PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist reply

Bob
06-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Here is a reply I got for my Drifter ad on Criagslist:

I love how this kid thinks the Drifter is a collector's item for some reason. The freaking bikes where like $7K new and depreciated like any other vehicle. LOL

It came from this email so if any of you know this guy let me know. Feel free to shoot him an email and waste his time too. LOL

Dennis Kelsey <dkelsey1982@yahoo.com>

I wouldnt pay $1k for your bike. Stop advertising it as a drifter. This way drifter owner/collectors like myself, wouldnt feel the need to let you know your a complete moron for removing all of the unique characteristics of a bike that is a collectors item. Now you have an ugly over priced bobber project gone wrong. Next time pick a bike thats a dime a dozen to customize. RETARD. My offer for your bike is $750 cash take it or leave it

vortech302
06-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Awesome. You should have the guy come out just to waste his time

telecast
06-27-2010, 07:44 AM
That's one of the downsides of craigslist. Yeah, you have access to millions of people for free, but they also have access to you. I got a few similiar responses when I was selling the Sportster. One guy said it was an ugly POS and he wouldn't give me $250 for it. I didn't respond, even though I wanted to. Sometimes spammers and scammers do that to get a response, and your email address.

Anytime you do major modifications to a bike like you did to the Drifter you're taking a huge risk on resale. It may be the way you like it, but that doesn't mean it will appeal to anyone else. I'm not a fan of the 'live to ride' stuff you see all over the place. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't care for it. One guy was advertising a bike for sale and made it a point to say there was $3,000 worth of 'Live to Ride' already on the bike. He assumed everyone else likes it and he had done all the work and ate all the costs. I would've had to spend another $3,000 to take it all off.

The guy is rude and stupid, no doubt about it.

alhall88
06-27-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm with ya on that one, every time I see a gold eagle and live to ride emblem I throw up a little bit in my mouth

Bob
06-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Awesome. You should have the guy come out just to waste his time

Should have him come out and beat on him. LOL What cracks me up is these idiots think they are tough behind an email. Took me 2 minutes to figure out who this dude was and his address in Commerce Township and that he's on a 2001 Drifter 1500. LOL Morons.

Bob
06-27-2010, 10:31 AM
That's one of the downsides of craigslist. Yeah, you have access to millions of people for free, but they also have access to you. I got a few similiar responses when I was selling the Sportster. One guy said it was an ugly POS and he wouldn't give me $250 for it. I didn't respond, even though I wanted to. Sometimes spammers and scammers do that to get a response, and your email address.

Anytime you do major modifications to a bike like you did to the Drifter you're taking a huge risk on resale. It may be the way you like it, but that doesn't mean it will appeal to anyone else. I'm not a fan of the 'live to ride' stuff you see all over the place. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't care for it. One guy was advertising a bike for sale and made it a point to say there was $3,000 worth of 'Live to Ride' already on the bike. He assumed everyone else likes it and he had done all the work and ate all the costs. I would've had to spend another $3,000 to take it all off.

The guy is rude and stupid, no doubt about it.

is that what the gold accessories are you see on a lot of HD's?

telecast
06-27-2010, 10:33 AM
A lot of times. There are others, but LTR is usually accompanied by a gold eagle.

snofrog
06-27-2010, 04:37 PM
tell him you accept his offer as you need cash then when he arrives give him a hard time . well you and all your friends lol

Gas Man
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm with ya on that one, every time I see a gold eagle and live to ride emblem I throw up a little bit in my mouth

Agreed.

tell him you accept his offer as you need cash then when he arrives give him a hard time . well you and all your friends lol

Agreed. I'll come over to help.

Frankenhippie
06-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Called on an ad on CL earlier in the year. Guy was looking to trade for a Buell and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to tear mine down for my project so I was looking at options. Anyway, this guy said he'd give me $1K trade-in value on my 2001 X1... period! I told him that was way below what they were going for and his replay was that he'd sold his X1 just 6 mos earlier for $1200 and he wouldnt pay more than that. My response was that I'm sorry I missed out on that deal cuz I woulda offered him $1K and ripped him off too if he was that stupid! We agreed to disagree and hung up. What a tool! LOL

Sounds like you've found a relative of his there. LOL

Bob
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL Sometimes CL is nice and easy but usually I get all of the tools.

junkyardjon
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Should have him come out and beat on him. LOL What cracks me up is these idiots think they are tough behind an email. Took me 2 minutes to figure out who this dude was and his address in Commerce Township and that he's on a 2001 Drifter 1500. LOL Morons.

now thats some funny shit LOL. you should ride by his house a couple times on the bike. better yet ask his neighbors if they seen him around then leave. i bet they'll tell him some guy been asking about him LOL