PDA

View Full Version : Sno frog, hope you're ok

telecast
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Figure you're without power, log in when you can and let us know you're ok!

Gas Man
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I heard you guys been getting rocked up there. See what happens when I leave.

redrider
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
yea it was a tad bit nasty .

snofrog
06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
TaDAAAAAA . it was a wild ride . we are fine here . it missed my house by 3 or 4 miles to the north . I was in dundee 1/2 hr after it happend and it looked pretty messed up

telecast
06-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Glad you made it through! We're about 8 miles to the north, didn't even have a leaf out of place when I woke up Sunday.

meinschaft
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Northville got pounded Friday night, a bit after 9 p.m. I had pulled my wife's car into the driveway because I was in the garage installing a slick new CF chain guard. The garage door was open and I was watching this awesome storm come through when it started hailing - bad. The hail was about golf-ball size and there was a lot of it. Only took a few seconds for me to realize the wife's car would be damaged, so I ran inside to grab the keys. My wife had the presence of mind to warn ME about getting injured from the intense hail. I jumped in her car and backed it into the garage; the noise inside her car was like being in a trash can with someone beating on the lid. I'm amazed her windshield was not cracked. Fortunately the hood and roof are not full of dents.

The storm lasted maybe 3 minutes; then it got completely still. For the next hour, we listened to police/fire engine sirens all over Northville. Oh, did I mention the electric power went out? It did not come back until a few minutes before 9 p.m. on Saturday, 24 hours later. Any of you who are on a well know what no electricity means.

Saturday morning we drove around Northville. Lots of big trees down, sidewalks lifted up from trees blown over, some houses damaged. Nothing like what happened to Dundee but no fun, either.

Mudpuppy
06-08-2010, 02:31 PM
strange - the last couple of years plymouth and northville get the blunt.. and past history shows plymouth is a tornado magnet and bad storm magnet as well.. must be something about that general area.. remember the twister last year that ripped down 5 mile through plymouth-northville-livonia?

wrath
06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Glad you guys are ok down there...you southerners seem to be getting the brunt of the bad weather... up north (snow belt) we didn't get hardly any snow last winter, I plowed twice and the snowmobiling sucked. Took a trip to Ypsi and they got hammered.
We get sprinkles and you get hail.........

snofrog
06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Glad you guys are ok down there...you southerners seem to be getting the brunt of the bad weather... up north (snow belt) we didn't get hardly any snow last winter, I plowed twice and the snowmobiling sucked. Took a trip to Ypsi and they got hammered.
We get sprinkles and you get hail.........
yep , snowmobiling sucked this year . the best snow of the season was in December and I decided to wait :eek:

Mudpuppy
06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
looks like a bad ass sled there sf - what size is the engine?

i just read up in popular science about a new rear drive sled that improved gas mileage by like 70% and improved torque, etc. sounded bad ass.. just some self-taught engineer who started out by drag racing an old sled or something..

snofrog
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM
looks like a bad ass sled there sf - what size is the engine?

i just read up in popular science about a new rear drive sled that improved gas mileage by like 70% and improved torque, etc. sounded bad ass.. just some self-taught engineer who started out by drag racing an old sled or something..
lol thanks . its just an 800 . we are discussing that sled right now over on sled mi

Mudpuppy
06-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Here is the article, pretty interesting: http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2010-05/invention-awwards-faster-safer-snowmobiling