PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this?

telecast
08-03-2010, 04:40 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/1878594980.html

In case it gets flagged:

DOWNRIVER AREA

No dues, fees, meetings, no commitments, just an internet based forum that brings people together to ride.

A local Chapter of the Freedom Cruisers is forming Downriver and are here for the riders that just simply love to ride. We represent motorcycle riding, family, unity along with the fun and camaraderie of all the FCRC members. As members we believe in total freedom. We as a club do not believe in dictatorship, cliques, power plays, politics or any other BS. We are always seeking new members, both men and women. The bike you ride is your choice, We accept all. We are not a 1% club, nor are we territorial. We respect all clubs and enjoy good relations wherever we go. If this seems like something you are interested in, respond to this ad and leave a phone number or Email address and I will contact you.

Thruxtonbill
08-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Sounds ghey

telecast
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Then it's perfect for you!

Thruxtonbill
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Then it's perfect for you!
You forgot, I don't have a bike anymore.:D

RedneckMedic
08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
so its an online community where people talk about riding and such. yep sounds ghey to me that shit will never catch on.

telecast
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
You forgot, I don't have a bike anymore.:D

Oh yeah, you can't even join!

so its an online community where people talk about riding and such. yep sounds ghey to me that shit will never catch on.

Yup, just like 2wheel!

They're pretty big. I've never heard of them so I did a search. A national group with 5 MI chapters, this downriver is the newest and just firing up. I figured some of you downriver guys that are looking for people to ride with might be interested.

Bob
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I've seen that before. No link to their forums though. I did the same thing you did Tele and found them online.

It's just not my cup of tea, the whole riding club thing. I'm not into the whole buying a patch and having to attend x amount of rides and so on.

telecast
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm not into the whole buying a patch and having to attend x amount of rides and so on.

No requirements, no minumums, no mandatory meetings or rides. No dues.

Bob
08-03-2010, 09:29 PM
No requirements, no minumums, no mandatory meetings or rides. No dues.

The rules say you must attend 3 rides a year.

Bob
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Members of the Freedom Cruisers Riding Club must ride at least 3 rides and /or events in a calendar year to maintain their membership with the FCRC. Any members that have been awarded member emeritus, are honorary members of the chapter, or those on military deployment are not required to make the 3 ride guidelines.

Gas Man
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I like to ride when I like to ride. PERIOD.

Lone wolf and I'm fine with it!

Mudpuppy
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I like to ride when I like to ride. PERIOD.

Lone wolf and I'm fine with it!

more like ghey wolf but whatever you call riding to the rest areas and jerking old sweaty dudes for nickels there buttercup..

Gas Man
08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Don't be hatin cause I'm cuttin into your clientell... ok peanut.

Mudpuppy
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Don't be hatin cause I'm cuttin into your clientell... ok peanut.

oh did you switch to servicing super hot kittens, pumas and cougars? cuz that's how i roll.. like the story goes:

an old bull and young bull are at top of the hill when they spot a whole herd of hot heifers

the young bull all excited says LETS RUN DOWN AND FUCK ONE OF THEM

the old bull says nah lets walk down and fuck em all

so think of me as the old bull..

telecast
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Members of the Freedom Cruisers Riding Club must ride at least 3 rides and /or events in a calendar year to maintain their membership with the FCRC. Any members that have been awarded member emeritus, are honorary members of the chapter, or those on military deployment are not required to make the 3 ride guidelines.

Good find. I didn't look in their rules, I saw this on the national forum website:

Our Club Policies are very Simple
No Dues or Fees ---- You DO NOT have to show up for any club meetings --- No Tasks for you to perform ----No Major Commitments.
However we do ask our members to do the following:
ALWAYS RIDE SAFE --- Do not give the club a Bad Name
Support your Club or Chapter as much as you can

Seems a little contradictory to the rules section.

Anyway, I thought someone may want to check it out.

Rider
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Personally I think Ride Motorcycle sounds like a better group. I've ridden with them on several occasions and they are a real good group. Lots of small chapters in MI but there are weekly rides all summer long and sometimes more than 1 a week. In the late fall winter they have dual sport rides. It is also not exclusively cruisers, any bike is acceptable. They start and end each season with an overnight ride up to the Leelenau Peninsula.

Bob
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Good find. I didn't look in their rules, I saw this on the national forum website:

Our Club Policies are very Simple
No Dues or Fees ---- You DO NOT have to show up for any club meetings --- No Tasks for you to perform ----No Major Commitments.
However we do ask our members to do the following:
ALWAYS RIDE SAFE --- Do not give the club a Bad Name
Support your Club or Chapter as much as you can

Seems a little contradictory to the rules section.

Anyway, I thought someone may want to check it out.

Yeah, I read those and thought maybe they changed it since last time I read them a few weeks ago and then dug deeper and found it. I'm sure it's a good group of guys and everything and I'm sure you'd always find someone to ride with for sure if you where part of a group like that.