PDA

View Full Version : It's just not worth it.....

telecast
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
I bought some aftermarket saddlebag guard rails on ebay. I usually don't buy bike parts from ebay, but they were less than half the price of HD's.

Sure as shit, they don't fit. I emailed the seller the night they came and told him I was having problems, no response. I messed with them more the next day and determined they're 1" too short to mount properly. Emailed again, no response. Emailed again on Sunday and told him if I didn't hear from him by last night I would open a case file with ebay. Nadda. So, I started the ball rolling with ebay.

The guy says he strives for a 5 star rating and will provide returns for refund or exchange. He had a couple of bad feedbacks, all based on slow delivery, nothing about bad fit. I figured I could deal with a slow delivery to save $100. Delivery was actually very fast, but that doesn't mean shit if they don't fit.

Here are the pics I sent him. This one shows the rail mounted. If you look at the bottom of the pic you can see it falls short of the mounting point. The rail is supposed to clamp to the crash bar.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/100_0654.jpg

Here's a closeup of the mounting point. Exactly 1" too short:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/100_0657.jpg

Trainguy
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Ouch

Bob
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
That sucks man. I hope the dude takes it back.

I've given up on Ebay for parts. Usually the fit and finish of the stuff I've gotten off of there is horrible and usually the name brand item you are getting is a fake anyway.

Gas Man
08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
You can get 20% off retail if you buy off bikerbobs website.

Mudpuppy
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
i have bought a few parts off ebay and never had a problem..

good luck in getting it resolved..

telecast
08-04-2010, 07:32 AM
I opened the case with ebay on Monday. They sent him an email basically saying he needs to get ahold of me and work it out. So far, nothing. After 7 days I can contact them again and they say they'll refund my purchase price and original shipping cost, provided I return the parts. We'll see.

telecast
08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
You can get 20% off retail if you buy off bikerbobs website.

I'm aware. These things were less than half price after the discount. It was impossible to resist......

Rider
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm aware. These things were less than half price after the discount. It was impossible to resist......

Good shit ain't cheap and cheap shit ain't good.

Learn it, know it, live it.

telecast
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Good shit ain't cheap and cheap shit ain't good.

Learn it, know it, live it.

Hence the title of this thread.

Gas Man
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Tell them to throw in a good taint licking to make up for it.

telecast
08-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Well, I got a response from ebay this morning asking if I'd heard from the seller yet. I haven't, so the case is escalated. Ebay will review and get final determination, whatever they decide is final. I asked for purchase price and original shipping costs, but told them I'd bear the cost of returning the parts if I ever get an address to send them to. I can ship UPS from work pretty cheap. They said there will be a decision in 72 hours.

telecast
08-12-2010, 02:44 PM
UPDATE:

Just got an email from ebay. They're refunding my purchase price and shipping costs. Not only that, but they sent me a prepaid shipping label to return them. My cost = $0.00.

The seller doesn't even get to squawk. After I send it back ebay tracks it and refunds my money once UPS shows it delivered.

So a bad experience, but ebay stepped up.

Rider
08-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Good deal.

Gas Man
08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Cool. Let us know if EBay follows thru!

Mudpuppy
08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
oh they will.. ebay is top notch for sure..

telecast
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
This just keeps getting better!

So, I shipped the parts back to the seller with a shipping label sent to me by ebay. Today the tracking info said it was out for delivery. Per ebay, as soon as UPS shows it delivered, I get a full refund.

I just checked. It doesn't say 'Delivered', or 'Refused', it says: 'Exception'

Why?

Are you ready?

"The receiver's address is vacant."

Fake address! The guy gave ebay a fake return address, and they used it to ship the item back. So what now? The package will probably be returned to me, although I don't really care where it goes. I fulfilled their requirements, give me my money.

Maybe I'll get the money and the parts, which does me no good since they don't fit. I can hang them on the wall in my garage as a reminder! I'll start a shrine!

Bob
08-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Have you made a claim with Paypal? I know they are owned by e-bay but you might have to do that as well.

telecast
08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
It's all done through ebay now, not Paypal. I'm confident they'll take care of it, it's just so damned ridiculous. I hope they ban this asshole.

Bob
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
It's all done through ebay now, not Paypal. I'm confident they'll take care of it, it's just so damned ridiculous. I hope they ban this asshole.

Me too man. Hope you get it all taken care of.

Mudpuppy
08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
In my few experiences with ebay they always handle it.. they have zero tolerance for clowns like this..

Rider
08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
In my few experiences with ebay they always handle it.. they have zero tolerance for clowns like this..

