PDA

View Full Version : Concept: HD Brawler

Gas Man
08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/brawler-concept/

Centered around capturing a younger demographic, the Brawler is the latest concept from Travis Clark. Hoping to engage younger riders with an actually sporty Sportster, Clark’s Brawler, in its finest trim, combines the high-powered Porsche designed motor in an attractive package that speaks more to a younger generation than anything that’s come out of Milwaukee…and it looks good too.
While Harley-Davidson has certainly been gaining some traction in younger markets with its different Sportster offerings, like the new Forty-Eight, the company still needs a major youth infusion. Clark thinks that his Brawler is the the ticket with its more modern design and performance-centered operation. Designed to come with two different suspension packages, the base Brawler features inverted forks and an 88ci air-cooled HD power plant, while the high-end brawler comes with the V-Rod motor and leading link front suspension.
There are some cues to the original VRSC, but Clark’s Brawler also has hints from other designs. For instance, the high-mounted scrambler-styled exhaust is a welcomed change from the down and low pipes we’re accustomed to seeing from the custom crowd. With other manufacturers interested in the performance cruiser segment, it will be interesting to see if Harley-Davidson picks up designs like the Brawler.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/brawler-concept-by-travis-clark/brawler-concept-travis-clark-9.jpg

More pics in the link above

I think it's completely BADASS! But then again I'm not the normal HD rider or the normal guy my age. I'm in my 30's and ride an Ultra. I love this thing. I hope they produce it and don't juice it down too much.

Chris300s
08-04-2010, 10:11 PM
too much plastic and "trim". A VMax styled VRod is cool in concept, however I hate non functional covers, plates, etc. Ditch the fork covers and air damn (:)) for starters.
IMHO - I only want to see the mechanical pieces that make the machine work. If they don't make it go faster, stop faster or turn quicker they don't belong on a bike of mine.

meinschaft
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I think it's sweet. Reminds me of Confederate's Wraith. Hope HD makes it. Gasman - you gonna buy one?

telecast
08-05-2010, 07:51 AM
It looks ok to me, but is it really 'new'? It's just a V-rod with scrambler pipes and some Batman plastic.

Gas Man
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I won't buy one cause I'm a cheap ass. Can't afford a third bike.

Bob
08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
too much plastic and "trim". A VMax styled VRod is cool in concept, however I hate non functional covers, plates, etc. Ditch the fork covers and air damn (:)) for starters.
IMHO - I only want to see the mechanical pieces that make the machine work. If they don't make it go faster, stop faster or turn quicker they don't belong on a bike of mine.

I'm with you. I hate that plasticy look of it. I'd rather just be a on a V-rod. Heck, for the price of the Brawler I bet you could get a Vrod and supercharge it.

RoadZombie
08-10-2010, 02:24 AM
It looks ok to me, but is it really 'new'? It's just a V-rod with scrambler pipes and some Batman plastic.

Funny...my thoughts exactly. Actually, if you want to know the EXACT thought, it was..."Looks like a reject for the 'Batcycle' in the next Batman movie".

It's...different. I still prefer the NightRod Special. I'm all for clean lines and "less is more".