PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to ride Rochester/Lake Orion area

apex factor
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
I would have posted in one of the sectioned MI forums but honestly I'm not sure what section Metro Detroit is considered.

Either way, looking for someone to ride with nothing crazy just cruise around. I'm generally free after work to cruise after 5pm (not wednesdays) and sometimes weekends.

I guess you can post here or email me if interested admin@apexfactor.com.

Best regards,
-Matt

Mudpuppy
07-15-2010, 04:56 PM
you said nothing crazy? define crazy.. lol..

sorry i am on the other side of town.. and that is a long straight ride over there to just cruise around..

Thruxtonbill
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats my normal loop, I live in Shelby Matt. I'm at 21 and Van dyke ,I make my way over to Rochester road to Lk Orion rd, right on Stoney creek and back to Rochester, from there it's left to lakeville, north back to Rochester, right on Hough to downtown Almont.
I also ride through Lk Orion back to Clarkston road and on to Ortonville, there you can find Seymour Lk and Grange hall, nice roads out there. Anyway lately, I like to ride early before the heat and thats on the weekends. allthough since I only work an hour a day I'm good during the week as well, so give me a call ,(I'll PM you my phone #) I know these roads very well but still take it easy as I'm old and slow, even though my bike is stupidly quick. haha.
Mud, you're right, east to west or west to east SUCKS, how ever I find 18 mile to Pontiac tr (a few curves, nothing you're gonna scrape a peg over, but...) is tolerable and a much better option then the freeway, so give it a try next time.

Bob
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Glad to see you posting Matt!

Mudpuppy
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Thats my normal loop, I live in Shelby Matt. I'm at 21 and Van dyke ,I make my way over to Rochester road to Lk Orion rd, right on Stoney creek and back to Rochester, from there it's left to lakeville, north back to Rochester, right on Hough to downtown Almont.
I also ride through Lk Orion back to Clarkston road and on to Ortonville, there you can find Seymour Lk and Grange hall, nice roads out there. Anyway lately, I like to ride early before the heat and thats on the weekends. allthough since I only work an hour a day I'm good during the week as well, so give me a call ,(I'll PM you my phone #) I know these roads very well but still take it easy as I'm old and slow, even though my bike is stupidly quick. haha.
Mud, you're right, east to west or west to east SUCKS, how ever I find 18 mile to Pontiac tr (a few curves, nothing you're gonna scrape a peg over, but...) is tolerable and a much better option then the freeway, so give it a try next time.

Trust me bro I know every road within a 200 mile radius.. I used to live in Novi and Plymouth and drive to work in Lake Orion and Warren.. So I am hip.. But then it boils down to time vs. value.. the quality of the ride is much better on the back roads for sure.. a lot of good roads between here and Lake Orion.. but there is also a lot of good construction going on too which sucks.. and then the time factor - i never have any - so chances are i am going to haul ass down 696 and therefore the quality of the ride is slim to none and slim left town.. trust me i spent MANY years riding from chesterfield to warren to detroit to toledo back to chesterfield too.. i have done millions of miles of freeway.. just no desire to do that too much anymore.. i am more about value of the ride now.. and i can ride like 10 mins on the freeway then ride the best roads in the state on the WSL.. everytime i do i find new roads, etc.

You live at 21 and Van Dyke eh? Dyno in WOS lives right there too - the street by the Dairy Queen actually - he is south of 21 before Hall Road I believe.. You don't know him do you?

Thruxtonbill
07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
You live at 21 and Van Dyke eh? Dyno in WOS lives right there too - the street by the Dairy Queen actually - he is south of 21 before Hall Road I believe.. You don't know him do you?
Nah, I don't know him, whats he ride? MMMM DQ!

Mudpuppy
07-16-2010, 06:20 PM
He rides a 2002 R6 and a 2006 (?) 675..

apex factor
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Mudpuppy: oh i just mean like no asshattery. I'm not down riding with people who are out to pull wheelies and cause a lot of on road mayhem that's all.

fz1bill: I have a new PM so that must be you. I'll check it out in a sec.

Bob: yeah about time huh?

Bob
07-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Mudpuppy: oh i just mean like no asshattery. I'm not down riding with people who are out to pull wheelies and cause a lot of on road mayhem that's all.

fz1bill: I have a new PM so that must be you. I'll check it out in a sec.

Bob: yeah about time huh?

For realz!

horrorbusiness
07-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I would have, I live at 75 and Sashabaw.

apex factor
07-18-2010, 06:37 PM
maybe we can get a ride going or something.

zamochit
07-19-2010, 12:33 AM
What are you riding Matt?

apex factor
07-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I got rid of my FZR 600 and picked up a V Star 650.

here's how it sits currently:

http://xceedns.com/~mwong/vstar.jpg

apex factor
07-19-2010, 08:12 PM
How about you Todd?

RedneckMedic
07-19-2010, 08:39 PM
sweet v-star my buddy has one sitting in his garage that doesn't get ridden and all i can think of is what sweet bobbers they make everytime i see it

apex factor
07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you!

zamochit
07-20-2010, 07:53 PM
How about you Todd?

Still working on getting it done. My build is in the project section.

Your bikes lookin good, Matt!