PDA

View Full Version : TwoWheelMichigan Run

Bob
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Ok riders,
I'm going to try and work on some type of run for us this year. Just a fun run with a stop to eat maybe along the way. No charity or anything like that and no fee to ride.

My first idea is a Prison Run to Jackson. However, I don't see me having the time to check the routes out and so on this year so that might be a next year thing and if we go back roads it's going to be about a 2.5 hour ride each way. We can make it in 1.5 hours each way if we take e-way the entire time but that usually isn't much fun. (These times are from my house)

Another idea I have is maybe more of a meet than a run. We all meet up at a park somewhere. I was thinking of a MetroPark but I'd much rather find a large park with free entrance and maybe a park that doesn't get too crowded. I'm really leaning on Elizabeth Park in Trenton just because I know the park well, there is tons of parking along the road and tons of places to chill out so if there are a couple of parties going on we'll still have room. Plus there is a concession stand with food. Then maybe after or before we can all go for a little ride around the area.

We'd be looking to possibly do this the weekend of August 14th with the 15th being a rain makeup day.

Any input is welcome.

p.s. Please don't get your panties in a bunch if I don't use your suggestions or do what you want to do. It's a statewide site and it's going to be hard/impossible to find something that everyone is going to agree on.

Chris300s
07-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Tele can probably whip up a good route to Jackson (if he doesn't already have one mapped out). Michigan Ave./M-12 would get you there...

Bob
07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
The only problem I see with 12 is the lights. I was on 12 through AnnArbor and Ypsi this past weekend and we got every freaking light. It sucked. LOL

telecast
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Jackson and the prison is a piece of cake. A ride to the prison for a tour and stop for a bite would be a fine day. Milan is a good jumping off spot for too if we get riders from Canton and other points north as well as downriver.

And here's one route, no US12.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Milan,+MI&daddr=42.0530613,-83.8811173+to:Jackson,+MI&hl=en&geocode=FcgrggIdehsD-ynBZcemsKE8iDHlqw62ndS2wA%3BFcWtgQIdYxMA-ynjY1GFopU8iDEZwCFhjmMA4A%3BFe2ehAIdPiP4-ilrezM-WSU9iDFR1ZuOMqZFzg&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.495706,106.787109&ie=UTF8&ll=42.192916,-84.119568&spn=0.623694,1.668549&z=10&via=1

This was just one suggested by Google, I can do better if I drag the route.

telecast
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
This would be my preferred route. A lot of nice roads. Parts of Austin Road between Saline and Manchester rival the WSL.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Milan,+MI&daddr=S+Ann+Arbor+St+to:42.151696,-83.950653+to:Jackson,+MI&geocode=FcgrggIdehsD-ynBZcemsKE8iDHlqw62ndS2wA%3BFb5XgwIdtKQB-w%3B%3BFe2ehAIdPiP4-ilrezM-WSU9iDFR1ZuOMqZFzg&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&sll=42.105355,-83.691101&sspn=0.31228,0.834274&ie=UTF8&ll=42.146096,-84.062576&spn=0.312079,0.834274&z=11

telecast
07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Here's the prison info:

Old State Prison / Armory Arts Tour (http://www.armoryartsvillage.com/history)
100 Armory Court
Jackson, MI 49202
(517) 795-2112 or (305) 336-1403
Take a guided tour of Michigan's first state prison – now Armory Arts Village. The tours, "From Historic Prison to Artistic Vision," are presented by Judy Gail Krasnow, Armory Arts' resident Storyteller and Author.
HEAR the history, plus colorful tales of former inmates
SEE the underground tunnels and solitary cells
ROAM the Art Gallery
MEET artists at work in their studios
VISIT an apartment, formerly over 30 prison cells!
EAT a delicious pre-ordered lunch at The Old Prison Café, prepared by The Catering Company
Make an outing of it!
Tours last 1½ - 2 hours and cost $8.00 per person, or $18 per person with lunch included.

telecast
07-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Here's a thread from last year.

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1070&highlight=jackson+prison

Gas Man
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I think it would be cool to ride out to the prison via the scenic route. Do a photo opt at the prison. Then ride to a park for some simple food (burgs & dogs). We just need somebody to meet us at the park with the food (hence in a truck). Leave from there. Hines drive park may be good.

