PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

NinjaGirl
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
So, it's supposed to be decent on Sunday. Not crazy warm, but the sun will be out for a change on the weekend. Anyone wanna ride??? I think we should ride in honor of mother's. AND it's Steve Yzerman's birthday too. That's a good reason to ride. Let me know!!

aeryck
05-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately I'll be in Indy for the weekend, so won't be able to attend any rides. Keep your head up and the rubber down.

Mudpuppy
05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
i am seriously tempted but i will be busy all day..

jerrygsx
05-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Same here. I'd love to ride on Mother's day if only it weren't Mother's day!.

RoadZombie
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
No rain, no problem! A 10 minute phonecall to Mom has me covered. LoL

wango
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I asked my son to check the weather with his Ipod and he said it was supposed to be 67 here today. Later we found out that he clicked on the wrong town and the forecast he had actually checked was for centurino, california. So I took off, thinking that it would eventually warm up, it never did. I put about 300 on today, kinda chilly but lots of sunshine. Visited my mom, 3 aunts, one grandma, my sister and of course my wife, she rode with me for about half of it. Freaking cold at at the end.

Did a tour to your part of the mitten. Detroit, Trenton, Newport, Flat Rock and Carleton. Man there is a crap ton of construction down there right now. I couldn't believe 275 was down to one lane, that has gotta suck during rush hour. Anyway, took 94 down there and two laned it back through Waltz, New Boston, Saline, Bridgewater, Napoleon,,, etc. Nice ride, cold but we had a good time.

Gas Man
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Shit Wango... you drove right past me... I live in that whole Trenton, Flat Rock area...

RoadZombie
05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Pretty much the same story for NinjaGirl and I. It was a gorgeous day...just coulda been 10 degrees or so warmer. We ended up heading down M36 to Hell. Yup, that's right...Mothers' Day in Hell. Haha!

Gas Man
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I worked 12hrs today... no riding... grrrr

NinjaGirl
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't think of a better mother than me to go to hell on mother's day.

RoadZombie
05-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Haha! Yeah...you're just soooooooo terrible. ;-) Pffft!

horrorbusiness
05-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I can't think of a better mother than me to go to hell on mother's day.

It's "mutha"

:lol:

RoadZombie
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
...tell your children not to walk my way. Mutha...

...Sorry, Danzig moment. LoL

Mudpuppy
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
...tell your children not to walk my way. Mutha...

...Sorry, Danzig moment. LoL

and a good one at that..

NinjaGirl
05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
So RZ failed to mention that my clutch cable snapped on my way home and he had to come and be Captain-Sav-A-Ho.

I told him these were the hazards of riding with a girl. ;)

RoadZombie
05-10-2010, 01:25 PM
LoL I prefer "Captain-Sav-A-Jenn" personally. That way I still get to wear my underwear on the outside and have a badass cape, but the implication of "ho-dom" is no longer there. ;-) It's a hard job being this awesome, but someone's gotta do it!

Besides, despite popular belief, chivalry isn't dead.

horrorbusiness
05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I thought about riding with you, then I found out how cold it was so I went to see mom.

wango
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Speed shift that thang ninja !!! Of course in that traffic ya'll have down there, speed shifting would be a pain in ass.

And an attaboy to zombie for being a superhero, but the outfit will make me think twice about callin him if I break down. lol

NinjaGirl
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Speed shift that thang ninja !!! Of course in that traffic ya'll have down there, speed shifting would be a pain in ass.

And an attaboy to zombie for being a superhero, but the outfit will make me think twice about callin him if I break down. lol

He really just showed up with his big ass truck and trailer and I was too skeered to speed shift!!

Mudpuppy
05-11-2010, 12:25 AM
sorry to hear about the clutch.. bummer.. hope you get it fixed and back on the road soon..

RoadZombie
05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
LoL Wango...for you, I'll even bust out the leotard and tights. Just a snapped clutch cable. She'll be back on the road in 5 minutes once she can pick one up. I was told I only get to be a consultant though. ;-)

horrorbusiness
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
LoL Wango...for you, I'll even bust out the leotard and tights. Just a snapped clutch cable. She'll be back on the road in 5 minutes once she can pick one up. I was told I only get to be a consultant though. ;-)

I got caught in the rain, you can stop by and be captain wash-a-ho. :cool:

RoadZombie
05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Uhm...lemme see if I can get ahold of my sidekick, One Ton Tessie. She's more suited for that kinda job. Don't let the beard fool ya, she's really a beautiful woman...on the inside...kinda.

NinjaGirl
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
sorry to hear about the clutch.. bummer.. hope you get it fixed and back on the road soon..

I scored a clutch cable at Rosenau today. I will be back on the road by the weekend! And it's supposed to be nice peeps!!

RoadZombie
05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
...but shitty ALLLLLLL week long now. Great. I'm gunna be a prisoner in my own home with my sister and 2 nieces after work Thursday and Friday. I may have to be committed by the weekend. Dammit...I thought I was going to be able to "sneak out" on the bike Thursday and Friday nights. At least the bars are still open in the rain... Haha! I'm a terrible older brother/uncle.

Mudpuppy
05-11-2010, 11:07 PM
unfortunately, for me, this weekend is nfg for riding.. too much going on..

wango
05-16-2010, 08:08 PM

LMAO leotard and tights???? Well now, that changes everything. I'll just walk, or call ninja girl, she probably has that clutch cable changed by now.

