PDA

View Full Version : Boat junkyards

wango
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Anybody know of any good boat junkyards? I need some parts for a 1988 Bayliner Capri 19ft Cuddy. I'm looking for a side window, I can find them on ebay, but the people act like their holding a piece of gold in their hands, or they want ridiculous amounts to ship them. A recent storm blasted a tree limb through mine.

Rider
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Anybody know of any good boat junkyards? I need some parts for a 1988 Bayliner Capri 19ft Cuddy. I'm looking for a side window, I can find them on ebay, but the people act like their holding a piece of gold in their hands, or they want ridiculous amounts to ship them. A recent storm blasted a tree limb through mine.

I know those old windows are hard to find. I have an 89 Arriva(made by US Marine, the same people who make Bayliner). I've looked and they are very expensive and nearly impossible to find. iBoats.com usually has a good selection boats parts, you might try there.

horrorbusiness
06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Is the frame jacked ?
If not, get a peice of glass cut.
There is a place in Harrison township, the ole guy has a shit ton of old boat parts. I can recall the name, it's at South river and Jefferson. There is a boat dealership across the street from the place. It used to Be McMachon Sea Ray.

Bob
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I was going to say to try a couple of your local glass places.

snofrog
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
in Erie Mi there is a boat junkyard under the watertower . this is extreme se mi . sorry I dont have any contact info .

wango
06-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the help, I'll check out the guy in Harrison first. I've heard of that place before but didn't know where it was.

Having glass cut for it it would be tough, the glass is curved from top to bottom, not flat.

zamochit
06-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Wango pm me the year and type of boat and I will see if I can get one thru work at the body shop. If not I know a few glass guys that maybe able to cut one if you can't find one.

Todd

horrorbusiness
07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Rode my happy ass to Harrison twp, Tom's Marine Hardware.

SportstersPaul
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
There's also a place on the southwest corner of Marine City Highway and Starville Road , I'll try to get a name or phone number. You can still try a run through the marinas up the west shore of the Lake many have "old" boats they just want out of there! May get lucky and score something!

wango
07-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for all the info. I found a guy on craigslist up by Saginaw that sold me all the glass for the whole boat for $50. Good to go now, thanks again.