PDA

View Full Version : Re: Man it's good to be here. Still.

10-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Almost got creamed off the planet last night, spent a few hours just sitting being knock kneed and crashing down off of the adrenalin rush...* :-\

As I was riding home, I was entering my left turn lane, to make my left turn, when the little voice in my head told me to stay to the right/inside section of my lane.

Just as I began to make that happen, some fine example of the younger generation came blasting thru the intersection from his left turn in the left lane off to to my right, from the cross street.

When he did this he cut the whole corner way to shallow and came into my left turn lane dead straight into my path. I could see the whole thing in my head too; our head-on collision and and me sailing over the top of his car, and hopefully surviving everything after that.* :o

I couldn't veer to my right because there was traffic there, so I'd have just crashed into somebody else. So I stopped my bike dead, thru my right leg way out and lean the whole thing way over until my peg was just about on the ground. Fortunately asshead boy also swerved to his right and he missed me by a solid foot I think.* ::)

So I had the shit scared out of me, wanted to chase him down and beat him but I know better, twisted my knee a bit, and it's a little swollen but all is well now more or less, more shaken than anything I guess.

And like I said, I'm glad to be here. Still. Live to ride another day.* ;)

You have to admit, that sometimes it would be real nice to be able to catch up with some of these drivers and put a beating on them. I bet if somebody did it once, they'd keep an eye for bikers then.* >:(*

Gas Man
10-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Been there man... sucks but sure puts you on your toes and reminds you of the dangers we face everyday.* Personally I would have probably gave chase and gave him a few extra holes to enhance his breathing condition.*

Glad you're ok!

detdrbuzzard
10-15-2008, 06:45 AM
glad you are alright man, watching out for cagers is priority one for any biker. i'm not sure i would have chased him down cause fussing at him would probally get me even more pissed than if i just let him go his way

Berto
10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Glad to see you are ok. That is the most important thing.

Sad to say that this happens very often. Good you had the experience to react in a manner that helped you.*

As for chasing him, I don't know if it would have made a difference.* Probably scare the kid a bit.* Stay sharp out there everyone, two fatalities this week already that I've heard of.

meinschaft
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Doug,

* Glad it was a 'near miss'.* Everyone blowing through lights & intersections makes it soooo crazy dangerous.* Just can't be too careful.* Gotta ride like everyone is out to kill you.* Red lights don't mean what they used to......

bettyboop1w
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Glad your alright.

I went out Sunday afternoon and came in around 7:30 - 8 and heard that three crotch rockets got hit just a ways passed me going to telegraph.*

Riding alone sometimes worries me but like we say we have to watch out more.*

Bob
10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Glad you are alright man!