PDA

View Full Version : Stingers Bike Nights

RoadZombie
05-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Just looked at their website and they're doing their Thursday bike nights again. I used to hit these almost every week last summer. They're never huge (in my experience), but it's always good people and usually a good band playing, cheap drinks and good food (cheap as well!). If anyone is interested, let me know!

...actually thinking of heading up there now. ;-)

Gas Man
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Stingers?

RoadZombie
05-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Yep. Went up and had a couple beers and listened to a pretty cool band. Caged it, but was still better than the alternative. ;-) It tends to be my "usual" hangout. Nice little dive without being a total shithole.

Mudpuppy
05-17-2010, 11:15 AM
yep i will be hitting that up soon.. maybe this week?

RoadZombie
05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm down. Probably hit there a bit after work and then take a short ride afterwards.

NinjaGirl
05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Boomers is Thursdays too. Which one is better?

RoadZombie
05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Better in what way? LoL I prefer Stingers...its smaller and the "regulars" actually bathe. Boomers is WAAAAY bigger, but I dunno if I'd consider it better. Then again, I'm not really one for huge crowds.

NinjaGirl
05-17-2010, 01:02 PM
What if we hit Stingers and then hit Boomers? And the ride is in between. Is the weather supposed to be decent this Thursday?

RoadZombie
05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Girlie, I like the way you think! ;-)

Chris300s
05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Yep. Went up and had a couple beers and listened to a pretty cool band. Caged it, but was still better than the alternative. ;-) It tends to be my "usual" hangout. Nice little dive without being a total shithole.
Saturday night? We were there on the bikes for dinner.

Chris

RoadZombie
05-17-2010, 01:47 PM
No shit! Ha! Yeah, I was there Saturday night keeping a barstool warm. Didn't get up there until around 9-9:30-ish though.

RoadZombie
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
What if we hit Stingers and then hit Boomers? And the ride is in between. Is the weather supposed to be decent this Thursday?

Just realized that was a question, and not a statement about the weather. LoL Last I checked, from Wednesday on it's supposed to be great weather. Slight chance of rain today...better chance tomorrow, and then sunny and near 70 the rest of the week.

Mudpuppy
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe we could meet up at Stingers then head to Boomers? Weather is supposed to be great on Thursday.

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 01:51 AM
I may be game! A bit of a jump but not bad.

Chris300s
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM
No shit! Ha! Yeah, I was there Saturday night keeping a barstool warm. Didn't get up there until around 9-9:30-ish though.
We were at the first table in front of the band. I was on the yellow sporty, dad on his red softail and our buddy howard on his glide.

NinjaGirl
05-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I may be game! A bit of a jump but not bad.

Gas, have you made it out to Boomer's yet? I think you should come check it out. It's a pretty big bike night.

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah Gas it's right up your assless chaps wearing alley..

Houston I have an issue - might have to stop off at BW3s in Livonia before Stingers because there is a going away party for some co-workers who were recently let go.. I reckon I should leave work early (will have to come in late to make up for it), head up there for some wings, hand out some crying towels and head out on the highway to stingers..

NinjaGirl
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM

Houston I have an issue - might have to stop off at BW3s in Livonia before Stingers because there is a going away party for some co-workers who were recently let go.. I reckon I should leave work early (will have to come in late to make up for it), head up there for some wings, hand out some crying towels and head out on the highway to stingers..

We will wait for you to hand out the crying towels.

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
that is mighty gracious of you.. i will see who else, like leatherneck who never posts, actually i finally talked him into signing it up, he signed up, read some posts and hasn't been back, to see if he wants to go.. aeryck will probably go if he isn't already busy.. I will call Super.. and whomever else..

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Gas, have you made it out to Boomer's yet? I think you should come check it out. It's a pretty big bike night.

I have not

Well that's good I guess. I just hope its da women wearing those.

But I'm out for this week. Getting my new car thursday night...

horrorbusiness
05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah Gas it's right up your assless chaps wearing alley.. Houston I have an issue - might have to stop off at BW3s in Livonia before Stingers because there is a going away party for some co-workers who were recently let go.. I reckon I should leave work early (will have to come in late to make up for it), head up there for some wings, hand out some crying towels and head out on the highway to stingers.. All chaps are assless otherwise they would be pants.

RoadZombie
05-19-2010, 04:09 AM
That's what I tell people too Horror. But I think he means chaps with a man-thong. ;-)

Mudpuppy
05-19-2010, 10:54 AM
No my issue is Gasman likes to wear them sans pants.. he thinks chaps are pants.. cover that shit up no one wants to see it..

RoadZombie
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Haha! Assless AND ball-less. I just ate lunch...I think I just tasted it again.

Mudpuppy
05-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Well I should be pretty much set for stingers/boomers.. just spent some time in the lab and macgyver'd up a mount for the rear camera.. it's quite a contraption.. but it will serve the purpose.. now just have to stick a mount on the right front fairing i reckon for the front camera.. the suction cup has me a bit worried.. probably just needs some alcohol on the cup and the bike cleaned up but i like the angle so going semi-permanent..

