PDA

View Full Version : Saw a bonehead move Friday

Doug
05-30-2010, 06:48 AM
I was at Sec. of State in Taylor. I don't know how many of you are familiar with it, but it's in a long "strip mall". Alot of glass store fronts. This long straight building has a decent over-hang off the front for people to walk store to store without walking in "weather". This over-hang is of course supported by columns and these columns are probably 8 to ten feet away front the face of the building.

Just past these over hangs are a row of "straight in" parking spots so if you can get one, you're right up close to the store.

So I'm standing in this walkway in front of one vacant space smoking and texting....

And I hear some guy on his bike reving his engine as he rides up behind me. Suddenly, the guy blows right past me-riding his full dress whatever within this over-hanged walkway.

Now, he wasn't hauling ass, but he was riding too fast to stop when some old guy came walking out of the Credit Union, and Bam!

Handlebar, glass door, and old man all meet together in a surprise instant that scared the hell out of everybody, not too mention all the people who were trying to walk into and out of different stores.

I continued to watch the bonehead, because I was having trouble understanding what he was thinking, and not only did he not apologize the the old man, or ask if he was ok, but it turns out he was simply after one of the front row parking spots, and wanted to end up in that spot facing out.

This guy rode past 6 stores trying to get to that spot, not just a few feet. Alot of people were jumping and dodging out of his way.

Nobody seemed to be seriously hurt. And no major damage. But damn.

Not all the boneheads are in the cages....

Thruxtonbill
05-30-2010, 08:24 AM
So, let me get this straight, you mean the guy was on the sidewalk?

Gas Man
05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
YOu must be talking about the one on Ecorse just east of Telegraph.

Remember where you are as well.

Bonehead for sure.

Doug
05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
So, let me get this straight, you mean the guy was on the sidewalk?

Yes.

Then when he got to the parking spot he liked, he turned left, down the little 6 inch curb (no parking blocks.) and into it, then parked, facing out for easy exit. :rolleyes:

The guy brushed right past me, but my back was to him and I was occupied with my phone. So I heard him revving the engine so people would here him, and it registered in my brain a bike was nearby, but it never occurred to me to turn around and scan the "sidewalk/walkway" for a rolling bike.

GM; very good point.

wango
05-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Shitheads like that give us all a bad rap. Dude I would have ripped him a new one.

I was down to Sterling State Park yesterday and some punk kid driving in front of me throws an empty potato chip bag out the window of his truck. When he parked I pulled up and told the fucker to go back and pick it up. He started to smart off then changed his mind and went back and picked it up. I hate people that think they are only ones on the planet.