PDA

View Full Version : If you go to Woodward...

Bob
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
The popo are nuts this year. It's been about 6-7 years since I've gone to the cruise but we where up there last night and the cops in one city where nuts. Not sure what city it was because all of the cop cars where unmarked, but they where pulling people over left and right and impounding a ton. It seemed that had one tow truck lined up for every cop car too. Just be warned if anyone is heading out.

horrorbusiness
08-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Royal Joke cops are good at being *ick$

Bob
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Royal Joke cops are good at being *ick$

I was pretty sure it was RO cops but was not sure where their border was. The majority was between like 12 mile and 696. I just looked at the map and it does look like RO. In the median they had a line of cop cars, one was a stock look new Camaro by the way, and just as many tow trucks lined up next to them. I really would not be surprised if they where impounding for minro violations too. I was glad I left the bike at home because I'm positive I would of gotten it for loud pipes, illegal plate and whatever else is not legal on the bike.

horrorbusiness
08-20-2010, 11:28 PM
I was just 13.5 and woodword, my bro-in-law is a saginaw Twp po-po and he knows a few of the RO cops. They stopped by to shoot the shit with him and they are checking alot of people for open In-tox. I'm not suprised they are doing all this, best wat to avoid cut backs is to generate alot or revinue.

Bob
08-20-2010, 11:31 PM
I was just 13.5 and woodword, my bro-in-law is a saginaw Twp po-po and he knows a few of the RO cops. They stopped by to shoot the shit with him and they are checking alot of people for open In-tox. I'm not suprised they are doing all this, best wat to avoid cut backs is to generate alot or revinue.

We did see a lot stopping people on the sidelines too not that you mention it.

Gas Man
08-21-2010, 06:57 PM
FTP and I gots family in it. It's stupid. Any large venue ANY where is going to have this problem. I heard from many that Sturgis was ignorant with cops. Then others said they didn't have any problems. Port Dover Canada Friday Aug 13th party was ignorant this year per a few buddies.

I'm glad my bike is completely legal. My car... um... illegal window tint is about it. Good luck proving my HIDs on either aren't legal.

When I lived in RO, I kept my ass away from the cruise or left town.

Bob
08-21-2010, 08:47 PM
FTP are good words to live by.

Gas Man
08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Not for me with family that are cops.

Mudpuppy
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I was down there Friday night and yeah there was a ton of cops and people and cars for sure.. it was pretty crazy.. i got a few pics once I get through them i will post some up..