NinjaGirl
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm in for tomorrow, we just need to decide on a time at Stingers.

aeryck
05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
In as well, I'll have my cam rolling too.

horrorbusiness
05-19-2010, 07:01 PM
It's about a 20 mile ride to stinger's, I'm prolly talking shit but I'm a going to try to come check it out. The scenic route does not include orchard lake.

aeryck
05-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Pity, orchard lake is fun if you pick it up from pontiac trail and head north into keego harbor.. that route puts you north of all the fscked up construction they're doing on it.

horrorbusiness
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Pity, orchard lake is fun if you pick it up from pontiac trail and head north into keego harbor.. that route puts you north of all the fscked up construction they're doing on it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=48346&daddr=49110+Grand+River+Avenue,+Wixom,+MI+48393-3349&hl=en&geocode=FUTsiwIdbuwG-ymhi6vXZJckiDG8GNhEdmLS8Q%3BFTpniAIddGAF-w&gl=us&mra=ls&dirflg=h&sll=42.60141,-83.42762&sspn=0.252206,0.670853&ie=UTF8&ll=42.606674,-83.482361&spn=0.252185,0.670853&z=11

RoadZombie
05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm in for tomorrow, we just need to decide on a time at Stingers.

I figure you and I can meet up there whenever (being so close and all)...probably 6-6:30 like normal and we can just hang out until everyone rolls in. By that time I'll have downed 4 or 5 sliders and be good to go. :D

...wished I didn't have a list of things to take care of as long as my arm or I may have wound up there tonight. Didn't even get on the bike today...damn hangover!

Oh! And Horror, the plan is to wander over to Boomers after Stingers anyways. You could just meet us up there if you want. PM me your number and I'll text (or call if you're anti-texting...) ya when we're heading out that way.

Mudpuppy
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds good to me - see you at Stingers at 6pm.

RoadZombie
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
See ya there homie!

aeryck
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Nice ride tonight guys/gal. Might not be able to make it next week.

NinjaGirl
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Had a blast! Can't wait to see the videos.

RoadZombie
05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
...just be sure to cut out the part where I tried to take off in 4th and proceeded to hang up in neutral. Video editing for the win! *smacks forehead*

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 12:31 AM
good ride.. what do you mean can't make it next week? i think i am going to go to hell next week.. i am hoping paragon still meets out there..

aeryck
05-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Well, I'm on call through next thursday, and any riding I do would have to be local.. We'll see how it goes though, I might be able to head out and just have to split early if a call comes through.

metrogtiguy
05-21-2010, 01:09 AM
You'd better make it man! And I hope you guys got that accidental wheelie on video on our way out from Boomers. I hit it pretty hard and there was a bump in the intersection that made me do a pretty big one!

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
"The bump made me do it!" ...likely story! LoL

Hrmmm...just checked the weather...I just may ride the bike down to Columbus after all. I'll have to check about 20 more times today just to be sure. Sunday morning in Hocking Hills would be a blast...it was fun as hell in my Probe GT, can only imagine how much fun it'd be on the bike...especially on new tires.

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
You'd better make it man! And I hope you guys got that accidental wheelie on video on our way out from Boomers. I hit it pretty hard and there was a bump in the intersection that made me do a pretty big one!

it was pretty late last night after it was all said and done when i finally had time to sit down and watch raw footage.. so i breezed through it.. overall looks really good.. i will check that portion for the wheelie..

aeryck - if you put any footage on youtube let me know and i can strip it from there and add to my footage to put together another magical masterpiece.. either that or i can bring my footage over and we can work together on imovie.. either way.. i was going to mess with it today since i am at work and have nothing better to do..

aeryck
05-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll just lend you my sd card so you can get the raw footage... but the hd one shoots in h.264 encoded .mp4 files.. I dunno if wmm can import those. Either way we can collaborate.

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Started toying around with ideas for a mount myself. Might have even more raw footage on the next ride. ;-) Going to build a "prototype" Monday probably. I took the day off along with a buddy from work, so we'll be out on the bikes for a better part of the day. As good as a time as any to put it through a test run. Only thing I'm worried about is the vibration. Softails do have a balanced engine, but there is still definitely vibration present...especially through a solid or semi-solid mount.

NinjaGirl
05-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I've decided from now on we should meet at Stingers, have a beer and ride. Boomer's isn't really all that great, ya know? A bunch of Hog riders standing around bragging about how much they paid for their overpriced, obnoxious bike (no offense RZ and Leatherneck). :) We could go north or west or meet by Mudpuppy and Aeryck.

Thruxtonbill
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
standing around bragging about how much they paid for their overpriced, obnoxious bike.

