PDA

View Full Version : "Early" Fall Run #1 Canton-Ann Arbor-South Lyon-Milford (9/19)

2isGR8r
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Well myself and a buddy of mine were looking to go for a nice ride (pending weather) on Sunday September 19th. We're also hoping to get another ride in early October.

We'll be starting out in Cherry Hill Village (Canton, Mi) and will take Ridge Rd south to Geddes. Then from Geddes heading west to Dixboro Rd. Then Dixboro Rd north to Pontiac Trail. Then north on Pontiac Trail through South Lyon all the way to Silver Lake Rd (New Hudson, Mi). Then jogging over on Silver Lake Rd east a little ways to Milford Rd. Finally taking Milford Rd north through down town Milford then heading west on West-Huron/General Motors Rd and finally riding around the Milford Proving Grounds.

If anyone is interested in riding with us you're more than welcome to. Also if there's anything on my route that looks like it wouldn't work out feel free to comment as well.

We don't have a set meeting time yet, but if anyone wants to join we can pick a time that would work best for everyone.

Mudpuppy
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I am interested but I have to get new tires bad.. really sucks because we still have 2 months of riding to go but i have no cash for tires..

2isGR8r
09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey no problem, We're planning on doing a similar run or maybe from Canton-Jackson the first or 2nd weekend of October. I'll post details on that one as well.

Mudpuppy
09-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah post it up.. I need to work on some new skins.. I'd like to get them now so I can break them in before the first track day in April.. the wife seems to think tires last forever.. I milked these ones as long as I could but the steel belt is showing through and I almost lost it in the rain the other day so I got to back it off a notch or 20..

SportstersPaul
09-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Would love to join you but am headed for North Carolina Friday, running Moonshine 28 etc. for a couple days then back on Monday. Maybe the October ride?

2isGR8r
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Would love to join you but am headed for North Carolina Friday, running Moonshine 28 etc. for a couple days then back on Monday. Maybe the October ride?

Yeah would love to meet you and have you join us! I'll definitely post the next ride we plan in Oct. Probably will be the first or 2nd weekend of the month most likely.