PDA

View Full Version : help driving the speedlimit

snofrog
07-06-2010, 12:01 AM
I have had issues driving the speed limit lately . I just keep creeping up in speed untill I realize hey those cars are flying by then I reset and start over again . no I dont have cruise control . what do you do to lock in on a speed ? I`ve been riding since the early 80`s and have never gone through this . I certainly do not want any performance awards:eek:

RedneckMedic
07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
buy a cruiser and just chill.... nah just get it out of your system on the e-way or some where you know is safe with no po-po and not of other cars then you will be alright. i run into a problem in the cage when ive been riding a lot and then i get in the car i end up speeding a lot because it doesnt feel like im going as fast.

Gas Man
07-06-2010, 12:28 AM
What kind of bike do you ride again?

Perhaps a throttle lock is in order... a cheap cruise basically...

Stay out of the left lane?

Tape over your speedo so you have to stay with traffic speeds?

Mudpuppy
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
find a sucker that goes 5-10mph faster and get in behind them but not too close..

vortech302
07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I say why fight it?

snofrog
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
What kind of bike do you ride again?

Perhaps a throttle lock is in order... a cheap cruise basically...

Stay out of the left lane?

Tape over your speedo so you have to stay with traffic speeds?

its an 08 yamaha fz1 . I may try a throttle lock . I`m deffinately taking a few days off and driving the Jeep . perhaps that will reset my internal speedometer

snofrog
07-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I say why fight it?

I just dont care for performance awards . I have a clean record and want to keep it that way lol

Gas Man
07-08-2010, 08:01 AM
I just dont care for performance awards . I have a clean record and want to keep it that way lol
First off performence award is slang for ticket!

Second, I see your problem. Biggest thing fighting you is that you will still be viewed as a rice rocket so therefor the cop already thinks you're speeding regardless.