Ninjagirl is now my favorite person on TW.:p

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh, I'm offended! LoL Definitely agree. I can cage it to the bar to stand around listening to a bunch of blow-hard inbred wastes of a perfectly good orgasm. Hell, I do it 40+ hours a week already. I didn't buy an "overpriced, obnoxious bike" to wear out the soles of my shoes. Keep lighting that fire girlie and I'll start leading rides by the motto I rock when I ride distance, "We don't stop 'til the tank is empty and if it takes longer than 5 minutes to fill up and piss, your ass is being left behind." ;-)

...not really a fan of "Bike Nights" in general. Paying $20k+ for a bike just so you can ride to the bar is pretty ridiculous in my book.

metrogtiguy
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.maydaysc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/1312_1024x768-300x225.jpg

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.maydaysc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/1312_1024x768-300x225.jpg

Fixed ;-)

NinjaGirl
05-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Ninjagirl is now my favorite person on TW.:p

Awes, thanks!!!!

aeryck
05-21-2010, 03:40 PM
...not really a fan of "Bike Nights" in general. Paying $20k+ for a bike just so you can ride to the bar is pretty ridiculous in my book.

$20k? Hell, my ZX-6R was only $6500 =]

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I only paid a little over $9k for mine, but dressers are in the $20k+ range. To steal NinjaGirl's line, "Maybe when I'm 60." ...but probably not then either. The day I pay more for a bike than I'd spend on a car/truck somebody will definitely need to take a thermometer to hell and verify it has indeed frozen over.

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll just lend you my sd card so you can get the raw footage... but the hd one shoots in h.264 encoded .mp4 files.. I dunno if wmm can import those. Either way we can collaborate.

that was my other idea.. and as far as format it's not a problem.. i can work with any format anywhere in any time zone while defusing a bomb with a gun to my head high on methamphetamines and heroin...

i am going to use windows movie maker for this one again just for a quick fix.. then when we get a really good ride in i will start getting serious.. we need to get away from oakland county.. 35mph speed limits, lots of people and lots of sheriffs don't enthuse me.. i prefer open road, no people, a barn here and there, some cows and the occasional party store in the middle of nowhere..

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 04:04 PM
for $20k i can buy 4-5 bikes that are worthy of my thrashing..

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I've decided from now on we should meet at Stingers, have a beer and ride. Boomer's isn't really all that great, ya know? A bunch of Hog riders standing around bragging about how much they paid for their overpriced, obnoxious bike (no offense RZ and Leatherneck). :) We could go north or west or meet by Mudpuppy and Aeryck.

Yes we can definitely meet at Stingers.. Then head Southwest from there.. I can show you the promised land.. if we get a 6pm start we should have a good 2 to 2-1/2 hours to hit some good roads and be back to main thoroughfares before the wildlife starts populating the back roads..

bike nights are ok - i like to meet new people and see all the bikes.. maybe a bite to eat.. but not an extended period of time like ride 20 mins to a bike night then stand around for 4 hours.. last night wasn't bad we didn't dwell too long and leaving boomer's when we did there was still enough light to get decent video..

but yeah i think i am done with boomer's.. location wise it's not optimum for any decent riding.. as we left there i was scanning through my pea sized brain on what road to take from there.. i thought about heading farther west than hospital road but then thought hmm if i do that then what road to take? so i punted and just took that way.. that stretch on newton road isn't bad if that damn mini van fu*ker wasn't c-blocking me but there are a few too many houses there..

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Started toying around with ideas for a mount myself. Might have even more raw footage on the next ride. ;-) Going to build a "prototype" Monday probably. I took the day off along with a buddy from work, so we'll be out on the bikes for a better part of the day. As good as a time as any to put it through a test run. Only thing I'm worried about is the vibration. Softails do have a balanced engine, but there is still definitely vibration present...especially through a solid or semi-solid mount.

ok quadruple post - all relevant though - but a new record..

a new mount for what camera? if it is a go pro then vibration is not a problem.. we have proven that theory.. and a standard camcorder is fine too if the mount is decent - here is an awesome video from a standard camcorder at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) track day where vibration and extremes were at their maximum at well over triple digits fast corners, etc. Maybe you have seen this video and if so watch it again because its that good and MP said so.. and if not prepare to be amazed:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6G2Rce2CKLY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6G2Rce2CKLY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And if you get raw footage and give it to me I can throw it into the mix - like a blender - and come up with a delicious masterpiece - like a scrumptious smoothie.. i have more ideas than time.. and any ideas you have throw them at me and i will add them in as well.. at the end of the year there will be a 90 minute crazy mayhem filled mockumentary about riding motorcycles, etc. because MP said so.. i am looking for any and all input.. and i am just doing it to do it.. no real goal of selling movies or becoming famous or anything.. just something i want to do..

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I have a standard digital cam with video capture. It'll be rigid clamp mounted to my drag bars, isolated with a sandwich of rubber tubing and possibly a rubber isolator we use here at work to keep our radiators isolated from support struts (so long as the bolt size and thread pitch is correct).

I'll definitely toss ya the raw footage. While I am technical and can explain at great lengths about how a variable geometry turbocharger works or fabricate a mounting system for damn near anything, when it comes to anything artistic...it's best left in the hands of someone else.

