PDA

View Full Version : Re: Do you like it?

10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
What do you think of this bike? Like it, don't like it? Don't understand what it is, or why somebody would ride it? Can't be bothered to look at it because it's not the latest and greatest, or covered in plastic? Think it's a cool older bike, and while it'd be nice to have one, building one would be better? Post up some thoughts, there is no wrong answer...

Me? I like it, but then, I pretty much like them all. I can appreciate something like this as much as something new. I'd like to ride it, if only around the block once would be cool with me. Bikes like this aren't "beneath me" at all, and I think it's cool to see them around. Some of the older ones are very cool like this one, and if you look at the guy behind it in the photo, he looks pretty much like he isn't sure what he's looking at.* ;D

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6233/cafe750sb2.jpg[/img]

Gas Man
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
YUK... it looks like it can't decide what it wants to be.

Did you take this pic at the plymouth chili bike show thing last w/e?

10-09-2008, 04:30 AM
No I didn't. I don't know who took the picture. And I don't know who owns the bike.

Bob
10-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I can dig everything exeacpt the velvet seat.

10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, that velvet insert is kind of........trippy.* :P

bettyboop1w
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Do know.* I don't like all that shiny plastic.* The seat is not good at all and why if you are going for a look would you include brown or suede in that.* I would ride it though.

vortech302
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
The only thing I don't like is the box for a tail section, but I'm not sure how it would look with a modern seat and tail.

Berto
10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I like those Old School bikes, but the rainbows are kind of ghey...* I like all bikes, would not go for this myself, but to each their own.

BTW, this is Bob's next bike...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... yche99.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/NYFindingo/drzsm_psyche99.jpg)[/img]

He said he was getting a Supermoto, but this is something Bob...

vortech302
10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Shagadelic

detdrbuzzard
10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
its an old '70s triumph trident converted into a cafe racer. there were no sport bikes, cruiser bikes. there were street bikes, enduros ( on/ off road bikes ), dirt bikes, and the harley tour bikes. street bikes had to be converted to cafe racers ( sport bikes ) or choppers, bobbers or whatever you wanted your bike to be

Berto
10-09-2008, 03:43 PM
That's what I want to try and do with the little Honda.* I have to take pics of it and post them.* I will soon, promise.

detdrbuzzard
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
hey i just looked again at that bike did anyone notice that is a right side shift and left side brake?

10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Old(er) Harleys did that too for awhile when they were competing with Triumph.

Sure would be strange to ride one like that.....for a little while anyway.

I see alot of 70's Japanese street bikes made into the Cafe style lately. They look pretty cool when they're done right, and finished.

detdrbuzzard
10-10-2008, 07:58 AM
no they didn't do it to compete with the brit bikes the us gov mandated that all bikes be left side shift and right side brake. most italian bikes were right side shift too

10-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Well just goes to show all the wrong shit one can learn reading magazines.* :D

Guy I know has a late 60's Harley that is like that; shift on right, brake on left. (I think his is a 67 or 68, and will find out for sure)

And I read in some mag recently that Harley was doing it, because the Brits were doing it, but then all bikes sold here-(USA) had to be the same; brake right-shift left. Mandated like you said, for one reason, (again according to the magazine), was that people were having accidents too much as a result of the reverse order of some bikes.