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
There are a shitload of parks anywhere out there. City parks, metro parks, state parks, state recreation areas. All we need is a park with built-in charcoal grills. There should be enough saddlebags and bungee cords present to make a quick stop at the store for burgers, dogs, and libation.

Bob
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the help Tele!

Gas Man
07-07-2010, 10:18 PM
True dat... I could always put my tourpack on... we could get most of it in there! LOL

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:31 PM
You got one of those saddelbag coolers? I've got liners, but neither one is a cooler.

RedneckMedic
07-08-2010, 12:07 AM
i think it would be a blast and i might even be on vacation that week. 12 isnt that bad to get out there either once your through ypsi it is actually a lot of fun.

telecast
07-08-2010, 07:55 AM
There are a lot of people out this way that avoid US12 like the plague, and not just bikers. It's a frigging death trap. Way more traffic than it was designed for. You usually can't keep track of all the makeshift memorials along the road from Saline to Irish Hills.

I checked the Speedway schedule. It's a race weekend, which means the entire area is a mess. We should pick another destination or another weekend.

http://www.mispeedway.com/Get-Tickets/Event-Calendar.aspx

Gas Man
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
You got one of those saddelbag coolers? I've got liners, but neither one is a cooler.
Nope... never found a real need for it. Plus my side bags are usually always filled with normal stuff anyway.

telecast
07-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Bob asked me to help him plan this, so I'm going to keep things going while he's at work and unable to post.

I like Chris' idea of a cookout along the route. We can pull it off if we pick the right park. Anyone with any info on a park out that way that's free or dirt cheap with charcoal grills, please pipe up. Or, if you guys would rather do a stop at an establishment that's fine too.

The route itself can go anywhere we want. Jackson is not that far away from the WSL. We can meet anywhere and ride in, then do a loop back. For instance, my route in and some portion of the loop back. Or, we can meet further north and bring my route back.

Let's get some input from interested parties.

Chris300s
07-08-2010, 09:40 AM
FWIW - I'd prefer a bar vs. a picnic but I could easily be convinced. I'm 1-1/2 hours from Milan so a Northern route would shorten my ride but it's no big deal if I meet you guys further South.

telecast
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
If it pans out, I was thinking we start at the south and do a loop that ends up farther north, like around North Territorial and 23 or something. That way the northern people don't have as long a ride at the end of the day.

It's looking like that weekend may be a wash due to the race, Bob wants to steer clear of the area that weekend, and really so do I. What other weekends are people available? The weekend before is the 7th and 8th, the weekend after is the 21st and 22nd.

The other option is to keep the same dates and look for a new destination. Open to suggestions if anyone knows of some place.

Mad Dog
07-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I'll keep an eye on this thread. It might be a good time for me to take another ride your way.
Will we be riding by any rivers?lol

Rider
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll be camping in Cadillac that weekend. Aug 7th we have a neighborhood party, July 31 I'm fishing and I leave for vacation tomorrow for 2 weeks. My niece is also visiting from California for the entire month of August. Sept might work best for me.

Gas Man
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm free that weekend. That and time to plan is why Bob & I picked that weekend.

The weekend before I'll be in the UP on the bike and the weekend after I'll be working.

Here's my deal

Aug 7th - riding bike to the UP
Aug 14th - free
Aug 21 - working days
Aug 28th - on nights so I could make it tired
Sep 4th - labor day and therefor hard to plan, people have families.
Sep 11th - working days
Sep 18th - nights again
Sep 25th - riding bike to WV for rafting

See how my weekends roll boys... only having every 3rd one off, they fill up like crazy

Bob
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah, that weekend is going to blow. If anyone has ever been to a NASCAR race you know how crazy nuts it is for MILES around that track for the week leading to and including race weekend.

Chris, any other weekend?

Never mind, I see your post above now. LOL

telecast
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
So instead of changing the date, figure out a different place.