Mudpuppy
05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
yes an mentally corrupt morally unsound criminally insane individual such as myself..

i believe in violent pacification..

when you are done toying with that digital cam and you are done rocking the range get a go pro and life will be much easier - no rigid clamps or rubber tubing required..

but any footage is good footage imo.. i still need a mount for the other camera - 2 mounts have failed..

RoadZombie
05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Actually looked at GoPro's awhile back, didn't really see the benifit over what I have now for my application. I actually kind of prefer my ghetto-billy mounting idea. Puts the cam right on my handlebars and sturdy as hell. Once it's screwed on it isn't going anywhere.

On a side note, with all of NG's talk of Iron Pony in Columbus I went on their site this morning at work....SOMEONE is getting new tires this weekend. Tires far better than the shitty H-D Dunlops I have now, and probably at 1/2 the price. Next time we ride, I'll be sporting a pair of Avon sport tires. Woohoo!

NinjaGirl
05-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Iron Pony is the greatest motorcycle store in the world!! We should all take a field trip there.

RoadZombie
05-22-2010, 02:28 AM
I'll be there in...*finger math*....9 hours or so. LoL

Haven't been there yet, but just from their prices I agree. MSRP for the shitty Dunlop I have on the rear now is $160-170. The Avon I'm picking up, $139. Think when I was looking around other places they were going for $180-190. The front was like $150...Iron Pony, $109. I love it and I havent even been there yet. LoL

....I really should get my ass to bed!

telecast
05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Man, you guys are brutal.

(no offense RZ and Leatherneck).

Or Mad Dog, or Gas Man, or the bagger/cruiser guys on here, or the Big Dog guys, or...me?

I only paid a little over $9k for mine, but dressers are in the $20k+ range. To steal NinjaGirl's line, "Maybe when I'm 60." ...but probably not then either. The day I pay more for a bike than I'd spend on a car/truck somebody will definitely need to take a thermometer to hell and verify it has indeed frozen over.

By the time you're 60 a car will be $50k, so no worries!

Gas Man
05-22-2010, 12:56 PM

NG... have you ever rode a harley? There is a huge amount of reason why they are more money. I'll be willing to show you some day... I've probably got more tech on my HD than you do on your car.

Chain
05-22-2010, 01:39 PM

:(

Really? WTF?!?!?!?!:mad: Don't go to any bike shows..... you hate peeps with show cars too? Or every day driving classics? Pretty ignorant to paint everyone with one broad brush.....NO I take that back it's not ignorant, its stupid!

Thruxtonbill
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Pretty ignorant to paint everyone with one broad brush.....NO I take that back it's not ignorant, its stupid!

I reread her post, she did not say everyone, she said some hog riders at boomers.
Truth is, she could of been a little more diplomatic but I do know what she's talking about. I really don't care what you ride, it's your money, you can buy whatever you want, thats the American way.

In the HD culture there sometimes is a superior attitude, I have seen and heard it many times. I have heard it from nonmotorcyclist as well, (how come you didn't buy a HD?) a testament to great marketing but HD.
Now we can dig a little deeper, are you a BIKER? or are you a motorcyclist, and just because you ride an HD does not make you a biker.

In my younger days I was ridiculed for riding a riceburner, even got into fights because of it (now thats stupid). I have also met some very cool people who just happen to ride a Harley, so, broad brush... no. but I do think that non HD riders take more shit then the other way.

I can appreciate a chromed out chopper that someone has actually put lots of time and money into, some are genuine works of art. I also can look at a tasteful bagger and say "ya know that looks comfortable, I could do a 700 mile a day on that thing".

I do not want to speak for NG (have never met the girl) but I will say that all of us non HD riders, at one time or another, have been looked at like we don't really count, are bikes are not of the same caliber, simply not true.

Gas Man
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I hear ya bill. I never take it wrong. I think that many just don't under the HD thing. I won't strike back in anger or anything. I just want to hear why and then I can work on disproving him/her.

Thruxtonbill
05-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I just want to hear why and then I can work on disproving him/her.

And that I can appreciate, and not to sound like a smart ass but, I would like to ride a Harley with good brakes cause everyone I have ever rode did not.

I also don't want to start a border skirmish. The reason I came to this forum to start with is because of the diversity of MC owners, Hell I think thats cool.

One thing we can all agree on is today is a really shitty day to ride.

seatmaker
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
:(

Really? WTF?!?!?!?!:mad: Don't go to any bike shows..... you hate peeps with show cars too? Or every day driving classics? Pretty ignorant to paint everyone with one broad brush.....NO I take that back it's not ignorant, its stupid!

