PDA

View Full Version : You Are Kidding Me

Mad Dog
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Got this in an email today. Someone please tell me this is fake!!!!!:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yT48wiRue4

telecast
08-23-2010, 04:17 PM
HA! I heard about that a while back, either on the Daly Show or the Colbert Report.

Here's an unfortunate truth about politicians, and it holds water from an assemblyman of the smallest burg all the way up the president of the United States. And yes, this is mine, and yes, you can quote me:

"Just because someone holds office doesn't make them qualified. The fact is they hold office ONLY because they were the most popular motherfucker on election day."
telecast

I realized that while working as a public works director for a couple of cities. I was in a position to meet with senators, members of congress, mayors, council people, etc. etc. In reality I was meeting with housewives and the guy next door. Zero qualifications, but popular.

Thruxtonbill
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=telecast;17638]

"Just because someone holds office doesn't make them qualified. The fact is they hold office ONLY because they were the most popular motherfucker on election day."
telecast

QUOTE]
Yepper, Hanks district in Ga is black, he was the black candidate, so he got elected.
I'm convinced if kwame got out of jail and ran for office in the D, he would win.

Mudpuppy
08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
pretty sweet quoting yourself there.. lol..

and holy shit is that clip so fucking funny.. our failed system at work..

one way, only way for the future - real change, no bullshit: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

and we feed these worthless motherfuckers to the sharks..

Gas Man
08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
HOnestly I'm ok with the lack of qualifications, do you really want a career politician or an average joe that is in tune with the people?

Mudpuppy
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
i want no politicians, period..

telecast
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
HOnestly I'm ok with the lack of qualifications, do you really want a career politician or an average joe that is in tune with the people?

That's one viewpoint. On the other, try running a $3,000,000.00/year public works operation at the whim of a group of elected housewifes.

Oh yeah, and they ALL run with a private agenda, politician or not. Sometimes it's as simple as someone not getting a reserved parking spot in front of their store on Main St. Not kidding, that happened.

They won, they got in, they tried to get their parking spot, and they got the SAME RESPONSE. Then they were just pissed off for the next 4 years.

Dumbasses.

Gas Man
08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Broken system... plain and simple