PDA

View Full Version : Jobs on the horizon?

Gas Man
08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
My brother needs to get a job. Anybody have anything decent or heard of anything decent??

Thruxtonbill
08-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Or he could get a sugar momma, like me MWAHAHA...............suckers.

Gas Man
08-25-2010, 09:34 AM
True... got any in mind?

meinschaft
08-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Or he could get a sugar momma, like me MWAHAHA...............suckers.

That make you a bastage?

RedneckMedic
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
i'm right there with him ive applied to about 15 companies in the past month and a half and have only heard back from one and that was to say they weren't hiring at the time and that was only after a followup email.

what kind of work is he looking to do ill keep my eyes open if anything interesting pops up

Rider
08-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Chris, what does he do? We are hiring about 300 engineers right now. Yeah I said 300!

Bob
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Good luck man!

alhall88
08-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Chris they are starting to hire at my engine plant, need 8 years experience in manufacturing, or a journeymans card, or an associates degree in applied science minimum.

Gas Man
08-27-2010, 07:24 AM
i'm right there with him ive applied to about 15 companies in the past month and a half and have only heard back from one and that was to say they weren't hiring at the time and that was only after a followup email.

what kind of work is he looking to do ill keep my eyes open if anything interesting pops up

He thinks he wants to get into cooking. He's planning on going back to school for culinary arts.

Chris, what does he do? We are hiring about 300 engineers right now. Yeah I said 300!

I wish, but he's no engineer.

Chris they are starting to hire at my engine plant, need 8 years experience in manufacturing, or a journeymans card, or an associates degree in applied science minimum.

Thanks Al, but he definately don't have that either. Amazing what they require now isn't it.

alhall88
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I know, you have to have an associates degree in applied science at a minimum in our plant just to work on the assembly line.

zamochit
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Shit, I have a BA and can't get shit outside a paint shop. I wish your brother luck out there, Chris.

Bob
08-27-2010, 11:05 PM
A guy I work with JUST graduated college and got a job within a month making really good money. I think the place is called Tram in Plymouth.

horrorbusiness
08-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I looked for over a year, I'm working at a shitty job for $hitty money. It beats unenjoyment.

Gas Man
08-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I looked for over a year, I'm working at a shitty job for $hitty money. It beats unenjoyment.
Where at? Hiring?

I hear ya guys... it's a ruff and weird job market out there.

RedneckMedic
08-28-2010, 08:04 PM
ya apparently there are a ton of jobs out there in the medical field but havent been called for one. HR departments are going to get sick of hearing from me soon. its always the same bs we are not hiring at this time but will keep your app on file for the next hiring.

Im going to school for nursing but i bet by the time im done in 2 years there wont be any nursing jobs left. so thats why im getting my paramedic license as well so maybe ill have a chance and starting a life soon. I am thankful I have a job even though i hate it 9 bones an hour isn't cutting it anymore.

Gas Man
08-29-2010, 01:56 PM
I hear ya Rugby... that is ruff for sure. I remember those days... really makes me thank full for what I have. Granted I worked my ass off for this and all that I have, by the grace of God no doubt. My wife and I always try to remind each other that we're thankfull for it all.

We try to help out others aong the way... had my bro living with us for 2.5 yrs when we first moved down here.. then just recently my wife's sister, BIL, their 2yr old (my niece) and their 2 dogs... for 9-10months.

We are now tennant free and loving it... well mom will be staying with us for a month before she heads south to Florida for the winter..