Agree

Mudpuppy
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
NG... have you ever rode a harley? There is a huge amount of reason why they are more money. I'll be willing to show you some day... I've probably got more tech on my HD than you do on your car.

tech is cool - on a car - speed and 51.2 degree lean angle is mo better - imo anyways..

but to each their own.. any 2 wheels is good by me.. i just prefer to ride what i ride.. i ride with a wide variety of bikes all the time.. everyone just rides their own ride and it's all good.. i also wave to any and all bikes..

i think NG's statement was misconstrued.. it wasn't really a bash on harleys or any other type of bike.. it's more of a critical comment about people that buy a very expensive bike and then ride it 5 minutes to a bike night to just hang out all night.. which is not my preference but if that makes them happy then go for it.. what she is really getting at is more riding less hanging out.. and she is a new rider so i would have to assume she is very enthusiastic about riding since she just started in august.. that's my take on it..

but back to business - stinger's in as starting locale and boomer's out.. at least for the LAKERS WOS REDLINE WAR crew and anyone else that wants to join us.. with the old WAR crew we used to change the end location every week.. maybe we should do that - hell this week.. we can talk to the godfather of WAR - Paragon - and get his input on the weekly deal.. that is if he is there.. i heard rumors he will be..

RoadZombie
05-24-2010, 08:06 AM
By the time you're 60 a car will be $50k, so no worries!

LoL Touche' man. The equivelent of a stripped down Ford Focus at that. Inflation blows.

I'll still probably stick to something like my Softail anyways. In 2 hours or less, I can convert it into a basic tourer (bags...cushier seat..."trunk"...windsheild), but I can also keep it light and "naked" like it is now when I'm not traveling. Just my preference.

RoadZombie
05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I reread her post, she did not say everyone, she said some hog riders at boomers.
Truth is, she could of been a little more diplomatic but I do know what she's talking about. I really don't care what you ride, it's your money, you can buy whatever you want, thats the American way.

In the HD culture there sometimes is a superior attitude, I have seen and heard it many times. I have heard it from nonmotorcyclist as well, (how come you didn't buy a HD?) a testament to great marketing but HD.
Now we can dig a little deeper, are you a BIKER? or are you a motorcyclist, and just because you ride an HD does not make you a biker.

In my younger days I was ridiculed for riding a riceburner, even got into fights because of it (now thats stupid). I have also met some very cool people who just happen to ride a Harley, so, broad brush... no. but I do think that non HD riders take more shit then the other way.

I can appreciate a chromed out chopper that someone has actually put lots of time and money into, some are genuine works of art. I also can look at a tasteful bagger and say "ya know that looks comfortable, I could do a 700 mile a day on that thing".

I do not want to speak for NG (have never met the girl) but I will say that all of us non HD riders, at one time or another, have been looked at like we don't really count, are bikes are not of the same caliber, simply not true.

Agreed 110% Bill. I bought mine for many reasons...it's American made (at least final assembly...but then again so are most Hondas), I can comfortably put 200+ miles a day on it, and most importantly; the aftermarket is HUUUUUGE and serviceability is 2nd to none...no waiting for parts to be ordered, they're normally in stock.

That said, everyone has their own reason for riding what they ride. I'll never understand the superiority complex that a majority of H-D riders have (generally speaking...think pretty much everyone here does NOT fall into that majority) and frankly I don't care to. It's not "what you ride" it's "that you ride" in my book.

Mudpuppy
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Houston we had a problem.. I believe I have figured out the root cause too.. You see Friday I was working on the video files, and of course when working on them I typically smoke crack - root cause (but also the solution) - so I dropped my external hard drive with all the video files that I just spent 2-3 hours on. But because I was high on crack I left a back up copy of the raw files on my other computer. So all is not lost I just have to start over again (more time before the video is done). All I lost was the old hard drive from a worthless compaq. But I will take it out skeet shooting and video tape that.

NinjaGirl
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I apologize if I offended the Harley guys. I didn't mean to. I really was referring to the people at Boomer's. Or most of the people at Boomer's. I don't even know you guys, Gasman, Telecast, etc. So I have no opinion of you. I'd like to meet you someday.

The reason I joined this board was so I could find people to "ride" with. Harley, ricer or whatever. The guys I was riding with were the Harley guys I was referring to. Get on bikes, ride for five minutes and stop. I think I even mentioned that in my first post. That is the epitomy of Boomer's. And funny enough the guys I was riding with go to Boomer's.

Most of the people I have riden with are on Harley's. I'm usually the only sport bike. And I've never had a problem with it.

One thing I've noticed about this board is that the kind of bike you ride has never been an issue, but that you're on a bike. That's how it should be. So again, I'M SORRY GUYS!!!!!!! I was TRYING to refer to the peep's at Boomer's and it didn't come off that way. That is also why I singled out RZ and Leatherneck (because they were at Boomer's).

Don't be mad at me!!!!!!

NinjaGirl
05-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh and I'm not stupid or ignorant. I just perpetuated a stereotype that I'm sure we have all done a time or two.

I actually drool over HD V-Rods and Nightrods all the time. Can't afford one though. ;)

Chris300s
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Don't worry about it. I ride a Harley and I got what you were saying immediately. I also happen to agree with you 100%. You just have to understand that sometimes we can be a little sensitive because we catch anti-HD shit all of the time and "RUB" nonsense from our own ranks.