Or we could just deal with it. If we time it right we can probably miss most of the race traffic. The route I put up won't be bad until we get to Napoleon. There are other ways in too. This one would keep us out of most of the traffic. 127, 50, and 12 will be the worst. This puts on 50 for a very short run in Napoleon but we'll be heading away from the track. Plus it looks like a nice route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Milan,+MI&daddr=S+Ann+Arbor+St+to:E+Austin+Rd+to:Napoleon+Rd +to:5th+St+to:42.25619,-84.406328&geocode=FcgrggIdehsD-ynBZcemsKE8iDHlqw62ndS2wA%3BFb5XgwIdtKQB-w%3BFZYwgwIdrwP_-g%3BFQ8XhAIdOen5-g%3BFYhrhAIdtkX5-g%3B&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=5&sz=15&via=1,2,3,4&sll=42.250504,-84.401951&sspn=0.019473,0.052142&ie=UTF8&ll=42.178162,-84.069443&spn=0.313957,0.834274&z=11

Bob
07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I'd rather not do it on that weekend. I've been to a lot of races over the years and it's a nightmare. We'll figure something out. If anything Chris might just have to send his wife while he works. lol

Bob
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Or, we just do something else. Maybe we stick with that weekend for this year and we'll just do a meetup at a park.

Chris300s
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Stick to that weekend and plan another route. I used to love ripping up Anderson Lake Rd. in Waterford.
BTW - There's a $15 Charity run taking off from Clarkston on the 14th. I could be convinced to host some folks (before or after) for homebrew in the 'Clem.

Chris

Gas Man
07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Hey you guys do whatever... if I'm nights I MAY be able to make it or make it late. Just depends on working. On day shift I can't because I have a 45 min on call teather to my station. Not too mention I just may have to work (more likely).

Example, yesterday I went to work for 7am... got home at 9pm. That was working 12hrs +running errons afterwards. I have been battling this forever. The job is at it's busiest in summer. People burn more gas and jet fuel, plus restocking the butane supplies for winter.

telecast
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
It doesn't matter to me where we go, but let's make it some kind of ride.

Frankenhippie
07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Here's the route me & a buddy took on Monday. We had a rough idea of a route and when we made a wrong turn, we just went until we recognized something or could turn in the direction we wanted. The first part was riding almost the length of Territorial and down into Jackson. If you did this part in reverse, you could easily dump out on to US23. Or follow it up to M36 and ride that out to 23. Just thorwing out options.

PS - This was a great ride despite the heat. Nearly ZERO for traffic. Great ride.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Chilson+Rd&daddr=Mc+Gregor+Rd+to:M-52+N%2FTerritorial+Rd+to:I-94+W+to:US-127+N+to:Fitchburg+Rd+to:E+Fitchburg+Rd+to:M-36+E+to:S+Bull+Run+Rd+to:W+Mason+Rd+to:S+Michigan+ Ave%2FPinckney+Rd+to:Chilson+Rd&geocode=FXpfiAIdyGkA-w%3BFZYmhwIdXJX_-g%3BFVtDhwIdt7X7-g%3BFV4GhQIdzun3-g%3BFUwlhwId_Lb3-g%3BFXCyhwIdFjf4-g%3BFTCghwIdJG_5-g%3BFT5ziAIdvJf8-g%3BFREziQIdTzf9-g%3BFZgDigIdih79-g%3BFZ79iQIdiEb_-g%3BFYbpiAIdGl4A-w&hl=en&mra=mr&mrcr=0&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10&sll=42.453861,-84.209518&sspn=0.371352,0.614548&ie=UTF8&ll=42.443728,-84.152527&spn=0.371412,0.614548&z=11

telecast
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
We had a rough idea of a route and when we made a wrong turn, we just went until we recognized something or could turn in the direction we wanted.

No such thing as a wrong turn, just a new road. :cool:

Bob
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I'll be honest guys, I thought about this a lot this weekend and I've decided if we can't anyone interested in this, except for the few that have shown it, than I'm not going to plan it. If the few of you that want to go we can just go ourselves. If it was going to be a large group than I'd of done some research on this run and tried and find us a place to stop and eat and host the event for us. I think it's a cool idea still though.

Here's what I'm thinking now. A run to Hell, MI. I know it's been done a ton and there are like 50 Hell runs throughout the year but this will be a 2WM.com run, no charity run so no cost to anyone. Plus there is tons of things to do in Hell and are all pretty close since it's a small town. There is the Dam Site Inn and Screams Ice Cream and a party store all right next to each other plus some really nice riding roads. I'd like to make up some flyers and email them and start a facebook page for this and maybe get a lot of interest for 2011 on this one. I'll also pick a date very soon for 2011 so we have it down so everyone has plenty of time to get the day off. I'd like to do this in the fall too or at least end of summer. This year we could even do it if some of you guys want to. It's been about 4 years since I've been there so I don't know the roads like I used to but I'm game to go this year, just next year we'll try and do it bigger.

