PDA

View Full Version : new here

bob vulcan 900
06-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Came across this site by luck i guess. Very cool to see a site for us here in Michigan. Me and the wife both have bikes and do a lot of riding up in the thumb area. We can say for sure michigan has some of the best places to ride. So am a newbie to this site and look forward to reading and posting here. We both have vulcan 900,s nice bike but lacks a little on them e way rides but for country back road rides there are great. But very cool site guys

Thruxtonbill
06-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the biggest collection of MC misfits on the internet.
I can say here in S/E Mi we have some of the worst roads I have ever seen.
Enjoy your stay here and watch out for Oscar and Felix errrr Gasman and Mudpuppy.

telecast
06-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome aboard. Where are you from? Let's see some bike pics!

Gas Man
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome and what Bill says is 99% all true. I'm 20 miles south of Detoilet and I hate this area. It is home but I still hate it. It sucks.

Oh and he's right about who to watch out for... That mud guy is somin else! :D

Mudpuppy
06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
welcome..

collection of misfits is right..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgHCZWoMwm4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgHCZWoMwm4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bob vulcan 900
06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
thks guys:D living in warren but true the roads down here suck. So me and the wife always head north up to capac, Emmett,bad axe, and sometimes just for a long days ride to caseville the roads are different better up. there is a lot of paved back roads up this way mostly blacktop so not to bad. And most of the time we own these roads very little traffic. Always fun to find a new road we never been on. As for pics of the bike will get them up soon. as for the bike its not to bad when with the classic like the Harley look just at this time with having to get 2 was the best price i could do. One thing about these bikes is there are great for the 50 t0 60 mile an hour range but at that 75 there just dont have the balls to haul its not that that cant do i have don't it a lot just wish there would have put in a 6th gear maybe a add in a new pulley. But just want to spend to much on these as for sure will be looking soon for more power.

NinjaGirl
06-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the site!!!

Mudpuppy
06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
thks guys:D living in warren but true the roads down here suck. So me and the wife always head north up to capac, Emmett,bad axe, and sometimes just for a long days ride to caseville the roads are different better up. there is a lot of paved back roads up this way mostly blacktop so not to bad. And most of the time we own these roads very little traffic. Always fun to find a new road we never been on. As for pics of the bike will get them up soon. as for the bike its not to bad when with the classic like the Harley look just at this time with having to get 2 was the best price i could do. One thing about these bikes is there are great for the 50 t0 60 mile an hour range but at that 75 there just dont have the balls to haul its not that that cant do i have don't it a lot just wish there would have put in a 6th gear maybe a add in a new pulley. But just want to spend to much on these as for sure will be looking soon for more power.

i get up that way a few times a year.. last year i rode up to port austin for labor day.. seemed like a good idea to jump on the bike after work and ride to the thumb - that is until it was 11pm with a full moon and surrounded by corn fields.. i'll admit i was a little skered.. i deer hunt up in the thumb and the population is up quite a bit up there.. i also buy a 1/2 a cow from ubly once a year.. my wife has a lot of family in the thumb.. and i used to work in warren so i know the area fairly well and yeah not too many good roads.. a few good bars though..

Bob
06-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the forums from another Bob and another Vulcan owner. :)

Frankenhippie
06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Welcome aboard... as far as who to watch out for.... I've been spending some time this morning catching up ..... laughing my ass off, which is exactly what I needed today too. This is a really great place to hang out. ;)

doughrek
06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome aboard from one vulcan 900 owner to another.

vet6567
12-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I just ran across this sight myself. I had a 900 Vulcan I bought in the fall of 08 and sold it in the spring of 09. Your right not enough at highway speeds. Always reaching for another gear around 60 mph. As soon as I sold the 900 I purchased a new 07 1600 classic. It runs great at highway speeds. It's a beautiful bike.

Bob
12-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I just ran across this sight myself. I had a 900 Vulcan I bought in the fall of 08 and sold it in the spring of 09. Your right not enough at highway speeds. Always reaching for another gear around 60 mph. As soon as I sold the 900 I purchased a new 07 1600 classic. It runs great at highway speeds. It's a beautiful bike.

Welcome to the site!

My 800 was the same way. I'd be in fifth and still try and kick it into another gear that didn't exist.