PDA

View Full Version : Stockbridge all bikes event

jerrygsx
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
May 2. Weather permitting, anyone going??

http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/events/All-Clubs-Ride-2010-05-02-Stockbridge-MI.html

Gas Man
04-27-2010, 02:03 AM
I'd luv to but won't be arnd...

Mudpuppy
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
as long as the weather is good i will go..

NinjaGirl
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I will go if it's not raining!

jerrygsx
04-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Will definitely watch weather and decide hopefully by Friday for sure if it's a go! We can form details between now and Saturday on either meeting up to ride there or meet in Stockbridge itself. I am passing this link along for any interested:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/Paragon68/All_Clubs_Ride_Poster_final__diamon.jpg

RedneckMedic
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Shit if that's the weekend of the cruise that would be awesome. Sounds like a fun filled weekend for me

Mudpuppy
04-28-2010, 12:43 PM
i am thinking pre-ride to stockbridge and then post-ride out of stockbridge.. stockbridge is the epicenter of all good roads..

jerrygsx
04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Mudpuppy,

What do you mean by Pre-ride? Ride together as group or meet you there and then meet up? Seems like your area would be a good spot to meet and possibly ride N territorial to Stockbridge (again Weather permitting). Sorry, my brain farts don't comprehend the advanced lingo of the experienced motorcyclists in this group,lol!:D

Mudpuppy
04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
lol jerry.. you are over analyzing - all i meant was meet somewhere, anywhere - toledo, detroit, lansing, kalamazoo, flint - whatever and ride to stockbridge on best roads possible - but more logically i was thinking the usual meeting spot:

Shell Gas Station at US-23 and North Territorial then ride the West Side Loop smack dab into Stockbridge. If coffee and donuts is 10am then I reckon we leave Shell around 9am for a good scenic route ride over to Stockbridge for some law enforcement sustenance - aka donuts.

Mudpuppy
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
and you can email me or send a text to my email anytime and i will respond (as long as i am conscious) at mudpuppy@wideopensportbikes.net

jerrygsx
04-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Alright Mud, I kinda thought that's what you meant. I23 & n territorial is fine with me and 9 is good also. Looks like weather at this point is pointing to showers sunday but will wait till Fri or Sat to see for sure. Hopefully Ninja girl is still going and whoever else wants. And WHERE is TELECAST!!

NinjaGirl
04-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm seriously thinking about going to, so keep me in the loop. My email is jennifer.demars@skanska.com and it comes right to my phone as well. Although I watched the weather this morning and it sounds like Sunday is wash out. :(

jerrygsx
04-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Ninjagirl, is meeting place at 9 am Sun at I 23 and N territorial at Shell station ok with you? Right now looks like weather will be crappy Sun.
Waiting for Gas Man to give us his blessing and for him to part the clouds and provide some blue sky!

NinjaGirl
04-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, that's fine. I will stay in touch before then and hopefully we'll know more about the weather.

Rider
04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Ninjagirl, is meeting place at 9 am Sun at I 23 and N territorial at Shell station ok with you? Right now looks like weather will be crappy Sun.
Waiting for Gas Man to give us his blessing and for him to part the clouds and provide some blue sky!

GM is out of town this weekend.

jerrygsx
05-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Man! Still not sure about this. I hear rain in morning (early morning, late morning ). If I go, I will still go to the meet spot by 9 am. If it's raining overnight, I will wait for the next event, CRAP!:confused:

NinjaGirl
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Jerry/Mud, if it's raining at 8 am, I won't be at the meeting spot. BUT it's supposed to stop raining early afternoon so if you're out, shoot me a text or call, I will meet you somewhere. (248) 408-7118.

jerrygsx
05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Absolutely Ninjagirl, if its raining at 7 am for me on my side of town, I will be holding off till later and maaaybee go straight to Stockbridge if it clears up.:rolleyes:

RoadZombie
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I'll probably head out that way at one point or another. Today was pretty much shot, but one way or another I'll be on the bike tomorrow. Not sure if its a "weather permitting" type of event if they'll call it off if it's raining in the morning or not. Suppose I can head that way and just keep going if its canceled. I have a feeling I'll probably be putting on a couple hundred miles come tomorrow...my head could use a good clearing before heading back to hell...I mean work, on Monday.

jerrygsx
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I can see it now, I will be the only dumb ass at the meeting spot in the pouring rain in my raingear!! If I am the only dumbass at Stockbride I better get a lot of free Donuts and Hot dogs!:eek::D:drag:

RoadZombie
05-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Raingear? Pffft! That's a free shower! If I'm not mistaken, NinjaGirl still needs her "Biker Baptism" anyways.

I just dunno about 9am regardless of the weather...me and Mr. Guinness are fixing to have a chat here shortly. Usually our "conversations" leave me a bit...groggy in the morning. ;-)

jerrygsx
05-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Well, For what it's worth, woke up to nice and dry outside. Went to make some coffee then the torrential downpour started. So I guess I won't be there this AM. If it clears up early (by about Noon) I may go straight to Stockbridge and at least get the free Hot Dog! It's about a 1 1/2 hr ride from east side.

NinjaGirl
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Did anyone make it to Stockbridge yesterday?

Rider
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
No I was working on my bike.

Mudpuppy
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Not I

jerrygsx
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
From Sterling Heights, after it stopped raining, I wasn't going to chance a downpour halfway there. Of course, didn't see a drop of rain till evening!! Heard from a few others that there was not much of a turnout and it did rain some there to filthy up some bikes. Oh well, other rides coming down the line.

NinjaGirl
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Road Zombie and I went to Holly for their bike thing. We were rained on there too.

seatmaker
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Was at the hospital for the last day and a half, my ole lady thought she was checking out with a heart attack. Turned out to be vertigo for now. That's good news. Did make it out to Jackson Saturday for a decent party for a good cause. Got wet but I'm thinking I like it better in the rain now since I'm always getting caught in it.

Mudpuppy
05-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Was at the hospital for the last day and a half, my ole lady thought she was checking out with a heart attack. Turned out to be vertigo for now. That's good news. Did make it out to Jackson Saturday for a decent party for a good cause. Got wet but I'm thinking I like it better in the rain now since I'm always getting caught in it.

Buy rain gear and it will never rain again (when you are riding)..