PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Motorcycle Fest?

Bob
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.midwestmotorcyclefest.com/default.asp

Am I reading this right? You have to pay to get see any part of this event? That sort of sucks. We need something like a Biketoberfest or Bikeweek where you can see and do a ton without it costing a dime.

Wonder how hard it would be to talk a community into allowing something like that? In this economy I'm guessing not a chance in Hell without them wanting to charge for police and everything else.

zamochit
06-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I will probably hit this event up as well as Muskegon. Hoping that atleast one event this year will be a good time.

I may even go to Sturgis, but its gonna be a last minute load and go thing.

RedneckMedic
06-28-2010, 12:07 AM
i think a weekend camp would be a blast if they had a better variety of events going on and not so pricey. next year i want to go to thunder in the valley not too far from home for a weekend trip heard from some people it was a great time last weekend

telecast
06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Wonder how hard it would be to talk a community into allowing something like that?

Probably not too hard, but then you'll end up with another underattended, poorly promoted, crappy local bike event. I'd rather pay $20 to go to this and have a full day of things to do.

The cost isn't all that bad, especially if you go advanced sales. The price for an RV is cheap by comparison, a whole weekend of camping and 2 weekend passes for $100 isn't that bad. Even a State campground is $20 a night for semi-modern, over $30 a night for full hookup.

Bob
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I agree the price is not too bad for what you get. But it'd be nice to have a large event like the two in Daytona. Because we know how it goes here. Pay $20 to get in to find out that they have 4 bikes at the show or it's just all new dealer stuff.

Rider
06-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Looks like fun but I'll be on a fishing charter on Lake Michigan that weekend.

Bob
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like fun but I'll be on a fishing charter on Lake Michigan that weekend.

Salmon?

Gas Man
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I hear what you're saying Bob but you have to have something like this in full awesome tilt before you can even imagine getting something like Daytona.

Either way it don't matter, I'm working that weekend so I'm out.

Bob
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I hear what you're saying Bob but you have to have something like this in full awesome tilt before you can even imagine getting something like Daytona.

Either way it don't matter, I'm working that weekend so I'm out.

Yeah, it'd for sure need to start off really small and just sort of grow. I like what they have going on in Daytona because you got the races, demo rides, manufacture and some of the popular builders over at the speedway, then you got all of Main Street and whatever each business has going on, and then you have stuff at Destination Daytona and everywhere else. So you have so many choices of stuff to do and most of the stuff is pretty cheap if not free. I'd just be ticked off to drive to the Silverdome, pay, and then find out there are a handfull of bikes to see. It doesn't seem like they are promoting this at all either. I just happened across it on facebook by accident. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope it's a huge success.

Gas Man
06-29-2010, 02:30 AM
I remember hearing about it in years past. But not anything lately, like you said.

The only problem with the silverdome ride is that there isn't anything good about it..

Rider
06-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Salmon?

Yeah, out of Ludington.

Bob
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I've never been Salmon fishing. I get so freaking sea sick on the big water so I just never went. LOL

Rider
06-30-2010, 07:59 AM
I've never been Salmon fishing. I get so freaking sea sick on the big water so I just never went. LOL

I've been in 26ft seas before when I was in the Navy, nothing makes me sea sick. LOL

Bob
06-30-2010, 12:10 PM
I've been in 26ft seas before when I was in the Navy, nothing makes me sea sick. LOL

I had to wear the ear patch on a huge cruise ship. LOL