PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday October 18-

Berto
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Ok, this is better since it's less confusing than keeping the old thread.

Meeting time 12:00 noon (to try and keep it warm).

Meeting location TBD, but Northville sounds like a central point for all.

I have to peel off no later than 3pm as I need to be back home by 4pm...

Hope to see a bunch of you there... as it may be our last "official" ride of the season with the weather and all.

detdrbuzzard
10-16-2008, 09:12 AM
if the destination is chelsea and we are leaving from northville downs basically the same route gets us to chelsea only we would take m52 south insted of north but all the roads leading to m52 would* or could be the same.we need to be leaving* the parking lot about noon, it will take about an hour and a half to get there. and i'm still bringing my gps :D

Gas Man
10-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Can't... working all day... so screwed... plus I'm suppose to help the father in law move a metal lathe... its going to suck!

Berto
10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Bummer... can we get a head count?*

Plans for the weekend are solidifing and the wife is asking me to do things... just want to block out the ride time so I don't have to hear it later.

Berto
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, I'm out... I know I posted this, but the wife has a work event and she asked me to help.* Having done her job, I do not want to leave her hanging...* can you say "WHIPPPED"?

Ha ha... you all have fun on this ride and I'll wish for some nice weather before it gets too cold to get some more miles behind me.

meinschaft
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
This mean the ride is 'off'?*

bettyboop1w
10-17-2008, 02:24 PM
How about Sun?* Still good weather and are we riding or stopping off somewhere?

Berto
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
You all can get together without me... I won't be jealous... it looks like 4 people are in still for it.* If you move it to Sunday I can try and make that one.

bettyboop1w
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm ready for any weather. 8)

1katrider
10-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry,............Have to work :(.........Weather is going to be nice..........Ride Safe.

detdrbuzzard
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
it will be a little warmer sunday and tomorrow i have to go up in warren an see a friend

detdrbuzzard
10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
couldn't make the ride. went out this morning and found the wing laying up against the convertable. big dent in the left quarter panel and broke the mirror housing on the wing. mr boop came over to help me* get the bike off the car. got a new seat yesterday you know the ones with the built in back rest. well i took the old one off and put the new seat on but the bolts were too long so i took two bolts and a spacer with me to the hardware to get the right legnth bolts and came right back home. i put the grab handle on the left side and bolted it downand wento over to do the right but no handle. looked around and noticed a few things moved. so i guess while i was gone someone went in the yard moved the stuff and took the handle too, so i went on ebay and placed a $10 dollar bid on some but if i loose i'll have to order it from honda monday. am i bummed out yes i am and yes i still have to order mirrors

10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Any idea what caused the bike to fall over onto the car??

Gas Man
10-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah no shit... I was reading the post thinking... ok... ok... figuring something he did caused it to tip...

And somebody came into your yard?* Its in the yard?* And then stole some random parts?* WTF???

detdrbuzzard
10-19-2008, 09:57 AM
a friend came by while i was gone and took the seat handle. he returned it just after i posted this. as far as the bike falling over my best guess is the kickstand extension that the po put on it. the bike sits really streight up almost as sreight as being on the center stand and if the groung isn't level the bike will go over easy with just a light touch. while i had it on the center stand i took the extension off. guess i'll be ordering some chrome morrors over the winter

Gas Man
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Perhaps you should put a wedge between the mount and the frame.* It would change the geometry and make the bike lean over more... like this... I have one under my sidestand.* Hard to see here.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... ay7119.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Rebuild/Day7119.jpg)[/img]

Berto
10-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow... we are lame.. haha... well, if anyone was not a turd like me and rode, hope you had more fun then me this weekend.

detdrbuzzard
10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
i just took the extension off so the bike sits on the side stand like it should, anyone want a free sidestand extension ;D

Gas Man
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
It had an extension.. wow... yeah you don't want that.* A nice 25-30 degree lean is good.

bettyboop1w
10-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I rode Sat morning about 8:30 and it was a bit chilly.* Rode Sunday afternoon to get something to eat and had to get a jump I know its the battery.* Then the rod that holds my crash bars started to come out while I was riding, both bolts on each side are gone.