Awesome day for riding, wifey and I just got back, beautiful out there.

RoadZombie
05-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Yep, we got the cable swapped Friday night. Spent a good part of the weekend riding. Finally a great weekend!

Mudpuppy
05-17-2010, 10:13 AM
yes it was.. beautiful weekend.. too bad i was busy.. i was so itching to ride damnit.. oh well plenty more coming up.. if this upcoming weekend is good i will be turning some miles for sure.. might be a late start saturday but i will definitely ride saturday - around lunch time.. i have to drive my daughter at 11am to the east side then i can come back and ride..

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Mud I feel ya. Same thing for me. Had major yard work on sat, which also requires good "riding" weather. Then Sun had to pick up a bud from jail, then MIL bday party... basically day gone down the pooper. Did flirt with one of the MIL's hot MILF friends... that was entertaining for me...

telecast
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
We were supposed to go on a nice ride Satruday. It got cancelled so we did yard work Sat., and I took my oldest daughter out for a ride, her first time on a bike ever. Sunday the wife and I met up with some friends and did a short ride, about 70 miles down around Lower Huron Metropark then on to Maybee and Dundee.

Stopped at a Thirsty's Pub on M50 in Dundee for a sandwich and beer.

WARNING: DO NOT TRY Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy! It tastes like someone filled a glass about 33% with beer then topped it off with lemonade. It looks like cloudy, nasty, yellow piss.

RoadZombie
05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
LoL Funny you say that Tele...NG loves the stuff and actually got me turned onto it. Different strokes for different folks I suppose!

NinjaGirl
05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
WARNING: DO NOT TRY Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy! It tastes like someone filled a glass about 33% with beer then topped it off with lemonade. It looks like cloudy, nasty, yellow piss.

I LOVE Summer Shandy!! I fruit my beer though. And I'm usually a beer snob. I just spent $13 on a four pack of Dogfish Head Midas Touch on Saturday. FOUR BOTTLES OF BEER!!

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't really like fruit in my beer - it's just wrong.. but I did quite enjoy the Summer Shandy.. I thought it was pretty decent for a commercial beer.. I am not a fan of any mass produced beers - which is why I just brew my own.. Speaking of which I need to make my next batch soon I am sick of drinking shit beer.. I have a honey amber ale that I am ready to brew.. just need the time or some assistants..

telecast
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I suppose it would've been ok if I'd been expecting it. When I got home I had a bottle of Sam Adams just to remember what beer tastes like!

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah Sam Adams is respectable and I really like the fact that the owner is a big supporter of home brew.. check out their website.. it's pretty sweet.. that and they always use brown bottles and non-twist off caps - 2 important steps to a great beer (or preserving a great beer).. I really like their Nobel Pils they came out with recently.. We should really start The Beer Thread, kind of like The Beer Store in Canada, eh?

telecast
05-18-2010, 12:39 PM
There's a store about a half mile from me that boasts they have the largest selection of beer in Washtenaw County. Imports, micros, locals, you name it. I don't know if it really is the largest selection, but it's a damn big cooler!

horrorbusiness
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I LOVE Summer Shandy!! I fruit my beer though. And I'm usually a beer snob. I just spent $13 on a four pack of Dogfish Head Midas Touch on Saturday. FOUR BOTTLES OF BEER!!

Manlaw, no fruit in beer !

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 01:38 PM
There's a store about a half mile from me that boasts they have the largest selection of beer in Washtenaw County. Imports, micros, locals, you name it. I don't know if it really is the largest selection, but it's a damn big cooler!

Wine Barrel on Plymouth and Middlebelt in Livonia is a good spot too.. Actually the party store by my house has a decent selection.. Tried to get them to carry Dragonmead but they never did.. So I shop elsewhere for beer.. Not that I buy a lot anyways its just the principal.. I try to brew all my own for consumption..

NinjaGirl
05-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Believe it or not, the gas station by my house stocks all kinda of microbrew. That's where I got the Dogfish Head. And they carry almost every kind of Short's. Soft Parade is the best!! And get that beer a brewin'!!

Chris300s
05-18-2010, 02:36 PM
...mmmm beer.
Saturday I needed a shake down run so we went to Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti. Sat on a couch outside and met some hairy teachers from A2. Bohemian Bliss, Ypsi Gypsi, and Sacred Cow. Everything stayed high and tight.
Sunday we shot out to Marshall for a stop in at Darkhorse. Pizza, Amber, Rasberry and Crooked Tree IPA. About 60 miles from home my stator died. Now my beer money goes towards parts.... :(

Mudpuppy
05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
...mmmm beer.
Saturday I needed a shake down run so we went to Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti. Sat on a couch outside and met some hairy teachers from A2. Bohemian Bliss, Ypsi Gypsi, and Sacred Cow. Everything stayed high and tight.
Sunday we shot out to Marshall for a stop in at Darkhorse. Pizza, Amber, Rasberry and Crooked Tree IPA. About 60 miles from home my stator died. Now my beer money goes towards parts.... :(

Ok I need better description or the cliff notes and/or some pictures - a couch at a bar outside? Hairy teachers? High and tight? :confused: