PDA

View Full Version : Royal Joke bike night tonight

apex factor
08-25-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm going with a couple buddies to the RO bike night tonight if anyone wants to join. I'll be leaving from Rochester around 6:30-7, heading to ferndale then to RO.

-Matt

Thruxtonbill
08-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I thought bike night in RO was Thurs night.

apex factor
08-25-2010, 07:15 PM
It is for the crotch rockets. Or so my friends say...

My one friend/co-worker I'm going with rides a bonneville

Bob
08-25-2010, 07:29 PM
i've always thought w
Wednesday for cruisers and Thursday's for sportbikes.

apex factor
08-25-2010, 11:51 PM
i've always thought w

yup that's what i've heard.

there were 3 triumphs there. couple cool cafe racers, a few rockets, a bunch of cruisers, some customs, etc.

Gas Man
08-27-2010, 08:47 AM
i've always thought w
That is what it is. I've been to both but really RO bike night died many many years ago.

aeryck
08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Thursday nights in royal joke are pretty much a squidfest. I went a couple times two years ago and never went back. Just a bunch of people that were either lacking any gear whatsoever and riding like complete douchebags, or people with full race leathers trying to look cool with the knee pucks that were obviously sanded down with a belt sander. (Pro tip, if you're going to sand your pucks down to make them look used, make sure the "grain" of the sanding actually goes in the right direction.)

Thruxtonbill
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I was there last night, first time since 07 and yes it was very squidly with lots of LED lighting:rolleyes: and extended swingarms but also alot of cool ducs and MVs. I spied a big displacement 70s suk 2 stroke and a killer first gen vmax. Other then that it was tons of gixr6cbrs (yawn), I"ll be back, prolly in 2013.

Mudpuppy
08-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Thursday nights in royal joke are pretty much a squidfest. I went a couple times two years ago and never went back. Just a bunch of people that were either lacking any gear whatsoever and riding like complete douchebags, or people with full race leathers trying to look cool with the knee pucks that were obviously sanded down with a belt sander. (Pro tip, if you're going to sand your pucks down to make them look used, make sure the "grain" of the sanding actually goes in the right direction.)

i call BULLSHIT!

you go there every week and you love it! i saw you out there in the garage grinding those pucks with a belt sander.. admit it - comet burger is your hangout!

:D