have to be as long winded as mine. lol

Bob
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I road like a handful of times this year and wrapped up my riding season this week. I just pulled the carbs on my bike and found all 4 float bowls cracked and they can not be bought from the dealers any more. So I'm glad I now have all winter to find parts. LOL Hopefully this is the only thing I find wrong.

junkyardjon
10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
season ain't over just yet LOL. no clue how many miles i rode, don't have a speedo on either bike. from early spring till now the bikes have been the main ride. both are honda 71 cb750's and one i rode down to mississippi, think i spelled that right LOL. last few mornings been a real thick fog that soaks you pretty good and gotta wipe the visor every minute.

Bob
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
p.s. Any riding season that ends with you talking about it is a good one.

horrorbusiness
10-04-2010, 06:52 AM
October 2000 was a very warm month. I forget what day I picked it up but it was cold. Rode from Port Huron to Mt Clemens in my snowmobile helmet and jacket. Then it was in the mid 80's and I rode the poop out of the bike, Got the 500 break in miles. For some reason I'll never remember I took the bike in for the first service and it was darn near 90 all weekend. When I picked it up it was back to cold and dreary. I never left the bike at the dealer on the weekend again. The only trouble I have ever had with the darn thing is the nutral would come on in fifth gear, that was like that the day I picked the bike up. That was 35,000 miles ago. I know before spring 2011 I need too replace the tires now That I'm done riding daily I'm not afraid to mention my front tire is the one that came on the bike.

telecast
10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Too soon to wrap up. Have you seen this week's weather forecast?

I haven't ridden near as much as I wanted to, seemed like something was always in the way. Since I can't ride to work the bike did a lot of setting.

But next year....

Mudpuppy
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
my tire is bald as hell.. almost low sided in the rain.. guess i need to pack it up for the season.. not sure how many miles but definitely epic adventures.. not as much riding as i would have liked but can't complain.. 1 track day and it rained most of the day.. 2 trips to the gap - one on my bike and one on a rented bike.. all in all a good season.. still tons of video to edit..

sprink
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
not wrapping it up at all. Last winter I "stored" the bike a few times, but never went more than a couple weeks without riding it. about 7000 last year and 9000 this year. Went to Deal's Gap with a bunch of Sportsters. What a blast. Thumb Run, Lake Erie Run, Any Excuse to Run. Quite a year so far, and I have not given up yet.

dogbreath
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd ride all winter but my bike is broke. It's pretty depressing.

Gas Man
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I will close out the year with probably 10k for the season. Maybe one of my best riding seasons to date. Thanks in no small part to how amazing my 09 Ultra is. GD I luv that bike!

Last year I rode into December. The last day I rode I backed out of the garage, looked over to the car and saw it's windows all iced up. It was 28* outside.

We'll see how this year plays out.