PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget your sunscreen

Lumpy
05-24-2010, 04:37 AM
It was beautiful last Thursday so I rearranged my work schedule so I could get some ride time in. From Flint I ended up over in Lexington (west coast of the thumb) and headed north on 25. I put 260 miles on and had a great time.

The bad part was that I was just wearing a Tee shirt and my arms got sunburned all to hell. I was fully expecting to be blistered but nothing so far. Its 3 days later now and parts of it still hurt when touched.

Consider this a PSA from a dumbass who should know better. Throw some sunscreen in the bags and use it.

telecast
05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
I spend a lot of time outside so I'm usually pretty 'seasoned' by the time thie weather hits. But my wife, not so much. When we left Hell yesterday she couldn't decide if she should wear her jacket and roast or take a chance on getting burned. She opted for taking a chance on getting burned. We stayed on back roads on the way home so not too bad, but yes, a bottle of sunscreen will be standard issue from now on.

Gas Man
05-24-2010, 08:25 PM
SPF 15 in the saddlebag

SPF 40 in the tourpack.

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 12:06 AM
SPF-0....and was on the bike from 9am until around 9pm. Playing hooky was fun, but it's already pretty painful. I look like a Maine lobster. I feel ya Lumpy. LoL

Mudpuppy
05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
I prefer leather.. the ozone hasn't depleted enough to penetrate through my full gear yet..

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I was "squid'n" it today...but still woulda ended up with a red-ass-neck. Although I did wear my vest, so I wouldn't have had any arm meat left if I went down...but my man nipples would still be pristine.

Lumpy
05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
For the love of God man, please never bring up "man nipples" again. (shudders)

:D

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
LoL...Just sayin! Wouldn't wanna sand those off on the pavement.