PDA

View Full Version : I hate car dealer service departments

telecast
08-30-2010, 04:10 PM
They rip you off and smile the whole time.

Today the pressure sensor on my right front tire went to shit. Just another little convenience the manufacturers add that costs money. If I had my way none of that crap would be on my vehicles.

I called the dealer, $247 to replace it. Belle Tire, $50.

Went to Belle, it works just fine. I gotta wonder if the guy quoted me for a whole set of four? I'm used to the dealer being a little higher, but 5 times as much?

Bob
08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
They rip you off and smile the whole time.

Today the pressure sensor on my right front tire went to shit. Just another little convenience the manufacturers add that costs money. If I had my way none of that crap would be on my vehicles.

I called the dealer, $247 to replace it. Belle Tire, $50.

Went to Belle, it works just fine. I gotta wonder if the guy quoted me for a whole set of four? I'm used to the dealer being a little higher, but 5 times as much?

Those tire sensors just became government required on all vehicles too.

alhall88
08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I just bought a new Dodge Ram few months back and put on some aftermarket rims and tires with all new tire pressure sensors and I paid $172.00 for all 4 new ones from discount tire, so I hope that was a quote for all 4.

Bob
08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Can you just run without them and deal with an idiot light on?

Gas Man
08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Word of warning guys...

If the car came with aluminum valve caps... DO NOT

I REPEAT

DO NOT put on any steel caps on!!! They can corrode and basically weld themselves on. DO NOT!

TRUST ME!! Please don't ask why... it still hurts...

Mudpuppy
08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
what sucks with the TPS is that you can use those balancing beads right?

Rider
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Can you just run without them and deal with an idiot light on?

Of course. There is no interlock that prevents you from driving with low tire pressure. It's just an advisory.

telecast
08-31-2010, 01:40 PM
And a pain in the ass. It bugs me to have the idiot light showing. For $50 I can deal with fixing it. For $250 I can deal with the light....