PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canton, Mi!

2isGR8r
09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and I just acquired my first bike at the beginning of this summer. I've been trying to get a bike for easily the last 5 years and finally this summer everything worked out for me to get one!

It's a 2008 Ninja 650R

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/kwincone/bike3.jpg

It's been a great beginner bike for me and I really enjoy riding it.

Anyways just a little about me. I'm 23yrs old and am a college Senior at U of M-Dearborn. I work as a personal assistant part time and I'm a car, and motorcycle enthusiast and enjoy mountain biking, kayaking and just being outdoors.

I'm also a member of xceedspeed so that's how I found out about this forum. ;)

Anyways just stopped in to say hi and look forward to talking with everyone on here! :D

aeryck
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice bike; the 650R is a good starter bike. I started off on the 250R and loved it although I outgrew it WAY too fast. I ride a ZX-6R now.

2isGR8r
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice bike; the 650R is a good starter bike. I started off on the 250R and loved it although I outgrew it WAY too fast. I ride a ZX-6R now.

Thanks! Yeah pretty much everyone that I knew that rode bikes told me to not bother with anything less than a 600cc even for a starter bike because I would be ready for a quicker bike in like a month after riding it. And yeah I plan on keeping it for at least a couple years then step up to a 1000.

Thruxtonbill
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Welcome, great starter bike, good choice.

Bob
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forums man. I really like the Ninja's. Nice ride for sure.

2isGR8r
09-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forums man. I really like the Ninja's. Nice ride for sure.

Thanks everyone! Bob I saw your latest pickup on Xceed! Love FZ1s!

Mudpuppy
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forum and nice bike. Aeryck and I are in Canton.. keep posted for some upcoming rides..

2isGR8r
09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forum and nice bike. Aeryck and I are in Canton.. keep posted for some upcoming rides..

Oh you guys are? Yeah I'm looking to meet more people that ride, and I would love to join in on any rides that you guys have going on.

I'm also planning on like a 2-3 hour ride From Canton-Ann Arbor-South Lyon-Milford and back, and would be more than happy to post the plans and get a date that you guys could make. Would most likely be a Sunday I'll put details in the ride section.

RedneckMedic
09-01-2010, 06:50 PM
hey used to go to dearborn now im next door at hank high. maybe ill see you around over there i go to the subway in the uc a lot.

2isGR8r
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM
hey used to go to dearborn now im next door at hank high. maybe ill see you around over there i go to the subway in the uc a lot.

Oh really? Yeah if you see my bike, and a rider with a black and white full face helmet that's me. To my knowledge I'm the only one that rides a 650R on campus but there's quite a few people that ride to U of M-D there.

Bob
09-01-2010, 09:15 PM
p.s. Sorry to hear you are U of M - Dearborn. I did two years there and could not understand 80% of my professors. I hated every second of that place. LOL

2isGR8r
09-02-2010, 12:56 AM
p.s. Sorry to hear you are U of M - Dearborn. I did two years there and could not understand 80% of my professors. I hated every second of that place. LOL

Which program were you in? Or what was your intended major at the time that you went? I've been pretty fortunate being a business student that most of my professors with the exception of just a few were all pretty much American or if they weren't spoke excellent English. And again I've had a couple professors that were hard to understand especially in the College of Arts and Liberal sciences (mathematics was one of them). But trust me you're not the first person I've heard that from.

For the price, and "U of M" degree that I'm hoping to receive in two semesters the quality of education that I've received I've been satisfied with. However there's a lot of "politics" especially in education and as a result, it's literally delayed my date of graduation by over a year. Which is also all done to squeeze every penny out of the students. All the while tuition rates increase every semester. And then with my major (IT Management or formerly known as MIS) towards the end of your last major classes they'll only offer certain classes once a year. So if for some reason you can't take that class, then you have to wait until the next year to take it. And God help you if it's a pre-requisite to another class that you need... :rolleyes:

Go figure that in my last year they have just now started offering those classes multiple semesters and not just once a year, but that really screwed me over. Which is unfortunately a downside to attending a smaller university.

But enough of my ranting, I can't wait to graduate and be done with my Bachelors. Then I'm taking a nice break before going back for my Masters....

Mudpuppy
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh you guys are? Yeah I'm looking to meet more people that ride, and I would love to join in on any rides that you guys have going on.

I'm also planning on like a 2-3 hour ride From Canton-Ann Arbor-South Lyon-Milford and back, and would be more than happy to post the plans and get a date that you guys could make. Would most likely be a Sunday I'll put details in the ride section.

yeah actually he lives across the street from me..

definitely let us know when you are thinking about and the route.. i'm sure if we are available we would ride along with a few others.. we can make route suggestions as well.. route planning is best done over a few beers is what i found..

2isGR8r
09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Amen to that! Yeah I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

Mudpuppy
09-02-2010, 05:30 PM
i actually just made a new batch of homebrew so it will be ready very soon.. going to "test" out a couple over the weekend..

Chris300s
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
i actually just made a new batch of homebrew so it will be ready very soon.. going to "test" out a couple over the weekend..
+1 on Homebrewing. got 10 gallon's of 2-Hearted in the basement that I need to keg.

Bob
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I went for Mechanical Engineering. I ended up dropping out of U of M and went to HFCC for Architecture and Construction. I loved HFCC. Lot smaller classes and the instructors where very helpful and cool to work with.

I think most of the Engineering program at UofM sucks. We had a part timer going to U of M Dearborn for business and he does not have the same experiences I had.

2isGR8r
09-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I went for Mechanical Engineering. I ended up dropping out of U of M and went to HFCC for Architecture and Construction. I loved HFCC. Lot smaller classes and the instructors where very helpful and cool to work with.

I think most of the Engineering program at UofM sucks. We had a part timer going to U of M Dearborn for business and he does not have the same experiences I had.

Ahh yeah I hear you. Yup, majority of professors that I took that I had a hard time understanding were all in departments that were on main campus.

I'm happy HFCC worked out for you! :) Yeah I have a very good friend that is a year older than me and he went to HFCC for engineering and just got his associates, but landed a local job with a auto supplier like two months after graduating. Here I am 3 yrs later in my last yr at U of M-D and haven't gotten a job yet in the field I want to go into. I know it will come though.

But I'm actually planning on going to HFCC the semester after I graduate from U of M-D to take some classes to get myself some CISCO certifications (CCNA, CCNP(W)) and some MS certifications (MCSE)

Go figure right? lol

Mudpuppy
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
What is HFCC? Harbor Freight Community College? Is that like McDonald's University?

2isGR8r
09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
What is HFCC? Harbor Freight Community College? Is that like McDonald's University?

Henry Ford Community College... sorry for using just the acronym.

It's right in Dearborn Mi, off of Evergreen & Ford Rd. Very good community college. They are known to have one of the best nursing programs in the state. Their engineering program is also top notch, among many others.

Gas Man
09-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Good ole Hank High

Mudpuppy
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Henry Ford Community College... sorry for using just the acronym.

It's right in Dearborn Mi, off of Evergreen & Ford Rd. Very good community college. They are known to have one of the best nursing programs in the state. Their engineering program is also top notch, among many others.

you say it and now it makes sense..