Bob
07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
p.s. Thanks to Chris and Tim for their help on this as well.

RedneckMedic
07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
i do think its a great idea and i think that most of the active members have shown interest its just that we have about 10 fairly active members and then a bunch of other ones on here once in a while. i still think we should try and get a decent sized ride together which wont be hard. last fall telecast did his fall color/no color ride and it looked like only 2 people from the form showed up but from the pictures looked like a good turn out. so i think that this ride would go the same a few of us here would show up and bring "other" people along to make a larger even of it. I also tink that planning a month ahead of time is plenty and a facebook event would still help attendance unless it was to be a charity run then it might take til next year to plan. either way i will try my best to show up to any rides we have.

telecast
07-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Well...
Most of those riders showed up from the XL Forum, so it was forum based, just not this one. They do rides over there all the time but that forum has thousands of members. The only one that showed up from this forum was GerryGSX. The first ride is what brought Chris300s and SportstersPaul here.

The second ride was attended by mostly XL Forum members again, and Fishman.

When we went to Hell for the blessing of the bikes there was me, Gas, Caveman, and Fishman, along with other non-forumites.

It does seem like there's a lack of interest here for group events, but maybe it's just due to the small number of members.

Gas Man
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I think we just need to put together the rides. Maybe the bbq is a bit much at this point due to lack of interest as bob said. So do the planned ride, and take pics. the more we put them together the more interest we'll get.

Mudpuppy
07-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I think we just need to put together the rides. Maybe the bbq is a bit much at this point due to lack of interest as bob said. So do the planned ride, and take pics. the more we put them together the more interest we'll get.

Very true.. Can always go somewhere to eat - probably easier.. Not sure when this will be but if I am in town and not busy with my 80 kids or whatever then I will be in for sure.. and I can definitely handle pictures.. I got a new Nikon D3000 DSLR camera.. I also have on board video, but you knew that obviously.. so I can put together a slideshow, video with pictures, whatever.. you know how I roll.. I polish the tird with the best of them..

Bob
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
You guys want to shoot for the August date then? Only thing is Hell has a bike run that weekend but we can ride to wherever if we are just doing a ride.

Gas Man
07-12-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm game for original date... obviously due to my sked.

telecast
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
What a bout a ride that ends us up down by Tony Packo's for lunch? Maybe Klinger will be there....

Mudpuppy
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I am game for whatever.. But I will be out of town for sure July 20-August 1 (relative time frame - want to try and be at Deal's Gap July 26, 27, 28 with a meeting in Georgia the week before and a meeting in Tennesee on 29th, 30th) and I will be out of town August 11-15. Other than that I should be around and free to ride. I believe August 8th I am going to Willow Run for the air show too.

telecast
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I believe August 8th I am going to Willow Run for the air show too.

Interesting. We usually only go when the Angels are there, and they won't be this year. But they're advertising the largest assembly of WWII heavy bombers ever in one place. Well, since WWII anyway.

I might have to go just to see that.

Bob
07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
What a bout a ride that ends us up down by Tony Packo's for lunch? Maybe Klinger will be there....

I'd be down for Ohio I think.

Anyone know the gun laws in Ohio and if you can carry? I'm pretty sure in a car you can't have it on you even with a CPL.

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Interesting. We usually only go when the Angels are there, and they won't be this year. But they're advertising the largest assembly of WWII heavy bombers ever in one place. Well, since WWII anyway.

I might have to go just to see that.

I have a new SLR camera so I am definitely going.. they will have an F16 Fighting Falcon in place of the blue angels - not really a replacement but its something.. and they always have all kinds of harriers, migs and other jets.. i forget the name of that huge ass cargo plane? the warthog maybe? a-36? not sure but it sure is fun watching that mfr take off, etc.

I'd be down for Ohio I think.

Anyone know the gun laws in Ohio and if you can carry? I'm pretty sure in a car you can't have it on you even with a CPL.

