PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Exlposion! It's what's for dinner....

telecast
08-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Because I'm trying to get my cholesterol up over 300, we're gonna' give this a shot today.

Actually, my kid found it on the 'net and has been bugging me to make it. Remember: Everything is better with bacon!

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-11.jpg

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

aeryck
08-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Christ, I think my cholesterol just went up 20 points looking at that thing.

Gas Man
08-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Christ, I think my cholesterol just went up 20 points looking at that thing.
Mine too and I like it! Bring me some now! YUM YUM YUM

telecast
08-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Well, it wasn't all that. If you grilled some Italian sausage, wrapped it in bacon, and dipped it in BBQ sauce, you'd pretty much have the flavor. For all the trouble to make and the 4.5 hours it was on the grill it wasn't worth it. It was good, we just expected something more.

Rider
08-16-2010, 08:32 AM
My wife made one of those for a Superbowl party. It was damn good.

telecast
08-16-2010, 11:10 AM
It was good, but not what we expected. Certainly not a 'bacon explosion', more like a sausage medley....

How'd she cook it in the winter, an oven? We used an indirect heat barbeque, about 4 lbs. of hickory and the rest coals. Took a long time, but a good smoke flavor.

We made two and have one left. I think tonight we'll slice it and toss it on the grill to brown the ends and serve on hamburger buns.

Rider
08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
She just baked it in the oven. It didn't have to smoke flavor but it was still good. My neighbor buddy has a Primo Jr Smoker that I will have to borrow when we cook another one of those.

Gas Man
08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
That sucks for all the efforts... but hey, at least now you have something to talk about at your next doctors visit. :D

Chris300s
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Need more bad ideas? (http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/)

telecast
08-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Some of that shit looks disgusting.

Last night I sliced the log to about 3/4" thick and tossed them on the grill. After a bit of searing and BBQ sauce the taste improved dramatically. Still, I doubt I'll ever make it again.

It really isn't all that unhealthy. Ok, it is, but not as bad as it sounds. For one thing, there ain't much grease left after 4+ hours over indirect heat. It filled up a couple of tin cans on the grease catcher. It's about the same thing as a pancake supper, sausage and bacon.

Look at it this way, if you were on the Atkins diet it'd be a mid-day snack!

Mudpuppy
08-18-2010, 11:26 AM
awesome

Dirty
12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Next week is our holiday potluck here at work and a buddy planned on buying one from the website premade and bringing it in. Well he actually ended up buying one and a half and surprised us today with a half explosion so that we could do a trial run (since he was heating it in a toaster oven). Todays was a jalapeno version...f'in awesome!

SportstersPaul
12-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Tim: Sounds like something some of us could have ridden down for a sample taste. I especially like the slices w/ sauce on buns.