PDA

View Full Version : Bike law question-

Doug
05-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Any of you guys (or gals) know if it's a law for a bike to have a working headlight on when riding during the day? (in Mich.)

I'm not even entirely sure where to start to look to find out....

Bob
05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I always thought so but I just did a quick read through on Michigan.gov and could not find anything except you need one headlight and no more than 2 but nothing about day time running on motorcycles.

Mudpuppy
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I saw something sometime that listed laws by state.. let me see if i can dig it up.. i was interested in the MP3 rule - i.e. can you have headphones on while riding - in michigan the answer is yes it is legal.. other states no..

RedneckMedic
05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
now the mp3 thing i did not know i thought it was a no no here so every time i would be riding next to i cop i popped out the head phones if i had em in. thats good to know.

Mudpuppy
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Here you go. Found it: http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

Good reference tool anyways

And I believe the answer to your question is yes headlight during day is required but it says specifically "Daytime Use of Headlight: Modulating headlight permitted"

So not sure what that means or what a modulating headlight is? Like a flashing light you see on goldwings? Not sure.

Doug
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks alot. For the info and that link. That earphone question was another I had that I kept forgetting about.

Yeah that modulating one is that one that appears to be flashing high beam then low beam.

Mudpuppy
05-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Excellent.. we all learned something new here..