Not sure - on another forum someone was just talking about this - he was saying in Maryland you definitely cannot carry.. I will ask him and see what he says..

telecast
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
I have a new SLR camera so I am definitely going.. they will have an F16 Fighting Falcon in place of the blue angels - not really a replacement but its something.. and they always have all kinds of harriers, migs and other jets.. i forget the name of that huge ass cargo plane? the warthog maybe? a-36? not sure but it sure is fun watching that mfr take off, etc.

I've seen so many military single/duo jet demonstrations they don't really get me going anymore. Hariers are cool but they haven't had one there in a long time. Last time they did I videotaped it, with my Beta camera and portable deck. That tells you how long ago it was!

The one to hit is Selfridge, it's free. But the bomber display has me thinkin'.

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah the Selfridge show is great for sure.. I agree the Willow Run one is way better with the Blue Angels.. I just want to take pictures of planes period..

Dirty
07-13-2010, 10:58 AM

From Ohio's Concealed Carry manual:
"Transporting in Motor Vehicles

The transportation of loaded, concealed handguns in motor vehicles
is permitted, but strict obligations are imposed by the law to protect
you and law enforcement. These obligations apply to drivers and
occupants. These obligations do not apply if you are storing a firearm
for any lawful purpose and it is not on your person or you are lawfully
storing or possessing a firearm in your home.

You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you have a concealed carry permit, you may not transport a loaded, concealed handgun in a vehicle unless it is carried in one of the following ways:

• The loaded handgun is in a holster secured on the person. Ohio law

previously required carrying firearms in a holster in plain sight. The
“plain sight” provision has been removed from the law.

• The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other

container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing
mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover or
closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to
the handgun, or

• The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed,

glove compartment or console, or in a case that is locked.

Motorcycles fall under the definition of motor vehicles. Thus, the same requirements apply to licensees who carry a handgun while on a motorcycle."

My take is that as long as you have it holstered on you, you are fine...

Bob
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks man!

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Beat me to it but here is more info:

OK to carry.

Immediate disclosure if you get stopped.
Cannot carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. (this is different than MI where you can carry @ Applebees/TGIF but would be a no-no in OH)

check out www.handgunlaw.us (http://www.handgunlaw.us/) for more info

and

You need to ask a more specific question.
What is it you are trying to find out?
Your MI CPL is valid in Ohio, but Ohio has some strange laws that MI does not have.

http://www.ohioccw.org/
The above site is for Ohioans for Concealed Carry.
See if they can answer your questions.

Good luck!

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
The law in Ohio has undergone some changes over the last few years.
You can carry a pistol on a motorcycle if you have a valid CPL

Here are some of the common questions asked about the Ohio CPL laws.

Can I carry a firearm riding a motorcycle?

Answer
Yes. You must have a license to carry

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...otorcycle.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/State-and-Local-Law/Can-I-carry-a-firearm-riding-a-motorcycle.html)

Also, you can stop and use the restrooms at the plaza's along the interstate while carrying. This is a new ruling as before, one could not carry concealed inside those plaza buildings.

"Can I carry concealed at an Ohio interstate highway rest stop?"

Answer
Yes. Ohio law specifically excludes facilities used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility from the government building ban.

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...rest-stop.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/State-and-Local-Law/Can-I-carry-concealed-at-an-Ohio-interstate-highway-rest-stop.html)

Can I carry concealed while riding a motorcycle?

Answer
Yes. The same rules apply to motorcycles as to cars.

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...otorcycle.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/State-and-Local-Law/Can-I-carry-concealed-while-riding-a-motorcycle.html)

Does Ohio law specify what ammunition I may carry?

Answer
We are unable to offer you legal advice. Generally speaking, if ammunition is not prohibited by Federal or State law, you should be able to carry it with the gun you use for your CHL. We are unable to offer information on whether your ammunition is legal or not.

You should expect that any choice of ammunition will be critically examined by a prosecutor or civil attorney in the aftermath of a shooting. For instance, premium self-defense ammo would be characterized as "super killer" bullets. Hard ball rounds could be criticized as choosing military ammunition over what civilian police agencies use. Handloads, of course, will be attacked as someone trying to design a super-destructive bullet. In the end, all ammunition choices will be scrutinized, and if you find yourself in a court case of any kind, be prepared to defend your choice of ammunition as reasonable

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...may-carry.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/Misc-CCW-Questions/Does-Ohio-law-specify-what-ammunition-I-may-carry.html)

May I carry more than one handgun with a license?

