PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me?

meinschaft
07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Somebody needs to help me with this. My bud/I rode last Sunday. We ended up at the Dam Site Inn (Hell) and stopped for a cold one. There was a group of about 20 guys/gals there. Very loud and boisterous. My bud taps me on the shoulder and gestures for me to look at the [wife-beater] T-shirt several of the dudes were wearing. They read, "SONS OF ANARCHY".

I asked my bud, "Isn't that a TV show? Why would anyone pretend they belonged to a pretend cycle club?"

Should I dig through my attic and see if I can find the shirt I got when I attended a taping of the Phil Donohue Show? I know it's there somewhere.........

Rider
07-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Douchebags.

meinschaft
07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe the shirts were free. Or something.

Rider
07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Maybe the shirts were free. Or something.

Even so, would you wear one in public? Probably not.

meinschaft
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd turn it inside out. For cutting the grass. Neighbors, you know.......

RedneckMedic
07-27-2010, 05:01 PM
i stopped there one time and cuz i pulled in on a honda and my buddy on his cbr we got a bunch of wierd looks and heard a few comments i think its the same crowd in there every day cuz ive stopped there a few times and have seen what looked like the same bikes each time

aeryck
07-27-2010, 05:30 PM
i stopped there one time and cuz i pulled in on a honda and my buddy on his cbr we got a bunch of wierd looks and heard a few comments i think its the same crowd in there every day cuz ive stopped there a few times and have seen what looked like the same bikes each time

There's a lot of locals that frequent the place. It's usually a chrome fest. Every once in a while you'll see a group of sportbikes there, and on some of the rare occasions when a large group of us go up there for pizza, the reactions are priceless when there are more sportbikes than cruisers.

telecast
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
C'mon, Mein. Stop down at Biker Bob's and pick up a SOA hat, jacket, hoodie, and T-shirt. You know you want to!

Everytime I walk by that display I have to wonder. Yet they sell the shit out of it.

meinschaft
07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm going to find my Maury Povich t-shirt and give that a try.

Chris300s
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
C'mon, Mein. Stop down at Biker Bob's and pick up a SOA hat, jacket, hoodie, and T-shirt. You know you want to!

Everytime I walk by that display I have to wonder. Yet they sell the shit out of it.
I'm gonna start rocking my ABBA t-shirt when I ride.

SportstersPaul
07-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Tim: Thought by now you would have an entire line of "Broken Chain Gang" paraphernalia!

junkyardjon
07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
i want a A-TEAM shirt, now that would be cool!!!!

Frankenhippie
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
To me, honestly it's no different than wearing Rat Fink stuff, or a snap-on shirt, or your fav HD shirt. It's the guy in the shirt that's a tool or not. Not what it says on it. Sounds like you had a herd of them too.

At one point, 75% of what I wore every day said HD on it somewhere. LOL So what? I would be more embarrassed about a whole group wearing the same shit... what? did you get up that morning and dress eachother guys after an all-night sausage fest? And my dumbass would probably use my outside voice for that too. LOL Again, doesn't matter what the shirt says. These guys are just plain a-holes.

for the record, I live nearby and have been there many times over the last 10-12 years. Had a buddy that cooked/bounced there at one time too. Never cared for the place as it usually seems more like a circus attraction/look at me, look at me place than anything else. they are selling an image during the riding months. During the fall/winter, the place becomes a local hangout that's a little more tolerable with the rubs, newbs, and posers mostly gone. LOL

snofrog
07-28-2010, 07:35 PM
fwiw imho that place serves up a great burger :D

Gas Man
07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey... I have a SOA tshirt... autographed too! But in this pic I was pimpin a different one ;)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/US/4211131713_a2b6afde00.jpg