View Full Version : COP shoots rider in back

Gas Man
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
All caught on vid.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7433661

Officer justified? Not?

Mad Dog
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I saw that. Says the cop can only get 11 years and $15k fine max. if convicted. He should get 25-Life. Period! How many of us would be sitting there the same way. One hand on the bar and one on or near your hip as you turn to look. How many also would be comfortable letting go of a heavy bike and putting your hands in the air. Leason learned.....Both hands on the bars. You never know what azzhole might be pulling you over.:mad:

Bob
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
The dude should of never of stopped. Never trust a cop for ANYTHING.

RedneckMedic
05-12-2010, 05:24 PM
he wont be on trial just for that im guessing the rider will be suing the cop and the city of the pd. i mean the dude is paralyzed (i think i would rather be dead) ya so what the guy turned around and brought his arm back. that cop was not justified in this shooting. if so the next guy that gets shot reaching for his wallet to get his id that gets shot the leo in that shooting will get off too. these cops are a little too trigger happy if you ask me.

RoadZombie
05-12-2010, 06:14 PM
There is absolutely no justification. His hand was in plain sight...he wasn't making any sudden moves. He simply turned to look back at the officer. I agree with Mad Dog...25-life. I was waiting for a sudden move...or some other stupidity on the rider's part. If the officer already had his gun drawn, there was no reason for him to fire off a round so hastily. Did they say how long he was on the force? My bet is that he is a rookie...or at least still wet behind the ears.

I hope they do convict his ass...then the family sues him into his next life. Fucking jackass.

vortech302
05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
He must've seen one too many Sons of Anarchy episodes and expected the worst, not justified, and like Mad Dog said probably has no idea how much a Harley weighs

snofrog
05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Ottowa hills where this happend is a rich bitch suburb of toledo . it is well known to local bikers to stay out of there or recieve performance awards for any number of petty issues . it is also a very hot topic on the local toledo sport bike website with several of us being quite mad

Bob
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
We should all sport "FTP" decals on our bikes. LMAO We'd probably be stopped and tazered once a week.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100511/NEWS01/100510073/1001/rss01

RoadZombie
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
LoL I used to have an N.W.A. T-shirt that had "FTP" fully spelled out across the back in 6 inch tall block letters. Wish I still had it for the summer. Haha!

Bob
05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
LoL I used to have an N.W.A. T-shirt that had "FTP" fully spelled out across the back in 6 inch tall block letters. Wish I still had it for the summer. Haha!

LMAO Yeah, you'd probably get pulled over on the bike daily. haha

Mudpuppy
05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
IDK there are good and bad cops.. contrary to popular belief (because we only hear the bad stories) most cops are good.. like my friend's son in law who was murdered by a piece of shit thug wanna be who didn't want to get popped on a warrant.. the cop pulled him over and he said he didn't have i.d. because he didn't want the cop to know he had a warrant.. the cop said he would go with him to his house to get his i.d. when they got there he stole the cop's gun and shot him point blank killing him..

so in perspective cops have a shitty job to do - i wouldn't want to do it.. and they get paid dog shit to do it.. i know a ton of good cops.. used to party with some..

with that said this cop was definitely trigger happy and definitely not justified.. shit the guy was just sitting there.. i think he was in shock because his buddy just ran off the road and the other cop about ran him over.. he obviously didn't know there was a cop behind him when he took off so fast.. so he was probably sitting there trying to process all this information going on.. total bullshit that the cop shot him..

so in this case definitely FTP coming straight from the underground.. and same to all of those power abusive f'king cops that feel they are a god..

wango
05-15-2010, 09:09 AM
The jury returned a guilty verdict for the officer last night. Sentencing scheduled for June.

This whole thing makes me wonder how many cops are that loose? Probably not too many, this guy was a Barney Fife. Part time officer, part time dispatcher for Ottawa Hills. I guess I'll keep my hands up if I get pulled over.

I googled this and parts of their testimony are posted online. The victim stated that a buddy of theirs had been following them in a cage, they were all going to the same place. They were just goofing around/showing off, whatever you want to call it. They didn't know a cop was behind them. Only 3 seconds from the time the cop got outta the car until the gunshot. IMO the cop was already going to shoot when he exited the vehicle. The guy on the bike is clearly confused as to what is going on, like 'holy sht, what the hell is happening?' Then BAM, he never walks again. If the cop gets the max, it isn't nearly enough.

RoadZombie
05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree Mudpuppy. There are good and bad, just like everywhere else. We only normally hear about the bad ones because that is what "sells". For the 1 bad cop, there are probably 50+ out there that have done things most of us would be damn grateful for if we knew about them.

Luckily out in this area, most of the cops I ran across are in the "50+" group. Hell, just the other day sitting in the left turn lane I had an Oakland Co. Sheriff pull up in the next lane and tell me, "Nice bike!". Told him "Thanks!". He said "Be careful out there!" and made a right turn. Not really a big deal, but my bike is far beyond being legal in the noise department and I ride with a non-DOT skid lid. He could have been a dick if he wanted to, but he wasn't.

So yeah, just like anywhere...probably just like at everyone else's job, ya have the good and bad. I am definitely grateful for the ones that actually do live by the "To protect and serve" motto. The douchebags just in it for the power trip can still blow me.

Gas Man
05-15-2010, 11:10 PM
I honestly don't have that much trouble with cops. Heck don't even remember the last time i've been pulled over. <knock on fake wood desk>

I agree... guilty isn't enough. I bet the kid sues the city and rightfully so.

Bob
05-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I just saw on the news that the DPD just shot and killed a 7 year old girl in a house. The sad part is some cop gets killed on duty and cops come from all over the country to honor him. A cop kills an innocent person / child and it's just a regular funeral.

Mudpuppy
05-17-2010, 10:12 AM
3 seconds? wow.. yeah he obviously was going to shoot first and ask questions later.. bullshit.. give him max sentence and throw him in gen pop..

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
throwing him in gen pop.... awesome I love it! DO EEET

Mad Dog
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I'll just sit here and stare at Gas Mans new pic.

wango
05-21-2010, 09:37 AM
There is a rally/ride in Ottawa Hills this Sunday, 11am. A peaceful protest against excessive force. Here is a link.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7450953

Sucks that it is the same day as Blessing of the bike in Hell.

Thruxtonbill
05-21-2010, 01:35 PM
If the cop gets the max, it isn't nearly enough.

Agreed! To me, this is murder.

Thruxtonbill
05-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I bet the kid sues the city and rightfully so.

Oh yeah, He's gonna get paid. The fact is there is no amount of money to make up for his injuries.

Gas Man
05-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh yeah, He's gonna get paid. The fact is there is no amount of money to make up for his injuries.
Agreed!

But I don't agree with a protest. Seems like the law is going to take care of this asshole with a badge.

Mudpuppy
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
gen pop

wango
06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
He got ten years, but a couple hours later he posted 100k bond and is out of jail pending appeal, which could take several months.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100622/NEWS02/6220441

Bob
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
He got ten years, but a couple hours later he posted 100k bond and is out of jail pending appeal, which could take several months.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100622/NEWS02/6220441

Keep us posted man. Hope he gets the full 10.