PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Saturday or Sunday Rides

Bob
07-11-2010, 08:31 PM
If anyone is ever looking to head out for a Saturday or Sunday morning ride I'm always game. Usually I have mornings free. We usually head out about 7:30/8:00 and usually have no set plan. We just sort of ride wherever.

Chris300s
07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Where are you located Bob?

Chris

telecast
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Where are you located Bob?

Chris

Put it this way: You'd be leaving your house around 6:00 am to make it at 7:30!

That's one of the reasons these rides don't work for me, at least on a regular basis. I'm about 0:45/1 hour from Downriver, depending on where they meet. If they started at 10:00 or so it'd be easier to make.

Chris300s
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Put it this way: You'd be leaving your house around 6:00 am to make it at 7:30!

I'm in a geographical anomoly, exactly 1 and 1/2 hours from everywhere! I'm still OK with a little ride to the meetup if the ride or the destination are worth it.

Mudpuppy
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I think I will do WSL this Saturday.. 9am possible start..

Bob
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Sorry about that guys. I'm in Southgate. We usually meet in Rockwood or Trenton when we head out but could meet anywhere really.

Gas Man
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm in a geographical anomoly, exactly 1 and 1/2 hours from everywhere! I'm still OK with a little ride to the meetup if the ride or the destination are worth it.
Not true... Angry Bull in Port Huron hasa bike night every Wed night with AWESOME all you can eat food. I'm talking burgers, ribs, all the fixins.

I'm working day shift so I'm out.

telecast
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm in a geographical anomoly, exactly 1 and 1/2 hours from everywhere!

Is that an obscure 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' reference?

Sorry about that guys. I'm in Southgate. We usually meet in Rockwood or Trenton when we head out but could meet anywhere really.

Bob, for me it ain't the starting place or the time as much as the content. Based on your posts you like to get up and ride early, but want to get home by late morning. It's not worth it to get up early, take an hour to ride out there, go for a 2 hour ride, then take an hour to ride home.

If I was 10 or 15 minutes from you it'd be fine. That's the problem I have living out in here in the boonies, every ride requires a ride to get to the ride.....

It'd work better for me if we could make a day of it.

Chris300s
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I think I will do WSL this Saturday.. 9am possible start..
That's a regular ride segment for us. I'd be in next weeked but I'll be in Milwaukee for a week and a half. (returning to the mothership for assimilation)

Yes, top five movie in my house!

Not true... Angry Bull in Port Huron hasa bike night every Wed night with AWESOME all you can eat food. I'm talking burgers, ribs, all the fixins.
I'm going to check it out. Might get there this week. Will you still be on days in 2 weeks Chris?

Mudpuppy
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Are there any good roads around there? I know Tikki is in Rockwood and he would ride.. I am sure Gasman would ride if he isn't working 20 hours a day.. I just don't want to ride hundreds of miles of highway to ride 50 miles of decent roads..

Bob
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM

Bob, for me it ain't the starting place or the time as much as the content. Based on your posts you like to get up and ride early, but want to get home by late morning. It's not worth it to get up early, take an hour to ride out there, go for a 2 hour ride, then take an hour to ride home.

If I was 10 or 15 minutes from you it'd be fine. That's the problem I have living out in here in the boonies, every ride requires a ride to get to the ride.....

It'd work better for me if we could make a day of it.

Yeah I know it sucks man. I'm just usually busy and can get out in the mornings. If I can get away for a day I'll let you know for sure.

Bob
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Are there any good roads around there? I know Tikki is in Rockwood and he would ride.. I am sure Gasman would ride if he isn't working 20 hours a day.. I just don't want to ride hundreds of miles of highway to ride 50 miles of decent roads..

They are mostly straight country roads that we ride on. Not too many twisties though.

telecast
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Yeah I know it sucks man. I'm just usually busy and can get out in the mornings. If I can get away for a day I'll let you know for sure.

Just plan it and do it. Tell your wife:

LOOK BEYATCH, I'M GOING FOR A RIDE AND WILL BE GONE ALL DAY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN PACK YOUR SHIT AND BE GONE WHEN I GET BACK!!!!

Yell really loud when you do it. Make sure your face is bright red and your eyes bug out.

It'll work.

Trust me..... :D

Bob
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Just plan it and do it. Tell your wife:

LOOK BEYATCH, I'M GOING FOR A RIDE AND WILL BE GONE ALL DAY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN PACK YOUR SHIT AND BE GONE WHEN I GET BACK!!!!

Yell really loud when you do it. Make sure your face is bright red and your eyes bug out.

It'll work.

Trust me..... :D

She'll just laugh and say "See ya!" lol

Gas Man
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
That's a regular ride segment for us. I'd be in next weeked but I'll be in Milwaukee for a week and a half. (returning to the mothership for assimilation)

Yes, top five movie in my house!

I'm going to check it out. Might get there this week. Will you still be on days in 2 weeks Chris?
I'm on days till July 23rd... have been since last thurs.