PDA

View Full Version : ouch!!

RedneckMedic
04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
well just went down about 20 min ago. i was a block away from my house and and there was a car stopped at the yield sign on my left and just as i started to come through the intersection she pulls out in front of me and i locked up the breaks and the back came out from under me and i slid about 20 ft. im ok but pretty sore a little road rash and bruises here and there but ill heal. the part that pisses me off is that after i got up the lady that pulled out in front off me was standing there asking if i was ok i told her ya then i picked up the bike and looked at it for a second and when i moved it off to the side i looked around and she was gone. so i dont know whether or not to make a police report or not im getting ready to call my insurance agent and find out.

the things i need to replace on the bike so far are... throttle side grip ($80 for a new pair of isos), then on the throttle cable the part that bolts onto the throttle housing is snapped but the cable itself is fine (so dont know if i can just replace the end or not), and my right foot controls are pretty messed (i need the peg and a new brake pedal or maybe just the peg and bend the pedal back into place if i can.

horrorbusiness
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear you're all right, Always make a police report. Even if you feel alright you may want to see a doctor just in case.

Hoarsnest
04-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Ditto what horrorbusiness said - insurance is going to require it at least. Always a good idea to do regardless though.

NinjaGirl
04-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow. :( I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you aren't hurt.

seatmaker
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow that sucks, glad you are ok, now post some pics of the road rash :eek: I must be a sick bastard

jerrygsx
04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Good you are okay Rug, probably any case scenario at least get a license plate number so the idiot can be tracked down. Good thing you were't T-boned. Sounds like your damage is plenty enough to piss you off but not as bad as it could of been. I get worried for you cruiser guys with those teeny helmets and halter top t shirts. ATGATT. It's not that we aren't good riders, it's that there are stupid idiots like her that have a license to kill us!

junkyardjon
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
glad your ok, file a report if need be.

as a side note, i almost get hit everyday by my work. there repaving the streets and people just can't wait and think i'm a good target to hit LOL. oh, and the exit for the post office is right there too, they don't look or anything, just pull out figuring you'll stop for them.

vortech302
04-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Glad you're OK, I just moved into the Old Homestead area and these yield signs are such a bad idea

metrogtiguy
04-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Ouch! Glad you're ok, and she didn't hit you! My buddy Bob(different Bob :D ) got t-boned by someone just like that about 5 years ago on his V-max. He just started walking again last year..

wango
04-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Man that sucks Rugby, glad your alright, sorry bout the scoot.

RedneckMedic
04-30-2010, 11:32 PM
ya i hate the yield signs over hear and i should've know better at this intersection there is always someone blowing though it. its at commonwealth and howard just incase any of you southgate guys are in the area to watch out for it and thx for the well wishes and hope all of you stay safe as well

Chris300s
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'd file a report. If they ever they ever run her down, fleeing the scene of an accident should should make her rethink traffic signs and bikers.
On the upside, you and the bike survived with minor molestation. Back on the road to kick off her mirror another day.

Chris

jerrygsx
05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Rugby, What you could do is park your car near that intersection close to that same time of day (she may have that same daily routine) , get her plate number and/or explain to her if you see her again what could have happened and if she will pay for damages. If not, does she want you to file a " hit and run report or leaving scene of accident report". Good luck.

RoadZombie
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Damn! Sorry to hear it man. Glad your pretty much alright though.

Had a pretty similar incident last year around this time too. Sounds like you had a bit more speed going though. I basically just laid the bike over on my right leg and burnt the shit out of my calf on the cylinder jug. Only road rash suffered was from being pissed off while my leg was being cooked like bacon and instead of waiting for help getting the bike of me, I yanked my leg out. Not fun!

Agreed with what Hoarsnest said. If you're going to make an insurance claim, you're agent is going to require a police report.

Bob
05-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Glad you are ok man!

Gas Man
05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Glad your ok.

Don't file a report. You don't need one!

Add up the damage and see if its worth filing a claim. That amount vs the deductable. You can usually repair it for cheaper.

But whatever you do. Don't have teh work done at a shop. DO NOT! You can do the work yourself for an insurance claim.

I have done this before, so if you want we can talk on the phone. let me know. And as always the lift is open.

RedneckMedic
05-04-2010, 01:15 AM
the damage isnt bad enough for me to make a claim i have no idea how the tank didnt get messed up so for the most expensive thing is replacing my grips. people on the shadowriders forum or helping out sending there stock parts that they replaced with aftermarket ones so im getting off way cheaper the only things damaged surprisingly were the right side grip foot, foot peg and brake pedal, and the throttle cable (which i havent decided if i can fix or have to replace yet. i have someone sending me the stock foot pegs from his bike for only shipping the brake pedal the same and i had a spare rear turn sig from when i bought them because it came with four. i should be back to riding in a couple of days and im not as sore anymore either.

Gas Man
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Got some pics of the damage?

RedneckMedic
05-05-2010, 12:44 AM
heres some pics of the damage dont know how there isnt more damage to the bike or me after laying it down going about 30

new grips should be here tmr
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02193.jpg

broken throttle cable still waiting to see if i can replace just that part or if it has to be the whole cable.
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02192-1.jpg

some road rash to mc and such
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02197.jpg

exhaust wrap messed up i have extra left over so im going to re-wrap the front pipe
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02199.jpg

brake pedal bent inward going to attempt to bend back
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02196.jpg

foot peg damaged getting new ones from a member on another fourm
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/DSC02195.jpg

also realized the bars are a little tweaked but it took a lot for me to find it but the welds aren't broken so those will have to wait because unless i think about it or point it out to someone siting on it you cant notice it.

Doug
05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Glad things didn't end up worse for you, and however you did it, nice save on the tank. I think most everybike I've seen dumped got some tank damage somehow.

Anyway, glad you and the bike are (mostly) ok.

Gas Man
05-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah that's not so bad. I bet you have it all fixed up by next week!

RedneckMedic
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
thats the plan

RedneckMedic
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
went for a ride today and everything went great. so i wasn't able to ride for a week and now im good to go its just too bad the weather wont cooperate.