PDA

View Full Version : JP Cycle sucks ass

telecast
07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I ordered some things from them on April 19. They held the order for a while, I think about a week. When I asked why, they said the mirrors were on backorder. No communication from them, I had to ask.

They sent the rest of the order after I bitched. The mirrors? Still waiting. Still on backorder. It's going on 3 months now. So far they've sent me one email asking if I wanted to cancel. No, I want the mirrors, and now it's personal.

I think their catalogs are pretty much a lie. They have some things in stock but not everything. More than likely they're holding my order until they get enough to order from this manufacturer, whoever they are. It doesn't say, and I've been unable to find the same mirror anywhere else.

What a bunch of crap.

Gas Man
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Really... that is weird

RoadZombie
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Never had any issues with JP...nor do I know anyone who has. Might just be a fluke. Then again, there's a first for everything.

Chris300s
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I ordered a new stator and gasket kit from Debrix Cycle and it was a nightmare. 1 week to tell me that they were out of stock on the gasket. A phone call later they sub'd out another gasket. In spite of me asking them to expedite things so that I could ride that weekend it didn't even ship for another week! When the stator arrived the gasket was no where to be found. 1 week later it showed up after I had already picked one up from the dealer. All told I waited 3 weeks for my stator and 4 weeks for a gasket kit. ...and I paid $21 for UPS Ground!

I wish that I had gone to J&P. I've never had a problem with them. But I can feel you on how frustrating it is when they don't meet expectations.

Chris

telecast
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I contacted them again today. They still have no idea when the mirrors will be in.

Half of me says to cancel the order and screw it, I mean I really didn't need the mirrors, just wanted them. The other half says to wait it out just to be a bullhead.

Gas Man
07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Post a pic of the mirrors... maybe we can find them elsewhere and then you cancel the j&p order.

I mean I would tell the jackass...

"It's real nice that while their chief and owner is in the hospital that these fucks are trashing his company."

Bob
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah man, cancel the order and show us what mirrors they are. Most likely they are someone is selling the exact same things or at least something close. Probably a chinese mirror sold under 100 different names.

Chris300s
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
+1 on the mirrors

I just realized that Fabricator Kevin and Voodoo Choppers are literally at the end of my street. Give me 1 good reason to stop by. I'll be your errand boy...

Chris

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
All I've been able to find out is they order them from Todd's V-twin. I did a search and came up with a couple of places called V-twin this or that, but no Todds.

These are the mirrors in question

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/760-780 (http://www.jpcycles.com/product/760-780)

Bob
07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
These look pretty close:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/tear-drop-style-mirrors/p2002272.jcwx#
http://www.jcwhitney.com/cruiser-style-short-stem-teardrop-mirrors/p2002215.jcwx

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Close, but no Ceegar!

the ones I orderd are FLAT, in other words, objects are full size. But there's a convex area etched in the back side of the mirror that gives the wide view.

Let me see if I can post a pic from the catalog page.

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Crap, can't do it.

Click the link for catalog, click 2009 harley, scroll back 1 page to 766, it's part number 760-780 in the middle of the left page.

snofrog
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
fill out an online job app, it will route through a whole new set of people. tell em you want to be in charge of orders over 3 months old so you can get your order filled

telecast
07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
HAH! That there's some funny shit!

Gas Man
07-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Crap, can't do it.

Click the link for catalog, click 2009 harley, scroll back 1 page to 766, it's part number 760-780 in the middle of the left page.
you mean this
http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2009harleyupdatecatalog/?catalogpage=768&section=17+windshields

more specifically this

Which now I understand why you wanty... NICE especially for only $47

SportstersPaul
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Tim: Might mean "Teds" V-twin", and I'm still waiting for my "Asshole" mirrors ordered on January 20th. J&P does send me bi-weekly inguirys but its gotten to the point where I may wait till "hell freezes over", its a problem with their supplier. I checked other sources and it's the same everywhere!

telecast
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah, you're right, it was Ted's.

At least you're getting bi-weekly inquiries. The only time I hear from them is when I call or email, then right afterwords they send me an email asking if I want to cancel. Other than that I'm off their radar.

SportstersPaul
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Got a surprise delivery almost six months to the day! And HELL hasn't frozen over either! Mirrors have been received, mounted tested and remounted in inverted posistion, will give it a few more days to see if I can adapt to looking down for the reverse view. It is awsome though, a complete view to the rear, not just a one inch shot past my arms.

telecast
08-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Well, shut my mouth....

JP sent the mirrors.

A lot less time than Paul's too, it only took 4 months for mine. They must like me better.

Gas Man
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
A new thread and/or pic???

telecast
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I didn't get them yet, they just sent them.

Gas Man
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh cool. Can't wait to see them!

telecast
08-12-2010, 07:49 AM
They look exactly like stock mirrors from the front, the only difference is the glass. I'm interested to see if it does any good. It'll be nice knowing how far back the asshole behind me really is.

Then again, it might scare the shit out of me. :eek:

SportstersPaul
08-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Tim: Must have been your "Broken Chain Gang" and the prayer circle that got yours so quickly!!! Anyhow, looking for a get together. Oh, we leave for the "Posse's" Lighthouse run this afternoon, still time to make it!

telecast
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Dude, seriously, you need a new joke.

Love to do the run. Let's see...leaving this afternoon. Does that require me to take day and a half off work? Not gonna' happen. I am totally job scared.

A subject for another post.

Icemann
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
A lot of Companies like J&P do whats called Drop Ship. It makes it easier for them, because they don't have to carry inventory, and it cuts overhead that sometimes gets passed on to the customer.

Basically you order from J&P, they send your oder to the company that carries the product and the company ships it directly to you in a J&P box and J&P gets a cut for being the middle man. Sometimes the product is out of stock, but J&P doesn't know until the company tells them.

However Customer Service with a lot of these places really need improvement. In a competative market like this, they can't afford to lose customers because of poor service.

I've had my share of Poor Customer service and I usually let them know. Sometimes they try to fix the issue, sometimes they file it in the round tin folder. I've had some companies actually send bonus stuff for the inconvenience. Those ones and the ones who have good customer service I continue to deal with.

I'd rather pay a few bucks more to ensure good customer service rather then deal with yahoos.:cool: