PDA

View Full Version : Good day for a Downriver ride?

Bob
06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking of trying to put together a weekly meet or met and ride for us Downriver guys. I'm curious as to what days work best for everyone. Usually for me it's early morning Saturday or Sunday. I was thinking meet up at like Elizabeth Park or something and either hang out or go for a ride somewhere.

Gas Man
06-24-2010, 11:32 PM
That would be cool. EZ Park would be nice or you could make it one step better and just go for the A&W just outside it. That way people could get somin to eat there, or at the custard place across the street. Maybe stop in and talk to the manager at the A&W.

Bob
06-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah that could work. There is a concession stand into EZ park too though. They actually have a decent selection if I remember correctly.

Gas Man
06-25-2010, 09:20 PM
But they wont have custard and/or root beer floats.

Bob
06-25-2010, 09:33 PM
I think they do have custard. At least they used too. But probably no floats. :)

Gas Man
06-26-2010, 12:51 AM
I luv me some frozen custard...

Dirty
06-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me. Be cool to meet every1.

Weekend mornings work out best for me, also. Haven't been to Elizabeth Park since I was a kid. Meet and ride sounds good, maybe stop somewhere for lunch. Can't do this weekend, going camping with the family.

I can do weekday evenings but by the time I get home from work it would usually be between 6 & 7 o'clock before I could meet up with anyone.

telecast
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
If it pans out I'll try to attend. Dirty, I'll go straight Oakville Waltz from my house, we could meet up somehwere along there if it's on your route.

Bob
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me. Be cool to meet every1.

Weekend mornings work out best for me, also. Haven't been to Elizabeth Park since I was a kid. Meet and ride sounds good, maybe stop somewhere for lunch. Can't do this weekend, going camping with the family.

I can do weekday evenings but by the time I get home from work it would usually be between 6 & 7 o'clock before I could meet up with anyone.

Cool deal! We'll get something going soon.

Dirty
06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Sweet, sounds good. Hey telecast, my sub is right on will carleton between telegraph and I275, so you will be shooting right by my place on the way in. We'll definitely figure something out once we have a day set in stone...

telecast
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Sounds good!

RedneckMedic
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
ya evenings work best for me 2 especially like a tuesday evening or so