PDA

View Full Version : School Bus Driver?

Mad Dog
10-01-2010, 09:10 PM
After 23 years in the trucking industry and too many back problems I figured it was time to find something a little easier on my body so I started driving a school bus Sept 7th. I was a little apprehensive at first cause in the past my freight never talked to me however over the last couple weeks I have really started to enjoy it. Early starts (5AM) but the day time goes by pretty fast. My boss asked me the other day how I liked it and I told him I was having a problem adjusting because I'm not used to working with people that are happy and actually want to be there.lol
In reality though it is taking some getting used to. When you put 70 elementary students on one bus only one word comes to mind.....CHAOS!
Anyway figured this would work since NASA didn't have any openings.

Trainguy
10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Good luck with that venture. 70 kids all in the same place:eek:

Bob
10-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the new gig Otto!
http://cdn.screenjunkies.com/www/sites/default/files/simpsons_otto.jpg

Mad Dog
10-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Well it's about time somebody started bustin my chops!lol
Thanks Bob!

telecast
10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Don't know how you do it. Driving the bus would be easy enough, but damn, all those kids? And 70? I thought school busses held 50-60, are they bigger these days?

Maybe I just rode the short bus...

Mad Dog
10-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Don't know how you do it. Driving the bus would be easy enough, but damn, all those kids? And 70? I thought school busses held 50-60, are they bigger these days?

Maybe I just rode the short bus...
Max capacity on the large bus is 3 to a seat for primary students for a total of 72. They are a little longer these days.
Next year we get roof racks!:D

junkyardjon
10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
your a brave man! theres no way i could do that job.

Mudpuppy
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Congrats on the new gig Otto!
http://cdn.screenjunkies.com/www/sites/default/files/simpsons_otto.jpg

Nice! lol..