Answer
This question seems to be very popular, as some people wish to be able to carry a second firearm. There is no restriction under the law that limits the quantity of handguns that can be carried at one time. With that said it is important to remember that each handgun you carry must comply with all aspects of the law. This includes the fact that all loaded handguns must be in compliance with the rules for transport in a motor vehicle.

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...a-license.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/Misc-CCW-Questions/May-I-carry-more-than-one-handgun-with-a-license.html)

Can I carry concealed while/after consuming alcoholic beverages?

Answer
We cannot offer you legal advice. Carrying a concealed firearm is illegal if a person is "under the influence". The key is understanding legal definition of the words "under the influence."

It is a common misconception that under a .08 blood-alcohol concent (BAC) level automatically equates to "legal to drive." Generally speaking, in real broad concepts, "under the influence" would mean whether your capabilities were influenced to any degree by the presence of the intoxicant in your bloodstream. For example, there are plenty of DUI convictions for people under a .08 BAC, and you do not get a "free pass" up to that level.

It would be a safe assumption that the same test would apply to carrying a firearm while "under the influence".

Following is a fairly generic "under the influence" legal definition:

'Under the influence of alcohol' means that the defendant consumed some alcohol, whether mild or potent, in such a quantity, whether small or great, that it adversely affected and appreciably impaired the defendant's actions, reactions, or mental process under the circumstances then existing and deprived her of that clearness of the intellect and control of herself which she would otherwise have possessed. The question is not how much alcohol would affect an ordinary person. The question is what effect did any alcohol consumed by the defendant have on her at the time and place involved. The amount of alcohol in the defendant's body is not the question. It is the effect of whatever alcohol was present that is the question. If the consumption of alcohol so affected the nervous system, brain, or muscles of the defendant **526 so as to impair, to an appreciable degree, her ability to operate the vehicle, then the defendant was under the influence of alcohol.
It would appear that the best choice, from a legal perspective, is to just not drink at all, even one drink, while carrying a firearm.

http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase...beverages.html (http://www.ohioccw.org/knowledgebase/Misc-CCW-Questions/Can-I-carry-concealed-while/after-consuming-alcoholic-beverages.html)

Bob
07-13-2010, 08:14 PM
So it looks like you can carry while on a bike but you can't have the gun on you? It'll have to be in a tool bag or something.

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 11:28 PM
No I don't think so. I put cliff notes together for you:

You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you have a concealed carry permit, you may not transport a loaded, concealed handgun in a vehicle unless it is carried in one of the following ways:

• The loaded handgun is in a holster secured on the person. Ohio law

previously required carrying firearms in a holster in plain sight. The
“plain sight” provision has been removed from the law.

Motorcycles fall under the definition of motor vehicles. Thus, the same requirements apply to licensees who carry a handgun while on a motorcycle."

But you really can save yourself a lot of trouble and leave the gun at home. You will be riding with me and although I am not a registered lethal weapon I probably should be.. In short I got your back homie.. If anyone even looks at you wrong they will be eating soup through a straw for the next 6 months.. And if they dared to be so ignorant as to flash a piece they would be in so much pain their mother would feel it just before I double tapped them with their own gun..

Gas Man
07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
F all that. honestly. I check reciporcy and if they accept. I F'in carry.

Even in states like MD and all of the New England states. I have took my handguns into MD. But I unloaded and locked them, and placed em in my saddle bags. Even the super strict NE states, that can be illegal sometimes. NJ for example, you can't and every hollow point bullet is a seperate fellony, do the math. however, there is a loop hole. If you are traveling thru the state and it is not your destination and you are not staying in that state. You can pass thru it with the gun unloaded and secured out of your immediate reach.

Mudpuppy
07-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Gun laws are fucking stupid. Does a criminal give a shit? No. So they only affect the law abiding citizen. Stupid.

Hoarsnest
07-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Couldn't agree more Mudpuppy. It's insane that there are so many gun laws on the books in this country. Yet for a true criminal, not a one applies. Everyone wants more and more gun laws, but if they would enforce and convict criminals under the current system, there wouldn't be such a problem.

