PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 8/26 - Mt. Clemens, Southfield, Waterford, ??

Chris300s
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Boomer's bike night. We had a good time a couple of weeks ago.
I'm heading out of Mount Clemens to Southfield after work. Southfield out to Waterford (avoiding Telegraph) with my Dad, brother and couple of other guys.

I'm "working from home" Thursday, so if anyone wants to ride in the afternoon I'm in.

Chris

Gas Man
08-23-2010, 09:16 AM
domestic responsibility

That's what holds me back. I have to pick up new furniture for the living room that day. Yea for lifting!

horrorbusiness
08-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I won't be able to ride but I Think I can come hang out.

apex factor
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
How many bikes showed up at boomers? Was it mostly harleys? Me and a couple buddies are planning to go sometime but our schedules keep conflicting.

Chris300s
08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
How many bikes showed up at boomers? Was it mostly harleys? Me and a couple buddies are planning to go sometime but our schedules keep conflicting.
It varies quite a bit, as does the mix. I saw a lot of cruisers both metric and HD last time. They have best bike contests, ABC Harley has some give aways.... seemed like a good time although we didn't stick around real long because we wanted to meet up with Paul and the guys to see them off (Lighthouse tour).
My goal is just to get my bro out for a ride and some pops. If it starts to suck we'll take off for Kennedy's or someplace else. You're welcome to meet up with us at anypoint.

Chris

apex factor
08-25-2010, 05:51 PM
It varies quite a bit, as does the mix. I saw a lot of cruisers both metric and HD last time. They have best bike contests, ABC Harley has some give aways.... seemed like a good time although we didn't stick around real long because we wanted to meet up with Paul and the guys to see them off (Lighthouse tour).
My goal is just to get my bro out for a ride and some pops. If it starts to suck we'll take off for Kennedy's or someplace else. You're welcome to meet up with us at anypoint.

Chris

Hey Chris,
thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that. But I have to work tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to join until 5pm. Looks like a few buddies of mine might head out there too, so I might role with them.
-Matt

Chris300s
08-25-2010, 06:18 PM
No problem. If we get going early enough we may make a couple of stops around town first (maybe Ferndale or Wixom) and then head over around 6. Give me a call if you want to try to meet up before hand (two four eight 6.1.3.3.8.4.5). If not I'll be the guy with the unicorn t-shirt on (just kidding, I'll be with two fat guys that look similar to me).

Chris

Chris

apex factor
08-25-2010, 10:55 PM
No problem. If we get going early enough we may make a couple of stops around town first (maybe Ferndale or Wixom) and then head over around 6. Give me a call if you want to try to meet up before hand (two four eight 6.1.3.3.8.4.5). If not I'll be the guy with the unicorn t-shirt on (just kidding, I'll be with two fat guys that look similar to me).

Chris

Chris

Sounds good. Looks like at current stand-point me and a couple buddies are planning on meeting around 6ish some where near 75/59. If we end up not meeting up I'll still give you a call at the place, maybe we can meet up there. I'm an asian dude with a mr. t style mohawk riding a bobbed vstar.

-Matt

Chris300s
08-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm heading out now. Meeting in Southfield, over to the Yacht Club (Livonia?) for lunch, Stingers and then Boomers around 6:30? My number's in post #7 if anyone wants to join up.
My unicorn T is in the wash so I'm wearing a white Cowboy (Autin, TX) shirt.

Chris

Chris300s
08-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey Matt, it was good to meet up with you guys last night. Next time we'll try to get there before bedtime.
BTW - That V-Star is sick.

apex factor
08-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey Matt, it was good to meet up with you guys last night. Next time we'll try to get there before bedtime.
BTW - That V-Star is sick.

Hey Chris,
yeah it was good to finally meet up with someone on the boards. I would have stayed longer but everyone needed to get home early-ish. Like your HD too!

Bob
08-27-2010, 08:30 PM
How was it?

How are the cops out there?

Where exactly is Bike Night? Is it just along Main or off a side street?

apex factor
08-28-2010, 08:35 AM
How was it?

How are the cops out there?

Where exactly is Bike Night? Is it just along Main or off a side street?

I thought it was good, I was told by the waitress that this was a slow night. I would guess about 200 or more bikes showed/came and went. It is at Boomer's roadhouse. The food was good and the beer was cold. They had door prizes, raffles, trophies and crap. Actually one of the people I rode out there with won a prize. There was one cop there but he seemed cool. People were doing burnouts and hole shots. Saw a guy stunting on the street a bit. It is right off of M59/Highland rd. in boomer's parking lot. I will definitely check it out again.

here are a few pics:

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750

here's boomer's website (it's a horrible design):

http://www.boomersroadhouse.com/