I had an issue with them that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had an item up for sale and it sold. The cunt that won the auction emailed me and said she changed her mind she didn't want the item. I told her tough shit, pay up. I told her if she didnt pay me I would be forced to give her her 3rd non payment strike. She said if I did that she would leave negative feedback for me. Well I did anyway and that fucking cunt lied and said in the feeback that I was trying to scam her. I complained to Ebay but they would not remove the feedback. They did however remover her account(s) due to her third non payment strike and the fact that she was using multiple accounts to bid up her own auctions. I brought that to the attention of Ebay and they booted her ass but the negative feedback remained.

I still use them but very sparingly now.

SportstersPaul
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Tim: If it wasn't for bad luck................................, so what are you doing for bag guards now? I can get 20-30% off at Custom Chrome.

telecast
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
so what are you doing for bag guards now? I can get 20-30% off at Custom Chrome.

Well, I really don't need them, just want them. Chrome...ya know?

I found a set of used OEM's on ebay in EC, ended up costing me $74 shipped. This was a different seller (obviously!) with 100% feedback. He also answered a few questions for me during bidding, so shouldn't be any issues like this other bozo.

Mudpuppy
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I had an issue with them that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had an item up for sale and it sold. The cunt that won the auction emailed me and said she changed her mind she didn't want the item. I told her tough shit, pay up. I told her if she didnt pay me I would be forced to give her her 3rd non payment strike. She said if I did that she would leave negative feedback for me. Well I did anyway and that fucking cunt lied and said in the feeback that I was trying to scam her. I complained to Ebay but they would not remove the feedback. They did however remover her account(s) due to her third non payment strike and the fact that she was using multiple accounts to bid up her own auctions. I brought that to the attention of Ebay and they booted her ass but the negative feedback remained.

I still use them but very sparingly now.

wow that sucks..

telecast
08-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Same thing here a long time ago. Non paying bidder, bad feedback, ebay ended up booting him but they wouldn't remove it. That was my only negative but it was before they redid the feedback system. When they did that it went away, now I'm 100%.

I use them sparingly too. These bag guards are the first thing I've bought there in about a year.

Figures.....

I WILL leave this asshole some serious bad feedback: Don't use! Bad seller! Needed Ebay refund! Fake return address!

I've checked the profiles of others who've left him bad feedback, he never responds. Even if he does it's worth it.

telecast
08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
End Result:

Parts are still floating around out there. Ebay put my address down as the return, so they may end up back here. At any rate, Ebay refunded the full amount like they said they would. All set!

Bob
08-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Good deal! Ebay is usually good to work with like that.

I sold my racing suit to a guy on Ebay and even tossed in my back protector for free! Just because I felt nice. I shipped it and gave him a tracking number. UPS delivered it late due to weather or something and the fuck face left me negative feedback after he got it because shipping took long. WTF?! I had it all documented wich helped my case.

Mudpuppy
08-22-2010, 10:06 PM
some people are just flat out assholes..

telecast
08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Latest news in this seemingly never-ending saga:

Ebay refunded my money on Monday, it's tucked safely away in the bank. Just for shits-n-giggles I checked the old tracking number. Sure as shit, the parts are on the way back to me. I emailed ebay and asked what they wanted me to do with them, they said they're mine, do whatever I want. I figured I'd better ask because with my luck the seller would come forward just about the time someone picked them up.

Soooo, if I can figure out what they fit I'll put them on CL. I did pick up a set of the correct ones, and after trying to mount the wrong ones and seeing how the right ones mount, I think he sent me a set of '09-'10's, which are different than '07 and earlier. I just need to find someone with an '09 or '10 HD touring bike, I'll know if they fit in about 30 seconds.

Thruxtonbill
08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Seems like it worked out in the end, good on u.

telecast
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, maybe I should change the thread title to:

"Sometimes it is worth it!"

telecast
09-08-2010, 07:19 PM
HA!

Last time checked the tracking number the rails were being sent back, but instead of coming here they had been rerouted to California. I guess that's where ebay is, I figured they had a warehouse full of failed auction items or something. That was weeks ago. I get home today, and what's on the doorstep but the rails. The tag says:

"Returned to sender, refused by original reciver. Reciever did not want. Original reciever: Ebay."

Anyone need a set of nostalic saddlebag guardrails for a year unknown HD?

Bob
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm ordering mirrors off ebay right now. Wish me luck.

Gas Man
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I tell ya, I do watch where the cheap shit comes from. I was looking at micro usb cords... most of the ebays were from china and shit. F that... order it from newegg.

Bob
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh I'm sure these are 100% Chinese. I just want something cheap but decent. It'd kill me to pay $50+ on a set of bar end mirrors for this bike.

I'm waiting to hear from the ebayer. I totally forgot I cancelled my old Paypal account so I need him to send me a pay request so I can pay for them without having the account.

What sucks is I can not find these in any online store. Only eBay. All the ones I'm finding in the stores are the expensive ones. We need to get a local motorcycle super store on here that can get us this stuff. LOL