Chris

telecast
05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
The guys I was riding with were the Harley guys I was referring to. Get on bikes, ride for five minutes and stop. I think I even mentioned that in my first post. That is the epitomy of Boomer's. And funny enough the guys I was riding with go to Boomer's.

Most of the people I have riden with are on Harley's. I'm usually the only sport bike. And I've never had a problem with it.

That's a great explanation. You know, I had your statements figured as a product of your environment. Relative neophyte, riding a sport bike, young, and just echoing what you're sport bike riding friends were saying.

As it turns out they were definitely a product of your environment, but it was from your own experience riding around with short hoppers. I can respect that.

I got stuck in a short hopper situation last week. People called: "Hey we're going out for a ride and then dinner, want to go?"

"Sure. Where should we meet."

"We'll come down to your place. We'll be there around 6:30, ride for an hour or two and stop somewhere to eat."

"Sounds great."

6:30. 7:00. 7:30. They finally roll in at ten minutes to eight. Everyone's hungry, just wanted to eat dinner.

"Where are you planning to eat?"

"Down in Dundee."

Nice. A whole 8 miles away. If I hadn't had the bike out and ready to go for the last hour and a half I would've stayed home and ordered pizza.

We go, we eat. They decide a better way home is opposite from whence they came, so my wife and I head home by ourselves. Got in a whopping 16 miles that day, ate dinner at 9:30.

Never again.

Chain
05-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Not mad here.... just sick of stereotypes....... I don't have a Harley any more, but will have one again. I do ride however, and not important what. Some here know. No biggy to me, we ride with all types. Don't matter to me either.... short hoppers?!?! ICK! We do rides it better be 150 plus. Or we go our own way. No hard feelings, Just took me the wrong way I guess. All good!

metrogtiguy
05-24-2010, 02:00 PM
What sucks is, those "hardcore" harley bikers make everyone else look bad. I've not only had harley guys just refuse to do the wave because I'm on a jap bike, but I've had them harass me at gas stations, and flip me off! The a-hole who decided to harass me at the gas station... Well, karma hit him when his bike wouldn't start after he filled up, haha. But yea, a lot of the hardcore Harley guys are assholes, just like the squid-rocket riders are assholes. Every group has it's turds :D

Mudpuppy
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
http://lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rodney_king.jpg

The moral of this story is fuck the bullshit let's ride. If it has 2 wheels it's all good.

Thruxtonbill
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
The moral of this story is fuck the bullshit let's ride. If it has 2 wheels it's all good.

Word!

Thruxtonbill
05-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I actually drool over HD V-Rods and Nightrods all the time. ;)

hehe....... you said RODS! :D:D:D:D

Mudpuppy
05-24-2010, 05:30 PM
awesome - good catch..

Gas Man
05-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Oh and I'm not stupid or ignorant. I just perpetuated a stereotype that I'm sure we have all done a time or two.

I actually drool over HD V-Rods and Nightrods all the time. Can't afford one though. ;)

Stereotypes... it's all fun and games till somebody looses an eye.

Don't worry about it. I ride a Harley and I got what you were saying immediately. I also happen to agree with you 100%. You just have to understand that sometimes we can be a little sensitive because we catch anti-HD shit all of the time and "RUB" nonsense from our own ranks.

Chris

I agree. Don't worry about it. I ride a harley and will probably own nothing but a Harley or custom by me. I think they are one of the best bikes built. I base this on ownership but more over wrenching in my garage. I hate workin on metric bikes. HD's are engineered by riders for riders. That is the best way of discribing it. Certainly some will argue that it don't matter with the metrics cause you don't work on them often. Blah Blah.

I hate the RUB line. However, I find myself a far cry from it. I don't think a RUB can be a straight definition. I certainly look the part, I'll give you that. But I believe I hold tighter to the line of a biker than most. Being a biker is my only hobby/lifestyle beyond working. But I know some that really qualify.

What sucks is, those "hardcore" harley bikers make everyone else look bad. I've not only had harley guys just refuse to do the wave because I'm on a jap bike, but I've had them harass me at gas stations, and flip me off! The a-hole who decided to harass me at the gas station... Well, karma hit him when his bike wouldn't start after he filled up, haha. But yea, a lot of the hardcore Harley guys are assholes, just like the squid-rocket riders are assholes. Every group has it's turds :D

Every crew of bikers thinks they are better than the next. It's just the way it is. I tend to get along with most.

NinjaGirl
05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
hehe....... you said RODS! :D:D:D:D

I love the rods!!! ;)

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 12:31 AM

Quoted for truth. It goes all ways. No matter what you ride, SOMEONE is always going to have an opinion. Ride what you want to ride and fuck everyone else. The minute they start paying the note...for gas...for tires...and maintenence for your bike, then their opinion matters. Otherwise, anything coming out of their mouths is purely verbal diarehea and can be treated as such. Every person on a bike has it because that is what they wanted...or they figure "it might not be exactly what I want, but it gets me on 2 wheels and that's all that matters", which is an even better attitude.

