PDA

View Full Version : Went riding last night

10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
For about an hour and a half. Didn't give much thought to the temps, (or light rain) before I left, and by the time I got home my teeth were chattering in my helmet big time!* :o

Now I'm newly un-employed and have lots of ride time, but clearly going to need to dig out the long-johns and stuff now and keep them handy. I need some "less ventilated" gloves too it seems, or maybe just regular winter gloves.

First thing first though; finding my feakin' liner for my leather.* ::)

Berto
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
bummer... about the Job.

Riding time.... awesome!

detdrbuzzard
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
if i do cold weather riding i am pretty warm so i don't wear heavy gloves. when my hands get cold its time to stop get a bite to eat* and warm my hands up then head home

Gas Man
10-01-2008, 04:13 PM
You would be surprised how much even a thin pear of pj pants under your jeans will help with the cold.

Bob
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
You would be surprised how much even a thin pear of pj pants under your jeans will help with the cold.

i like the under armor type stuff to wear under my clothes.* That way if you leave in the morning and it's cold it'll help keep you warm and if it warms up it will help keep you dry and cool.*

10-01-2008, 04:52 PM

i like the under armor type stuff to wear under my clothes.* *That way if you leave in the morning and it's cold it'll help keep you warm and if it warms up it will help keep you dry and cool.*

I'm not familiar with that stuff. I use "thin" long john things now that are supposed to keep it easy to move around in and and not be big and bulky. They work pretty good IMO, and found them in a Cabelas catalogue.

I might have to try some riding specific under "garments".

Gas Man
10-01-2008, 06:21 PM
my wife, a cu manager, met a member that sells under armor... maybe I should get that info from her

detdrbuzzard
10-02-2008, 07:45 AM
i use underarmor also but its not cheap. a top and bottom together is about $100 and i've never seen it on sell for less than $49 each peice

Bob
10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
i use underarmor also but its not cheap. a top and bottom together is about $100 and i've never seen it on sell for less than $49 each peice

That's why you have to get the off brands that are the same thing. LOL* Champion at Target comes to mind.* I got a $11 Nike shirt at Dicks on clearance for using under my racing leathers.

10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Bob you just triggered a memory. I bought that stuff before for my son who plays football, he wanted it to help keep him warm on the cold wet days. Noooooow I know what you guys are talking about.* ::)

I don't mind paying for stuff if it does the job, especially if it's for me, and double especially if it's for me to go riding more!* ;D