PDA

View Full Version : r u kidding me?!?!

Dirty
08-08-2010, 10:28 AM
The link below is a story in the freep about another tragic motorcycle accident that ended up costing some poor fella his life. But the comments after the story are what really got me riled up...particularly this fellow below:

jayx500 wrote:
motorcycles should be outlawed ,now this poor girl that caused the crash has to deal with this the rest of her live ,just because this guy had to be on a motorcycle . and the poor wife lose her husband and is hurt real bad and all his family has to go throught this living hell now all because this stupid a$$ motorcycle . im sure a lot of people will think im wrong but im not!
people that own them and ride them will read this and should remember what i say and most will regret not giving them up one day because of a crash

Here is the link to the story (http://www.freep.com/article/20100807/NEWS03/100808001/Motorcyclist-dies-wife-critically-hurt-in-Lyon-Twp-crash). If anyone has an ID to comment on the freep feel free to give him a thrashing for me :mad:

Mad Dog
08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Two types of people in this world. Ones that ride and others that wish they could.:D

Thruxtonbill
08-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Two types of of people in the world. Ones that ride and fvcking idiots:mad:

Bob
08-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Hell man, 99% of the comments on any local news paper or news station's website is 100% retarded.

Mudpuppy
08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Hell man, 99% of the comments on any local news paper or news station's website is 100% retarded.

true dat..

there are 2 types of people in this world - those who have said stupid shit and i potato sacked them and those that are about to say stupid shit and then i potato sack them..

meinschaft
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I saw this story. It caught my attention because the accident ocurred on Pontiac Trail where I often ride. I also caught the comment posted above. Pretty incredible. Is this person a product of public schools? Any schools? So if the dead/injured person had been in a car, instead, what the hell might this person have said? That they should know not to ride in a car cause you might get killed, and this POOR DITZ GIRL IN THE PICK UP would have to LIVE WITH IT?

I'm guessing that before this is over, we'll find out she was on her cell phone, talking or texting.

Wanna bet $5?

Rider
08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Might as well outlaw walking across the street in a crosswalk. You might get hit and die and the poor driver would have to live with it. :rolleyes:

Mudpuppy
08-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I saw this story. It caught my attention because the accident ocurred on Pontiac Trail where I often ride. I also caught the comment posted above. Pretty incredible. Is this person a product of public schools? Any schools? So if the dead/injured person had been in a car, instead, what the hell might this person have said? That they should know not to ride in a car cause you might get killed, and this POOR DITZ GIRL IN THE PICK UP would have to LIVE WITH IT?

I'm guessing that before this is over, we'll find out she was on her cell phone, talking or texting.

Wanna bet $5?

Clearly public school, if any, and definitely not top of the class more of a bottom feeder.. I will not take that bet and I will offer same bet for $20..

Chris300s
08-09-2010, 11:36 AM
I just assume that most online posters are 12 year old boys and the comments posted are in kind. It's really not worth the time to read commentary online.

My two cents, ;)

telecast
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Seven degrees of separation?

When I got to the project site this morning the contractor asked if I'd heard the bad news. Turns out the victims are the daughter and son-in-law of the project manager on this job. Both he and his son (one of the project subcontractors) are on the job every day. The daughter also worked for the same company in a different capacity. I haven't spoken to either of them yet, but word from the company is they don't expect the daughter to make it.

Thruxtonbill
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Wanna bet $5?
Does your wife know you're betting?

meinschaft
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Does your wife know you're betting?

It's my weekly allowance. She usually lets me use it as I see fit.

You aren't planning on telling her, are you???? :confused:

SportstersPaul
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Just checked the article from the link given and absolutely can not believe the idiots out there and their responses. Especially the moron who declares that it was the motorcyclists fault "cause he was on a motorcycle"!!!!! Scary, scary, scary. That's the mentality we have to deal with as we motor down the road. Interestingly enough, the most recent study, I think done in England, came up with the fact that the small profile of a motorcyclist confuses people into thinking that we are much farther away, (and less of a threat), and they misjudge what they think is a safe distance, pulling out in front of us causing all kind of evil things to happen, and at the same time blaming us for approaching at a higher rate of speed. Just their misjudged perception. But we end up being hurt/injured or having to take evasive action usually resulting in damage to our bikes.

Thruxtonbill
08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
It's my weekly allowance. She usually lets me use it as I see fit.

You aren't planning on telling her, are you???? :confused:
I'll keep my mouth shut..........for five bucks:D

Mudpuppy
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Just checked the article from the link given and absolutely can not believe the idiots out there and their responses. Especially the moron who declares that it was the motorcyclists fault "cause he was on a motorcycle"!!!!! Scary, scary, scary. That's the mentality we have to deal with as we motor down the road. Interestingly enough, the most recent study, I think done in England, came up with the fact that the small profile of a motorcyclist confuses people into thinking that we are much farther away, (and less of a threat), and they misjudge what they think is a safe distance, pulling out in front of us causing all kind of evil things to happen, and at the same time blaming us for approaching at a higher rate of speed. Just their misjudged perception. But we end up being hurt/injured or having to take evasive action usually resulting in damage to our bikes.

That's why I ride offensively.. Like OJ cutting and slashing..

telecast
08-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't know if anyone read my first post on this, but I spoke with the female victim's brother this evening, and I am sorry to report she passed away this afternoon.

Bob
08-09-2010, 08:13 PM
We should all be carrying a sack full of nuts and bolts to toss at moronic drivers in my book. RIP riders.