Funny you had a gas station incident. I had some guy try to start shit with me at the gas station just today (in a car none-the-less), I just looked right at him and said, "If you buy whatever bike you think I should ride, I'll ride it. Otherwise shut your cock-holster and get in your gooney-goo-goo mobile and fuck off." He chose the later. I must be imposing. LMAO. I was sunburnt at the time...maybe lobster-flesh scares him!

Mudpuppy
05-25-2010, 12:34 AM
if 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does the 5th actually enjoy it?

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Maybe if they were previously constipated. *shrug* Ain't nothing a couple Imodiums can't handle.

Gas Man
05-25-2010, 08:46 AM
verbal diarehea
cock-holster

Quoted for awesomeness!!

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 08:48 AM
LoL You'll be using those later. Haha!

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
New video is done just waiting for it to upload..

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Without further adieu here is the latest video:

http://www.vimeo.com/12058359

RoadZombie
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
There ya go Gas Man, that's what you're missing out on Downriver ;-)

Great job as always on the video MP!

meinschaft
05-26-2010, 05:54 PM

That's good, dude. Really good. Very creative.

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks. I am just getting warmed up. Right now is play time. By the time Summer officially starts (June 21) I will be in full over drive on this project.

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM

I loved it!!!! Very cool. I feel like a movie star and I didn't want it to be over. So, my alleged line crossing was when we were going straight?? AND for the record, I don't think I saw a car in front of you Harley's on Oakley Park, my Dear RZ!!!!

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Oh and a shout out to Aeryck, who has a hott foot!!!! :D

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
lol.. it was a double line cross.. i never said in the turns.. and there was one other time but i didn't find it on any of the video.. but i would say overall riding with you twice a++ riding for riding since august.. i have been known to cross a double yellow and also the white line like 1/4" from the side of the road too..

seatmaker
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Weather pending, I will be there tomorrow

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 09:31 PM
lol.. it was a double line cross.. i never said in the turns.. and there was one other time but i didn't find it on any of the video.. but i would say overall riding with you twice a++ riding for riding since august.. i have been known to cross a double yellow and also the white line like 1/4" from the side of the road too..

Thanks!!! Coming from you that means a lot. And at least one of those crossing the line moves I did was to see why we were going so slow. :D

RoadZombie
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM
AND for the record, I don't think I saw a car in front of you Harley's on Oakley Park, my Dear RZ!!!!

I was still doing 40 or 45 at that point...in a 35. ;-) But I'm still sticking to my car theory anyways. LoL It was further up there...out of sight of the camera...and Harleys aren't known for their brakes (or good tires in my case Haha!)

RoadZombie
05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
...but i would say overall riding with you twice a++ riding for riding since august.

LoL that's what I've told her too. She rides better than a lot of "seasoned" riders I've ridden with.

...Finally got to watch it in its entirety. Wished the lense wasn't smugged during the parking lot drive through. I saw a lot of quick glances but missed the looks of disgust. Ain't classism fun?!

Excuse me while I go practice that curve on Newton Road. LoL Never been down that stretch of road before...still didn't do too bad keeping up with ya though, for being on a 650 lb. pig on tires in need of replacement. Definitely leaning towards a 600cc sport bike for my next project. They don't have the power of a 750 or a litre-bike, but damn do they handle nice!

Oh! and song request for next time..."Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter. ;-)

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 11:42 PM
i was coasting through that turn.. i got impatient and didn't wait long enough for that soccer mom in the crossover to creep through the turns.. and i really don't endorse, condone or recommend trying to keep up with me or anyone else on any ride.. just ride at a pace you are comfortable with.. there is no trophy.. otherwise you will end up like the double blind hadley crew.. Especially riding in the Pinckney Rec area.. trying to keep up will only get you in trouble.. with that said from my perspective it didn't appear anyone was breathing down my neck through those turns and looking at the video i had slowed way up after to let everyone catch back up ;) i think NG said you were holding her up.. and a 600 sportbike is a perfect bike for the twisties.. you really don't need anything more than that.. just depends what you want to do.. if you do decide to go that route i recommend doing some track days.. i rode dirt bikes my whole life.. then started riding dual sports.. then graduated to street bikes.. i thought i knew how to ride, that is until i was humbled at my first track day.. i learned more in one day at the track then i did my entire riding career through riding dirt, street, both, books, classes, MSF, etc.

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 11:46 PM
oh and duly noted on song request.. good choice.. i will definitely find a way to fit that in..

RedneckMedic
05-27-2010, 12:18 AM
looks like a blast wish i didnt work til 730 on thursdays or else i would b out there for sure.

