PDA

View Full Version : Another One

meinschaft
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
August 9, 2010

Emergency responders rushed an injured man to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor after he crashed his motorcycle Monday night in rural southwestern Livingston County.

Chief Mark Schroeder of the Unadilla Township Fire Department said the man was apparently traveling eastbound on M-36 near Livermore Road, about five miles west of downtown Pinckney, when he left the roadway and crashed his motorcycle at about 7:42 p.m.

Schroeder said personnel from his department, U-M Survival Flight and Livingston County EMS arrived at the scene and transported the man to U-M for treatment of his injuries. Details on his condition were not immediately known.

An accident investigator from the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department was called to the scene. Personnel from the Pinckney and Unadilla Township police departments also responded to the crash scene, Schroeder said.

Other details were not immediately available.

Thruxtonbill
08-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Damn, I hope he's gonna be ok.

Hoarsnest
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Thats a shame. Hope he'll be OK too. Unfortunately there was another one in Milford last Friday too. NinjaGirl and I used to work with the woman too - which makes it hit home even more.

She and her husband were traveling westbound and a 16 yr old girl going east turned in front of them. Her husband was DOA and she passed on Monday.

You see the articles all the time, but this was the first person I knew directly lost to a motorcycle accident. Pretty f'ed up.

telecast
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Thats a shame. Hope he'll be OK too. Unfortunately there was another one in Milford last Friday too. NinjaGirl and I used to work with the woman too - which makes it hit home even more.

She and her husband were traveling westbound and a 16 yr old girl going east turned in front of them. Her husband was DOA and she passed on Monday.

You see the articles all the time, but this was the first person I knew directly lost to a motorcycle accident. Pretty f'ed up.

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675

Hoarsnest
08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Oops. Thanks Tele. Missed that post.