PDA

View Full Version : Apple

Bob
06-13-2010, 09:35 PM
I finally made the switch from Windows to Mac and I must say, I should of done this years ago. We've been wanting a Mac for about 3-4 years now and finally got a Mini. I've been tooling with it all weekend and love it!

RedneckMedic
06-13-2010, 10:14 PM
congrats it makes life easier

Gas Man
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Man I checked into a good mac laptop... but damn. I can't see spending 3 times as much.

alhall88
06-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Once you go mac you'll never go back. I've been running a macbook pro for close to 3 years and not once has my laptop locked up on me. No problems at all it's never been in the shop and I have never gotten any virus.I also refuse to install any program that has anything to do with microsoft, because once you learn the mac software you won't need it.

Mudpuppy
06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
i had a big mac (value meal) over the weekend - does that count?

Bob
06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Man I checked into a good mac laptop... but damn. I can't see spending 3 times as much.

I used to think like that but for what you get a Mac is sooo much better in my opinion. I mean Windows still comes with Paint for crying out loud and their Movie Maker is horrible. The Mac OS comes with some nice stuff already and it's not cheesy junk and their software is like 1/3 the cost of Microsoft's if you wanted. Not to mention I had to pay $150 to upgrade from crappy Vista to 7 and at the same time Apple's upgrade to their new OS was $29. It's well worth the price for sure.

Bob
06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Once you go mac you'll never go back. I've been running a macbook pro for close to 3 years and not once has my laptop locked up on me. No problems at all it's never been in the shop and I have never gotten any virus.I also refuse to install any program that has anything to do with microsoft, because once you learn the mac software you won't need it.

Amen to that!

Gas Man
06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
IDK... its a tuff thing to swallow... the prices... I mean I could buy 3 blank brand laptops with ms in them. 3 of them!! Use it for 2yrs, throw it out and get a new one.

Bob
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
IDK... its a tuff thing to swallow... the prices... I mean I could buy 3 blank brand laptops with ms in them. 3 of them!! Use it for 2yrs, throw it out and get a new one.

And what you paid for that HD you could of gotten 3 Jap bikes. LOL I can't say it enough, a Mac is very worth every penny. Look at Office 2010 that was released this week. $279! You can get Apple iWork for like $70 shipped or $40 when you buy a new Mac.

Gas Man
06-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Touche touche

Mudpuppy
06-16-2010, 02:15 AM
HD vs Jap bikes is apples and oranges though.. I could buy an Italian sport bike that cost far more than an HD.. but different animals.. in regards to computers you get what you pay for and according to what I know the mac far outperforms the pc.. Is that the case of an HD vs a Jap bike? Depends on your definition.. Mine would be no because an HD doesn't do what I want it to - like handling, etc. As far as cross country trip - yes.. Comfort - yes.. performance - no.. so i have to make an incorrect correction clarification here..

Bob
06-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Touche touche

But I was with you a couple years ago. Swore never to get an Apple because of the cost but after having a bunch of bad luck with Windows i had to switch. LOL

Oh and of course after I got the Mac Mini they came out with the new Mac Mini 2 days later. LOL

Bob
06-16-2010, 08:49 PM
HD vs Jap bikes is apples and oranges though.. I could buy an Italian sport bike that cost far more than an HD.. but different animals.. in regards to computers you get what you pay for and according to what I know the mac far outperforms the pc.. Is that the case of an HD vs a Jap bike? Depends on your definition.. Mine would be no because an HD doesn't do what I want it to - like handling, etc. As far as cross country trip - yes.. Comfort - yes.. performance - no.. so i have to make an incorrect correction clarification here..

I just like razzin Chris.

Gas Man
06-16-2010, 11:26 PM
But I was with you a couple years ago. Swore never to get an Apple because of the cost but after having a bunch of bad luck with Windows i had to switch. LOL

Oh and of course after I got the Mac Mini they came out with the new Mac Mini 2 days later. LOL
They need to offer a rental/trial program. Maybe once I use it, I would buy into the idea.

Bob
06-16-2010, 11:32 PM
They need to offer a rental/trial program. Maybe once I use it, I would buy into the idea.

Actually if you go to an Apple store you can sit down at one for as long as you want. A couple years ago we actually sat down with an Apple rep for over an hour just seeing what all it could do.

Mad Dog
06-16-2010, 11:36 PM
I live for a good crash.:eek: Just don't happen very often for me. Oh well.
Guess I'll just keep my 9, soon to be 10 year old Dell.
Damn, that thing sure is big though!

Gas Man
06-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah maybe I'll try it... but will sitting down with one for an hour make me a believer? I was thinking like a month with it may.

Mudpuppy
06-17-2010, 01:10 AM
I just like razzin Chris.

yes i concur.. its one of my favorite past times as well.. been doing it for years.. took awhile to break him in but he is like the golden goose now ready for the plucking..

Gas Man
06-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Fuck you guys very much! :D

Mudpuppy
06-17-2010, 12:58 PM
we love you cupcake..

now go put the kool aid on your cheeks and take it like a man.. or at least the girly man you are..

Gas Man
06-17-2010, 04:23 PM
we love you cupcake..

now go put the kool aid on your cheeks and take it like a man.. or at least the girly man you are..
Right after you lick it dearest.

Bob
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah maybe I'll try it... but will sitting down with one for an hour make me a believer? I was thinking like a month with it may.

I'd say 15 minutes tops and you'll want to toss your Windows. LOL

Gas Man
06-18-2010, 09:04 AM
OK BRING IT! I will try yours. :D

Bob
06-19-2010, 08:44 AM
OK BRING IT! I will try yours. :D

Deal!