We have more than enough gun laws to cover every circumstance involving one. All that happens by taking the right to protect oneself from law abiding citizens is that criminals get a free pass. This is easily proven by comparing say, Switzerland's violent crime rate to Australia's or Canada's. Or compare Chicago's to Michigan's in our own country.

It's insane policy makers like Feinstein, Reed and Pelosi that are screwing us.

Mudpuppy
07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh man you said the P word - my blood is boiling.. Deep breaths.. lol.. Pelosi is the biggest waste of flesh ever to exist on this planet.. ever see her interviews? yeah that will definitely make your blood boil with her god complex and how we are too stupid, etc. that the government needs to control us.. fuck all that shit..

take away guns from the law abiding citizens and forsake the 2nd amendment spitting in the face of what this country stands for and you cripple the masses and enable the criminals.. just make their job that much easier.. i believe we all have the fundamental right to protect ourselves and our families..

lastly - there are MANY different devices, substances and inanimate objects that kill way more people every year but people like Pelosi don't want our WALMART NATION looking at facts.. alcohol and tobacco kill WAY more people than guns - ban those - wait a second though before you lynch me - I am making a point and I enjoy alcohol as much (or sometimes more and in the past WAY more) than the next guy. But think about this:

A gun is made. Do you know its ultimate use - for good, for evil, for hunting, for crime? No. No different than a butter knife or a pair of scissors. I could easily kill someone with a butter knife - why not ban those? Because its as stupid as banning guns.

Now alcohol and tobacco is made - will there be alcoholism, cancer and death? GUARANTEED.

Hmm.. seems to me that we have a fundamental problem here. What is the truth? Is it really they are worried about "protecting" us from the "dangers" of guns? With several million gun owners who follow the law and .000000167% that ultimately do dangerously things with guns really what is the point of more gun laws or banning them? Its a waste of time and tax money to create the laws, have politicians surfing facebook during months of meetings while some long winded motherfucker debates it on the floor and then ultimately the blue revenue generators enforce it. For the better of the majority? No it can't be. Its to benefit the exception to the rule?? Couldn't all this time, effort and money be spent somewhere else to actually benefit the masses? Yes.

So it all boils down to a control issue. If the government can control you then they can do whatever they want. But why does the government want to control you? What do they get out of it? They don't and what they get out of it is money. Our failure of a system that leaves billions starving and living in poverty beyond our imagination fueled by greed and corruption. The corporations and the small percentage of the wealthy want to control the government who ultimately controls us, the sheeple. All for profit. Its sick really. So people with guns have power. And people with power don't like to lie down and take it like its their first night in prison. So this is a problem. But obviously the government and the people like the Chases, Rockefellers, Morgans, etc. can't say listen we want to take your guns so you don't have any power. So they fabricate propaganda and they spend millions in the media which feeds the ignorant lazy pathetic masses who buy into their tales of the evil guns and how if you are even near a gun it will sodomize your virgin daughter, get your cat pregnant, make your wife leave you and not flush the toilet before it leaves with your pick up truck and dog. Guns are the devil's instrument and should all be destroyed. That is what they want you to believe. And most people just want someone to tell them what to think and what to do. So they buy it.

I can tell you I will fight to the death about them seizing my guns anytime for any reason. I will not win but I will fucking DIE WITH MY BOOTS ON. Fuck that shit. Live fast die free bitches.

This has been a PSA brought to you by the gospel of mp. Hope you enjoyed it.

Mad Dog
07-16-2010, 10:00 PM
So where's the gunfight or I mean the ride. Have you guys settled on a place and date. I was trying to make arrangements to go to Carlisle next weekend but that might not happen. Could do a quick overnighter your way if the dates line up. A Saturday or Sunday ride would be cool. Looked thru the thread an couldn't determine if you guys locked into a date.

Gas Man
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Well I'll be in Carlisle....

Bob
07-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Well I'll be in Carlisle....

Wait, for the 14th of August you are not going to be around now?

Gas Man
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
No... this weekend

Bob
07-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Gotcha!

Mudpuppy
07-19-2010, 10:02 AM
So what date(s) are we looking at for this epic run?