RoadZombie
05-27-2010, 01:00 AM
i was coasting through that turn.. i got impatient and didn't wait long enough for that soccer mom in the crossover to creep through the turns.. and i really don't endorse, condone or recommend trying to keep up with me or anyone else on any ride.. just ride at a pace you are comfortable with.. there is no trophy.. otherwise you will end up like the double blind hadley crew.. Especially riding in the Pinckney Rec area.. trying to keep up will only get you in trouble.. with that said from my perspective it didn't appear anyone was breathing down my neck through those turns and looking at the video i had slowed way up after to let everyone catch back up ;) i think NG said you were holding her up.. and a 600 sportbike is a perfect bike for the twisties.. you really don't need anything more than that.. just depends what you want to do.. if you do decide to go that route i recommend doing some track days.. i rode dirt bikes my whole life.. then started riding dual sports.. then graduated to street bikes.. i thought i knew how to ride, that is until i was humbled at my first track day.. i learned more in one day at the track then i did my entire riding career through riding dirt, street, both, books, classes, MSF, etc.

Preaching to the choir Brother Puppy! LoL The cardinal rule is ALWAYS know your and your bike's limits. Haven't hit the track yet, but have been riding street bikes since I was 16 on all sorts of different bikes...from a Ninja 250 up to a GL1500 Goldwing. No matter how bad ass I may or may not be, I can tell you for a fact that I'll never be able to keep up with you on the Softail...it's a totally different animal. My bike weighs probably close to twice what yours does with about 1/2 the contact patch size on the front tire...not factoring in suspension...geometry...tire compound...etc etc etc. It's still fun to ride close to that line at a safe and responsible distance every now and again. ;-)

I feel ya on the soccer mom-mobile too...my worry was more "Will I be able to slow down quick enough before I'm through her back window?"...again, I have to factor in inertia...the fact that dragging my boots on the pavement would be more effective than my brakes...LoL Well aware man, well aware. If I do end up getting a 600 to play on, I'm sure I'll end up on a track at some point. ;)

aeryck
05-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Oh and a shout out to Aeryck, who has a hott foot!!!! :D

Just the foot? That's not what you said last night ;)

aeryck
05-27-2010, 04:16 AM

Nice job on the editing! Now I just gotta come up with more mounting spots. Not so sure if I liked the perpetual ankle view from my rear-facing side mount.

Mudpuppy
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah definitely need some more mounting spots for sure.. In the next video I am doing from my WSL ride I had the helmet cam going which I think would be great on a group ride.. I might put a mount for the gopro on the rear as well.. i have a couple more permanent mounts.. next ride we have to get a camera passing each other shot.. and i agree not sold on the rear facing side mount.. i like part of the bike in the shot for perspective but anything else detracts from the shot.. i do like the front mounting option on the side mount though.. it would be nice to have a small suction cup that is identical to the permanent mount and also a small monitor so you can instantly see how it looks before mounting..

NinjaGirl
05-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I thought both foward angles were the best shots and I liked the side of the bike in the shot as well. That's feedback from a viewer and fan. :)

RoadZombie
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
I liked the side of the bike in the shot as well.

Agreed. It's gives an awesome perspective. You capture what's in front of you along with the action of the front suspension...the road whipping by underneath. It really is a cool angle. Kinda reminds me of some of the on-board shots they do in Formula 1 or Indy car.

Mudpuppy
05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Looking for any and all feedback for sure.. Maybe we can figure out a rear view perspective that is similar.

And fans are always a bonus :)

RoadZombie
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM
If anyone is headed out this evening, have fun. I saved all my BS running around for today since it was SUPPOSED to be crappy today. ...not too thrilled with that decision now. Doh!

Although...I might be able to bungee cord the 40# bag of dog food to my bike...as long as we pass a Pet Supplies Plus, I'd be golden! LoL

Mudpuppy
05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
no riding for me tonight.. daughter had a track meet and soccer.. by the time i got done running her around it was time to pick her back up.. didn't get home until 8:30.. would have been a good night to ride.. oh well soccer is over june 6 so that will free me back up on tuesdays and thursdays..

Fishman
05-27-2010, 11:28 PM
oh man just caught this thread...if any one goes next week.. 6/3 I'm in..I live 10 minutes from there..

Mudpuppy
05-28-2010, 02:16 AM
glad you posted the date because that definitely is going to be a problem for me.. i planned on going but that is my 5th anniversary so no go.. i might go out on the bike but it will be 2 up to dinner with mrs. mp and i..

Gas Man
05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm glad I didnt go last night... go whalloped last night abt 9pm with a storm.

Next week I'm out cause Wed morning I head south on the scoot.

Mudpuppy
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm glad I didnt go last night... go whalloped last night abt 9pm with a storm.

Next week I'm out cause Wed morning I head south on the scoot.

where are you off to now? another bike trip?

Gas Man
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
where are you off to now? another bike trip?
Yep. Riding dwn to GA to stay, then over to SC and AL. Then on my way back north staying with some friends in Knoxville. Fig gone for 7 days and 2k miles.

Mudpuppy
05-28-2010, 10:14 PM
awesome.. have a great time and get some pictures.. when you get back i need to schedule a day i can come over with my BIL to check out your lift..

Gas Man
05-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Cool Mud. You have my number.