PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

telecast
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Tornado siren just blew again. That's the 5th or 6th time this year. One night it went off 3 times. It didn't go off at all for the last two years.

Stay safe.

RoadZombie
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, just got home about 20 mins ago from dinner with the gf. When I got off the Wixom exit from 96 it looked fucking gnarley down towards ya. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

telecast
06-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Take cover downriver. We've had two confirmed funnels, one is heading toward you guys. Just heard one touched down in Romulus.

RedneckMedic
06-23-2010, 11:47 PM
ya its nasty here right now for sure but they just canceled the tornado warning as im typing this

Gas Man
06-24-2010, 12:53 AM
It got F'ed up around here... but I don't take cover... I stand outside and watch. If they make a funnel, then I will go below ground so I don't end up laying abt 6' nappy.

Mad Dog
06-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Damn, you guys got some nasty weather. The same storm rolled thru here about 3AM but as usual the lake tamed it down a lot. Hope all is well.
I'm with ya Gas. I love standing outside and watching that shit roll in.:eek:

telecast
06-24-2010, 08:58 AM
The siren went off 4 times last night. If I'm counting, that'd be 9 or 10 times since the night Dundee got hit.

Driving into work this morning I passed where the tornado went through. I really didn't see much of anything. One big spruce tree blown over, some branches, one telephone pole down, but it was all spread out, none of it looked like it was from a tornado, just wind.

Last night while watching channel 2 radar storm stuff a guy that was driving in Romulus called in to the station. He was describing a tornado touch down somewhere around Wick Road. He kept talking about how much damage, and he could see the tornado. There was a siren going off in the background. I haven't heard anything about it since. Maybe a joker having a laugh on the wetaher guy?

I'm the same way. The basement is a last resort, I like to watch it. Last night was classic. The heat and humidity were almost unbearable. Thunder and lightning off in the distance, getting closer with every strike.

Rider
06-24-2010, 10:25 AM
It went south of us but we got pelted 2 nights ago. Sirens went off for an hour.... at 1:15AM!

Bob
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
My garage did not flood this time so I was happy.

snofrog
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
we got heavy rain and a wicked good light show . the sirens were going off for a while . the kids never woke me after I went to bed so it must have stayed quiet after midnight :)

telecast
06-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Siren just went off.....again.

This is getting old.

RoadZombie
06-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Just hearing thunder out this way. Looks kinda dark to the south. I hope it actually rains here...its such a shitty looking day. Don't really want to risk doing anything, but also don't want to just sit around the house all day if it doesn't at least rain a bit. Only get 2 days for the weekend ;-)

telecast
06-27-2010, 03:17 PM
We stood outside as the storm skirted us to the northwest. We could see the rotation, an area would start spinning, clouds would start pulling down and forming, then it would break up and another area would start. We watched it do that over and over for about 1/2 hour.

The good news is after it passes the air gets nice and cool.

snofrog
06-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I just got kicked off of Lion oaks golfcourse by Millford after the sirens went off . figures ... I was having a good round :D

Bob
06-27-2010, 06:52 PM
My garage flooded with this last storm. Sort of sucks but whenever we get a big storm it happens. I built a french drain that helps but it just can't handle the big downpours.

Mudpuppy
06-28-2010, 03:19 PM
didn't see but 5 minutes of rain all week down south.. it was awesome..