PDA

View Full Version : UP Ride 2010

polstar
07-20-2010, 03:45 AM
#1 son, Bro-in-law, high school pal & I took a 4 day ride about the western UP. Started from West Branch - Ishpaming 1st day with stops around the Picture rocks area, Miners Castle etc... On up to Copper Harbor the 2nd day with a stop at the Gay Bar along the way. Roads were great in the Kewanaw! Then down to Ontanogan for the evening. 3 rd day we're off to Lake of the Clouds. Storms were on there way in so we couldn't spend much time there. We out ran the storms easterly with a quick stop @ Andy's Bar in Seney. Then on over to Curtis,MI for dinner at Chamberlins Old Forest Inn. Great food & good people. Planked Whitefish was as good as I remembered it. Rain had caught us now so we got a room in town. Awoke to drizzle so we were off to St Ignas & back to the lower. I still find it hard to believe I made it over the bridge on my bike. Rain storm & riding the grate too! With a stop at the Big Buck Brewery in Gaylord & we were off to our cabin in West Branch. Was way too quick of a ride. Next year, I stop & smell the pasties more.

telecast
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a good time.

You're right, stop and smell the pasties. There are two reasons to do a ride like that, to cover as many new roads as you can find, or to see the sights. Trying to do both never works out as well as you'd like.

Mudpuppy
07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
awesome.. i love the UP, eh

Gas Man
07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Man that is some good riding country up there. Send along more pics!