PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there II

vortech302
05-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I know Rugby went down last week, a friend of mine went down yesterday morning. He was in the right lane getting off the freeway when someone realized they were missing their exit, they came over and he went onto the shoulder, hit the gravel and laid the bike down. He hit his head and shoulder on the wall (full face helmet), I know he rides in a jacket but I can't remember if it's a leather but no rash, overall he's just sore. The bike took alot of damage, not sure if it's going to be totaled out yet.

snofrog
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
I know Rugby went down last week, a friend of mine went down yesterday morning. He was in the right lane getting off the freeway when someone realized they were missing their exit, they came over and he went onto the shoulder, hit the gravel and laid the bike down. He hit his head and shoulder on the wall (full face helmet), I know he rides in a jacket but I can't remember if it's a leather but no rash, overall he's just sore. The bike took alot of damage, not sure if it's going to be totaled out yet.
did the cage stop ? i just had a scaaaaarry one monday morning :eek: as a soccer mom tried to push me into the median

RoadZombie
05-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Well, I hope that other than the bumps, bruises, and soreness he's alright. A bike can be replaced...people, not so much.

Mad Dog
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
did the cage stop ?

Most of the time cagers don't know they f!#%ed up. Too busy on the cell phone or screwing with laptops or reading the paper or just jerkin off!:mad:
If nobody gets a plate number for ya they just continue to their important meeting at Tim Hortons!

Mudpuppy
05-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Be careful for sure:

Watching this video compilation showing the results of people running "red" lights may make you think twice about how you approach any intersection. Just because the light is "green" in your direction doesn't mean it's totally safe to go through the intersection expecting that all traffic is stopped at the red light. Some of these show that people are totally asleep at the wheel. Probably texting. This should be required viewing for all drivers, passengers, and pedestrians.
RED LIGHT RUNNERS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-qvXbIenivk

metrogtiguy
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I had some jackhole this morning turn into my lane(2 right turn lanes) onto Sheldon. I honked my horn, but she was too busy texting to pay attention... Just about pushed me into oncoming traffic! Thank goodness for oodles of torque :D

vortech302
05-06-2010, 12:36 PM
The driver didn't stop, he's not even sure if the driver knew what happened. Luckily someone saw him on the ground and stopped (it was 3AMish). That texting thing really irritates me cause that's how I see myself going down, some 16 year old texting OMG while going through a red light.

Bob
05-06-2010, 07:09 PM
That sucks man. Too bad drivers like that can't get their heads beat in when they do dumb stuff like this.

RoadZombie
05-06-2010, 10:56 PM
They can. LoL Just sayin'....

There may be some repercussions, but hey...dead men tell no tales. Haha!

Gas Man
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Like always said...

"I'd rather be judge by 12 then carried by 6!"

Mad Dog
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
They can. LoL Just sayin'....

There may be some repercussions, but hey...dead men tell no tales. Haha!

I think in some ways the civilized society we live in is just too civilized. If these azzholes lived in fear that some good old fashioned Western Justice might come their way they might act more civilized. Hope this makes sense. I just feel that if someone takes you to within inches of death there should be some repercussion! Damit! :mad:

RoadZombie
05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Ain't gotta convince me man. It's my belief that when everyone registers to vote, they should get a free handgun. Watch how quickly crime declines. ;-)