PDA

View Full Version : tattoo artist

RedneckMedic
08-15-2010, 12:05 AM
me and a buddy are looking for a good tattoo artist he is looking for one that is good with portraits and i am looking for a good black and white its going to be my first so i want someone i can trust. the guy i planned on doing it i cant get ahold of him and now i need to find someone who's work i like enough to trust giving me my first one. im very picking and that is probably why i keep putting it off especially since i have no drawing skills what so ever i can only talk out what i want and then im going to let him/her get creative if they want.

horrorbusiness
08-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Tom Renshaw, He works out of Eternal Tattoo. He's a bad ass portriat and black and white artist. He may very booked and 400 bucks an hour.

telecast
08-15-2010, 08:14 AM
He may very booked and 400 bucks an hour.

Huh?

Rug, you're probably going to get as many opinions as you do posts. If you get two of the same, go for it!

horrorbusiness
08-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Huh?

Rug, you're probably going to get as many opinions as you do posts. If you get two of the same, go for it!

He is a very well known artist, he may charge up to 400 per hour. I'll just leave this here for the Thread starter.
http://www.tomrenshaw.com/index2.html

Tom is currently located at:
Eternal Tattoos
1004 W. 14 Mile Rd.
Clawson, MI 48017
Click here to view map!

Hoarsnest
08-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Matt Hockaday - Dixie Tattoo on Dixie Hwy in Waterford. Check out some of his work at www.creativestains.com

Amazing artist with anything you can throw at him.

Bob
08-15-2010, 07:31 PM
The trade center? hahaha

I've seen some good ones from Sacred Art in Flat Rock on Telegraph.

RedneckMedic
08-15-2010, 10:40 PM
ya i want something good but im still a student so dont think i can afford 400 and hour because im sure it will take more than one session. the guy that was going to do it used to own baby dolls in taylor but i havent been able to get ahold of him. i heard a few rumors about some things and also have heard he opened a new shop in lincoln park called body modifications but havent been able to find it and when i call i always get voicemail but never get a call returned. he does great work and is reasonable but the customer service hasnt impressed me so im looking for someone else. i have heard sacred art does good work and i know a lot of people are going to have different opinions but im pickier than shit which is why i keep putting it off. im going to sit down with a couple of different guys and see what they come up with and ill let you guys know.

Bob
08-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Ever see the movie "House Guest"? If so I hope whoever you find is better than the guy in that movie. LOL

I've thought about a tattoo on and off again for some time now. I doubt I'd ever get one. I have a hard enough time finding a paint guy I trust enough to paint my vehicles, I can't imagine trusting someone enough to ink my arm. haha

horrorbusiness
08-16-2010, 07:56 AM
I really don't know if Renshaw charges 400 an hour, He's one of the names you hear other Artist talk about.
I live near Dixie Tattoo and I have seen Matt Hockaday's work in photos and his color stuff looks good.

RoadZombie
08-16-2010, 11:41 PM
My guy is Johnny Detroit out of Cherokee Creek in Garden City. All I have is black and white and I'm happy with his work. Not sure how he is with portraits though.

RedneckMedic
08-17-2010, 12:27 AM
well tmr me and the guy from work are going to hang out and practice shooting the bows (deer season is 44 days away) and then we are going to check some guy named chico or chinco or something like that out in allen park.

Mudpuppy
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
are you target shooting on a range or your house?

RedneckMedic
08-18-2010, 05:04 PM
buddys house we were going to go to the range but he had to go watch his nephews

Mudpuppy
08-19-2010, 10:04 AM
not sure where you are at but do you know any good ranges around the area and where? i ended up going like south west of willow run airport last year.. i am looking for a range a little closer to the canton area..

RedneckMedic
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
well down here i think there is adams archery and also wolverine i know wolvering is on telegraph in brownstown and im not sure about adams but ill find out

Mad Dog
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/TrailerTrashTat.jpg

Chris300s
08-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Latricia opened My Little Needle in Plymouth adjacent to JR Cycle Works. I've never had any work done by her but she has a solid reputation and the pictures are pretty impressive.

My guy is Rev. Rob Grube, he bounces between Rockstar in Clinton Twp. and Independent Ink. in Warren. He's working on a pin-up for me right now.

Chris

telecast
08-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Adams is a full service, very close to Milan. I used to shoot 3D leagues there. Last I knew he had an indoor range and a Wooded 3D. Not sure of the address, he's on Willow Road.

RedneckMedic
08-21-2010, 07:29 PM
well my buddy ran into tony yatros again who is the guy we originally wanted so im back to him as long as i lose contact. he used to own babydolls in taylor and now is opening one up in ecorse and is doing them out of his house until that is finished.