Dirty
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't know if anyone read my first post on this, but I spoke with the female victim's brother this evening, and I am sorry to report she passed away this afternoon.

Very bad news...thoughts and prayers to the families involved

NinjaGirl
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Telecast, did you know them? She was a friend of mine. I used to work with her. The whole thing is awful and I hope they charge the girl for all they can.

NinjaGirl
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry, just read your post. Also, they left behind a daughter that just had her high school graduation party the weekend before last.

snofrog
08-09-2010, 10:49 PM
arrrrgh I have laid down about 4 replies to this thread but I will just refrain from relating my feelings on this .

RoadZombie
08-10-2010, 02:39 AM
My girl and I rolled up on this accident the other night on the bike shortly after it occured on our way out to Hell. As we were stopped, a guy pulling out of the adjoining neighborhood stopped and told us what was going on. We made a U-turn and headed back towards Milford Rd. It was a very sombering ride after that for sure. On the way back home, we rolled right through the scene...gave me the chills.

telecast
08-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry, just read your post. Also, they left behind a daughter that just had her high school graduation party the weekend before last.

Yeah, the brother told me they have a daughter who is preparing for college. Not sure what will happen now but I know the family will step in and do whatever is needed. And to make things worse the husband's mother is older and pretty frail, and now completely alone. Her husband passed and this was their only child. The brother told me they're going to do whatever it takes to help her too. These are good people.

Hoarsnest
08-11-2010, 08:15 PM
I made a comment on this topic in another thread ... missed this one somehow.

NinjaGirl and I worked with Donna at the same company for years. It really hits home when this happens to someone you know. Ya always read the articles and hear of these senseless motorcycle accidents, but man it has an effect when it's someone you know. Is for me anyway.

As for the article comment that started this thread, that kind of thought process absolutely makes me sick to my stomach. I sincerely hope that it is some kid trying to incite anger. Otherwise it is a horrible commentary on the intelligence level of the American public.

NinjaGirl
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I think any driver of any vehicle should have to take some kind of motorcycle safety class whether you have one or not. I know my bike has been sitting since I heard about the accident on Sunday. I'm not sure when I'm getting back on it. I know my daughter will not be going for rides anymore, that's for sure. I'm leaving in a couple of minutes to go to the visitation of my friend that was killed on a motorcycle. It's just horrific and sad.

RedneckMedic
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
it seems like everyday i hear of some type of motorcycle accident and about 90% of the time its the result of a cager not paying attention. last week a guy down the street from me his tire blew out on his roadking on 75 and him and his girlfriend got banged up bad but survived. then today i found out about a spaghetti on the 20th for a guy that is in a coma because some cager ran him down in del ray and they just kept going and didnt stop.

Bob
08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
it seems like everyday i hear of some type of motorcycle accident and about 90% of the time its the result of a cager not paying attention. last week a guy down the street from me his tire blew out on his roadking on 75 and him and his girlfriend got banged up bad but survived. then today i found out about a spaghetti on the 20th for a guy that is in a coma because some cager ran him down in del ray and they just kept going and didnt stop.

Thats what sucks for the lone riders. Get hit and they keep going.

Hoarsnest
08-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Thats what sucks for the lone riders. Get hit and they keep going.

That worries me too. 98% of the time I'm riding alone on back farm roads. If someone takes me out - chances are they are going to get away with it (if they are so inclined anyway).

telecast
08-13-2010, 01:57 PM
That worries me too. 98% of the time I'm riding alone on back farm roads. If someone takes me out - chances are they are going to get away with it (if they are so inclined anyway).

Yeah, but the plus side is you have almost zero traffic on a lot of them. I do a lot of riding west of 23, some roads are almost empty. I have to watch for intersections and driveways more than left turners and tailgaters. Of course animals are always an issue too, especially when the corn fields are right next to the road.

What it all boils down to is everything and everyone is a hazard. You can't forget that for even a second.

aeryck
08-13-2010, 04:40 PM
What it all boils down to is everything and everyone is a hazard. You can't forget that for even a second.

QFT.

Although in the majority of car vs motorcycle incidents the blame can be put on the idiot cager that wasn't paying attention, you have to ask yourself if the rider involved could have avoided the incident by being more attentive to his surroundings.

Some things obviously can't be avoided but as riders it's up to us to do our best to anticipate the actions of every moron behind the wheel of a car. I know it's saved my ass more than once.

Gas Man
08-13-2010, 09:58 PM
QFT.

Although in the majority of car vs motorcycle incidents the blame can be put on the idiot cager that wasn't paying attention, you have to ask yourself if the rider involved could have avoided the incident by being more attentive to his surroundings.

Some things obviously can't be avoided but as riders it's up to us to do our best to anticipate the actions of every moron behind the wheel of a car. I know it's saved my ass more than once.
This is EXACTLY it boys & girls!

You can say all you want that legally the cage driver was at fault, but how much does that help you when you're laid up in the hospital or dead. Doesn't really help you much then does it.

I myself, have had countless hours of defensive driving classes at work under the umbrella of "The Smith 5 keys". They truely work, and when I'm on group rides or with riding buds. I see them always put themselves in piss poor situations where they can get hit. They aren't "getting the big picture". You need to predict what other drivers will do. Sometimes before they even do.

RoadZombie
08-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Pretty much exactly what I tell anyone thinking of starting to ride. My phrase is, "What you have to realise is that everyone is trying to kill you." They may or may not be, but if you keep that thought in your mind...you look at things in a whole different light. As you ride, you hope for the best but expect and plan for the worse.

Mudpuppy
08-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Living on principals will kill you one way or another..