PDA

View Full Version : Talk about embarrassing

vortech302
06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
So I go to get my hair cut. I'm getting ready to pull out my bike and I look over at the ex's bike (the Ninja 250 that I'm having all the issues with) and I think to myself that it has been a couple weeks since I've messed with it, I'll ride that and see how it's running. Well, it ran as expected which is to say it ran crappy, but I get to my barber shop and there's a Sportster 1200 sitting there. Nice looking bike... that belonged to an attractive older lady. Here I am riding this bike that is the polar opposite of mine, I couldn't even bring myself to say "nice bike" for fear of what she'd say.

telecast
06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
See? You shoulda' bought my Sportster!

Thruxtonbill
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Really?

snofrog
06-21-2010, 06:53 PM
See? You shoulda' bought my Sportster!
he`s already riding on a 250 and you want him to go SLOWER ? :D

Bob
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
She probably thought it was a 1200cc rocket.

vortech302
06-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Tele - Probably should've in hindsight, my bike is too fast at this point
Bob - You had one, it's fun to ride but this one idles at 5k and hasn't been washed since it left the showroom

Bob
06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Tele - Probably should've in hindsight, my bike is too fast at this point
Bob - You had one, it's fun to ride but this one idles at 5k and hasn't been washed since it left the showroom

I miss mine often. 70+ mpg was really nice. LOL What year is the one you have? Even if you adjust the idle screw it idles that high?

vortech302
06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
It's an 07, I'm gonna pull the carbs and clean them but it just hasn't been a priority. I can't unchoke it when stopped to adjust the idle screw, and playing with it once I'm going to see if it helps when I stop hasn't fixed it.

Bob
06-23-2010, 08:02 PM
It's an 07, I'm gonna pull the carbs and clean them but it just hasn't been a priority. I can't unchoke it when stopped to adjust the idle screw, and playing with it once I'm going to see if it helps when I stop hasn't fixed it.

If you want to bring it by and I can help just give me a call man.

vortech302
06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
F'n deal, you're gonna wish you hadn't said that haha

RedneckMedic
06-23-2010, 11:14 PM
its a 250 so pick it up shake it around while its upside down with some seafoam in it and you should be good to go.

nah just playing hopefully you get it going. we should all join forces and have a 2wheel wrenching day and get this thing going.

vortech302
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
its a 250 so pick it up shake it around while its upside down with some seafoam in it and you should be good to go.

nah just playing hopefully you get it going. we should all join forces and have a 2wheel wrenching day and get this thing going.

Man I appreciate that but I'd hate to see all that effort go into something that she'll probably barely ride. I think part of the reason I've been dragging my feet on it is cause when we talk about it the conversation goes "So when are you going to be able to fix my bike?". How about you at least come outside and do 5% of the work since my bike runs just fine and I could be out riding that. I would probably settle for a thank you to be honest.

Bob
06-24-2010, 08:16 PM
F'n deal, you're gonna wish you hadn't said that haha

If anything we can at least rag on it. haha But for real, I can try and help. I know a little about the 250's.