PDA

View Full Version : hardcore pawn

RedneckMedic
08-22-2010, 08:40 PM
i know a lot of you guys like pawn stars and to day i saw tru tv is coming out with a new series called hardcore pawn. it starts monday and here is a little article i found on it. the previews made it look good and they seemed really straight up with people and not as annoying as the people from pawn stars.

DETROIT - In the world of cash money, gold jewelry and high end minks, they are a Detroit landmark. At Eight Mile and Greenfield, American Jewelry and Loan brings in a wide range of people willing to sell, pawn and even pole dance their way to some scratch.

Now the focus of a nationally televised series called "Hardcore Pawn" that premieres next week, the Gold family name is growing.

Inside his office that is inside of a vault, we got the low down from the boss.

"We deal with a thousand people a day. You're going to see real transactions with real people. Nothing is made up," said owner Les Gold.

"We're a unique, family run business that is in an urban setting, and we're a pawn shop, as well," said Seth Gold.

So, what makes this show unique? You could say it is the real people who come in the door and owner Les Gold. (Yes, that is his real name). He runs the store with his son, Seth, and daughter, Ashley. The business goes back for four generations.

"You name it, from a championship ring to live animals, we see it all," Les Gold said. "We're a place that provides instant credit. Right now, banks aren't giving loans, and it's really difficult to obtain credit, so where do people go? They go to the pawn shop."

In some cases for a lot of money.

The show premiers next Monday on Tru TV.

RedneckMedic
08-22-2010, 08:41 PM
well aparentyly it already started my bad next episode tmr night im going to check it out

junkyardjon
08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
i watched it and i'll never get that 15 minutes back.

Bob
08-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I did not watch it but I heard it sucked bad.

Gas Man
08-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok... so it sucks... check.

telecast
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Watched two episodes last night. It doesn't suck but it also isn't very good. Complete polar opposite from Pawn Stars, but they probably did that on purpose knowing they'd be compared.

Pawn Stars is glitzy, clean, and gets very cool stuff in the door. They get gold bars from shipwrecks and pennies made by Paul Revere. Hardcore Pawn is crummy, dirty, and gets in used underwear and stupid puppets made by some guy who lives in his mother's basement.

In Pawn Stars you tend to like the main characters. Not so much in Hardcore Pawn. I couldn't stand listening to the daughter Ashley after about 5 minutes. She likes to hear herself talk. A lot.

They play up the Detroit angle. Showing bad neighborhoods with burned out buildings. They talk about it a lot too. The two episodes each featured about 5 minutes on how the store provides self defense training for the employees. The first one was practical knowledge in the store, fending off attacks, taking a gun from someone. The second one was about 6 or 8 of them at a gun range learning to handle a handgun.

Is it worth watching? I don't know. Maybe if the characters evolve or if they get something interesting in the door. Fortunately it's on opposite Pawn Stars, so for me it's a no-brainer.

Rider
08-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Haven't seen it.

RedneckMedic
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
ya watched pawn stars instead last night after riding but i missed pickers so i was upset.

telecast
08-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Both Pawn Stars were reruns, that's why I watched the other. Pickers was a rerun too.

RedneckMedic
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
i was just talking to my buddy while i was working out and we want to go up there and try and sell stupid shit.

junkyardjon
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
i was just talking to my buddy while i was working out and we want to go up there and try and sell stupid shit.
that role has been filled

redrider
08-25-2010, 12:31 AM
it's not as real as you would think
For those of you who aren't already aware, "Hardcore Pawn" premieres Monday, August 16th at 10:30pm on truTV (check out the Detroit Free Press article in the link below). Please set those DVR's and tune in!

To refresh your memory, "Hardcore Pawn" is a truTV, RDF Media (the producers of "Wife Swap") reality show revolving around one of the country's largest pawn shops, the family owned and run American Jewelry & Loan located in Detroit on Greenfield Rd just south of 8 Mile Rd. The show documents the thousands of people and their possessions as they enter the pawn shop looking to make a deal. The pawn shop personell not only buy and sell jewelry, electronics, and furs they've also been known to take in cars, alligators, antiques, furniture, appliances, helicopters, houses, stuffed game and everything in between.

With that being said, we are now preparing to shoot season 2 of the show beginning in the first week of August. We are once again looking for people who are in the market to sell or pawn their items on camera! And remember, it doesn't matter how large or how small the items are or how ordinary or how outrageous, WE WANT TO GET YOU ON CAMERA!! So please feel free to contact me if you're interested in coming on the show so I can interview you and PLEASE forward this information to all of your friends and family.

AND REMEMBER - THESE ARE REAL TRANSACTIONS. I NOR MY PRODUCTION TEAM CAN GUARANTEE YOU'LL GET YOUR ASKING PRICE FOR WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE SELLING OR PAWNING. WE'RE JUST THERE FILMING YOU. WE ENCOURAGE YOU HOWEVER, TO STAND YOUR GROUND AND NEGOTIATE FOR WHAT YOU WANT.
For those of you who aren't already aware, "Hardcore Pawn" premieres Monday, August 16th at 10:30pm on truTV (check out the Detroit Free Press article in the link below). Please set those DVR's and tune in!

RedneckMedic
08-25-2010, 12:47 AM
i hear an echo in here

telecast
08-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I guess he really means it

redrider
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
whats funny is i looked at both pages 2 or 5 times tryin to find the other post and never seen it .
not sure how that happin but i fixed it lol

junkyardjon
08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
i'm already internet famous, what more do i need?

Bob
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
We need our own reality TV show.